Allergy Community
Sinus symptoms and body aches, fatigue?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sinus symptoms and body aches, fatigue?

This is my first post.  I am an otherwise healthy 32 year old male, but frustrated by this recent baffling problem.

For the last 2-3 weeks, I've had mild sinus congestion & pressure, along with strange "flu-like" body aches, weakness & fatigue.  I have no fever or night sweats, and nasal mucous is clear.

I do get a lot of allergies, but never these "flu-like" symptoms.  I went to the doc and have been taking Septra for a possible sinus infection, but no improvement.

I don't know what's linking the sinus condition with the other symptoms... virus (like chronic fatigue), allergies, infection, autoimmune disorder (hope not)?

Any advice or comments welcome.
-Dan

My Immunologist told me once that allergies alone could be disabling. It sounds like you could have food allergies. One thing you could do is try going without sugar, dairy products, wheat/whey/oat/barley/rye and corn products for 2 weeks. Then slowly reintroduce these products and wait a couple of days before trying the next one.... see if you have an allergic reaction.

Thanks for your comment, its good to know.

You are very welcome. I believe your symptoms could be due to an intolerance or allergy to wheat products; maybe other foods as well and that is why my physician put me on the diet I suggested earlier. Here's a helpful link:

http://allergies.about.com/cs/gluten/f/blniaidceliac2.htm

This is my first posting.  I have been "sick" for 3 months now with sinus pressure and pain, fatigue, sometimes dizzy.  After 3 rounds of antibiotics no better, and over the counter allergy meds., Dr. sent me for a CT of sinus and it was clear.  Sent me to an ENT - gave me nasal steroid and antihistamines.  No help.  Been doing saline irrigation, vitamins.  Am now on Prednisone (steroid pills) for 6 days.  After 1 and 1/2 days feel better and pressure is leaving but scared because I know after this 6 days I'll be back to where I was and I'm extremely run down and need to rebuild to fight whatever this is.  Scheduled for allergy testing the end of the month.  Have always had sinus, but NEVER like this and for SO long.  Exhausted.  If anyone gets relief please post, as will I.
I have experienced the same daily " aches" and muscle pains especially in the morning , along with congestion , headache, or severe sinus migraines. I was also told to eliminate wheat from my diet, while drinking a detox shake of supplements and things that detox the body from allergens. Every morning i'd wake up like a truck hit me, stiff, sore, but not my bones. Like it was my muscles. I thought " chronic fatigue syndrome? Fybromyalgia? All this was with sever fatigue to the point where it was hard to function. I feel a bit better eliminating wheat, and detoxing on this protein powder. I'm also looking into investigating my thyroid. Hope this helps. Your'e not alone. It's weird and vague and crippling as you cant get much done.
Thanks for posting. I hope its a simple allergy that can be corrected.
"blocked"
I have a lot of the same symptoms as de4912.  Has anybody recovered since they posted.  I'm so frustrated and am looking for some releif.
Thanks.
I posted in one of the other forums - diagnosis non allergic rhinitis that Dr.'s don't know much about.  Want's allergy testing and then go on Singulair and Nasalcrom.  Check the forum for details.
Hi I am a 41 year old male who has had on and off nasal congestion, Chronic cough and flu like body aches. I have not said anything to my doctor yet but he has told me my cough is allergy related. The body aches are new. Has anyone had a definitve diagnosis yet? I have been living on Motrin for the aches. Also this time around I have neck and shoulder pain.
HI, I AM A 42 YEAR OLD FEMALE.  FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS I HAVE HAD THE SAME SYMPTOMS, OF AND ON, THIS LAST EPISODE HAPPENED JUST RECENTLY AFTHER ABOUT 10 MONTHS.  I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND BEGAN WATCHING WHAT I EAT. ESPCIALLY CORN. BECAUSE I DID HAVE CORN, WHICH I DO NOT EAT VERY OFTHEN.THE DAY I GOT THE SYMPTOMS AGAIN.  FIRST THE SERVERE FATIGUE HIT ME AND THEN ABOUT TWO HOURS LATER, MY WHOLE BODY BEGAN TO ACHE AS IF I HAVE THE FLU AND THEN WHEN THE ACHS WENT AWAY, ALL OF MY MUSCLES FELT EXTREMLY SORE AND THEN I GOT BAD SINUS PAINS. BEFORE READINGS THESE PEOPLES COMMENTS AND RESPONSE, I HAD NO IDEAS THESE SYPMTOMS COULD HAVE BEEN RELATED TO MY ALLERGY AND SINUSES.   I HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING TO MY DOCTORS FOR YEARS ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS.  I WAS ALWAYS ASKING MY DOCTOR IF BODY ACHES, SORENES AND FATIGUE AND SINUSES PROBLEMS HAVE ANY RELATIONS AND I WAS ALWAYS TOLD NO.  SHE ONCE SUGGESTED THAT I SART TAKING A ANTI DEPRESENT PILL.  AFTHER I HAVE READ YOURS AND OTHERS RESPONE TO THIS PROBLEM, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOU AND OTHERS MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS NOT LOSING MY MIND. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!                    
Mold/yeast can cause joint and muscle aches, headaches, asthma attacks, fatigue, and worse, even for those not "allergic" to it.  If there's so much as a fingernail-sized patch of mold in my house, I become too exhausted, cranky, depressed, and my joints and sinuses swell and ache.  I read somewhere that mycoplasma (mold) has even been found in the joints of people with rheumatoid arthritis!  
Mold grows anywhere humidity/water is present both indoors and out and yeast can be found in many foods, such as breads and beer.  Many foods are processed using molds, like certain cheeses.  Mold stimulates yeast overgrowth in the body, worsening allergies.  Yeast overgrowth has been implicated as a contributing factor in symptoms of MS, depression, arthritis, lupus, allergies, chronic fatigue, and nearly any disorder you can dream of.  You might do some additional research, as most doctors will look at you like you're crazy if you bring up yeast.
Out of control allergies! I have been miserable off and on for years. I am an optamistic person and when I get laid out like this, it blows me away. You all sound the same as I feel. I have been researching thinking that because of my horrible breathing that I have oxygen deprivation or carbon dioxide poisoning. My Dr. who I think is great. Is convinced that my allergies are out of control. I take shots, Astelin, Zyrtec D, Clariten, Benedryl, Flonase... nothing is working... I am in allergy fog and no doubt feel sick allot as I catch everything my kids bring into the house. Last night in desperation I went to the drug store and purchased another OTC med. Chlortramine, or something like that... a 4 hour jobby. My head started cracklin open and I started breathing better! ISo, I am feeling more rested than usual this morning... am also going to try the Zicam Seasonal allergy spray.

I don't discount CFS, but I don't want to accept that diagnosis either. Just because it is a catch all when we don't know what else to call it. I think allergies can make you miserable. It's August in the midwest and I have been "sick" for a month. Like a Mack truck has hit me every morning. All the rain has the mold up and the rag weed is seeding...

Any way, it is good to see I am not alone... I wish everyone well and the search to alleve the symptoms.

Take Care
Hi Fellow Allergy Sufferers,

My symptoms (flu-like aching of feet and legs, extreme fatique, breathlessness, malaise, with very mild sinus pressure and sore glands) began about a month ago. Since I've had a couple tick bites (dog ticks) and rashes this summer, my internist put me on an antibiotic to cover Lyme Disease. After 15 days of taking the antibiotic (which also cures sinus infections), there is no improvement.

I've had similar symptoms in the past, and am still trying to discover the cause. I once had a very severe reaction to drinking lots of corn chowder during a cold weekend in Maine. In addition to severe gastro-intestinal symptoms, I felt as though I was coming down with a bad case of the flu.  A day or so later the symptoms vanished! I have a milk allergy (but can usually tolerate dairy) and suspect that I also have a corn allergy, given the incident just cited. Yet, I often eat popcorn without a problem.  Tonight, I realized that my  current symptoms were coincidental with taking Caltrate chewables which contain corn syrup. There was also some moldy food in my fridge ( I'm very mold sensitive), but I cleaned out the fridge thoroughly with Clorox.

In my case, food sensitivities are so variable that it is difficult to know whether I need to cut out certain foods from my diet.

Teresa's description (just above) of feeling as though she's been hit by a Mack truck certainly applies to my morning awakenings. I'm also skeptical about CFS, having once been so diagnosed. I was given a variety of pills to increase quality of sleep. These only made me groggy and did not relieve the aching which is my main symptom.

I appreciate all of your sharings. It helps a great deal to feel joined in this quest for solutions.
This is day 21 of feeling absoultely terrible.  Muscle aches (especially in a.m), disabling fatigue, itchy eyes, "mushy" ears.  The fatigue is so bad that even folding a sheet is taking effort.  I live in East Texas and the ragweed is a possible culprit.  However, to complicate matters I am a Celiac (gluten intollerant).  
Does anyone have any treatment answers to overcome these symptoms or do I just go to bed until November??
Thanks,
Sarah
I know you are all on the right track.  You should read and study many more sites and books.  I think that the best immediate relief for all your symptoms is the Master Cleanse.  You can purchase the booklet from most all health food stores and you will be absolutely amazed at he results.   You can find the recipe on line as well, but I highly recommend the book in order to understand the benefits.  It only cost a little under 7 dollars.

Also research the netti pots. They work really well.  I also use silver as an antibiotic in most cases and homeopathic remedies for mold, yeast and pollen.

Good luck and God bless!!
Boy do these symptoms sound familiar.I have been suffering for 9 yrs with all the above (started when I hit 30) ,they come and go,and mornings are the worst. It took trips to neurologists,muscle biopsies,MRIs,blood test after blood test...the list goes on and on. Finally after my OWN research I went to see an allergist. Well it seems as though a lot of what you folks and I suffer from are severe allergies. My GP couldnt believe it. Kinda goes to show doctors dont know everything they think they do. Me Im lucky they never go away completely but the do lessen. LOTs of prescriptions!! Hang in there guys I know its not easy feeling this way but you do get used to it and adjust to knowing just when and how much you can do things. Good luck everyone and hang in here.
there are many things one can do to lessen allergic reaction within their own home. the 8 hours or so you spend in bed sleeping are especially important. keep room clean, eliminate clutter, enclose mattress and pillows in protective covers (not padded mattress covers, this is simply another place for dust mites to live) preferable the water resistant kind. I found mine at a store that sells foam futons, mattresses, pillows etc. can find them online as well. I learned about them through nurse I have been seeing for my symptoms at the asthma clinic here. check windowsills for mold. important, read up on mold, can be source of great distress.
years ago i had cough spasms, didnt know why. eventually found there was mold growing on wall behind my bed. must have been poorly insulated house. i cleaned that off, think i used bleach in the water. my cough went away.
however, i am currently back having trouble. planning to move, this apartment is 40 years old, original carpet. no point replacing as owners dont maintain well, water issues, leaks in walls i am sure. there is mold on bottom floor in the drywall where there was a leak. I am moving soon. hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

Some of you may want to join us in this discussion in the Neurology forum on CFIDS and lyme disease:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/41035

One thing about CFIDS is that most of us are unable to tolerate gluten and alcohol. I've had the Celiac disease panel and my labs were normal... however, my physician told me that you can have an intolerance to wheat, but not actually have Celiac disease. That is what I had.

A lot of the symptoms you all described have suddenly hit me like a brick this morning.  I am doing some research because I am too weak to walk to the clinic, and I have found doctors to be often unhelpful, unless I arrive with my own ideas about what might be wrong.  I have clogged sinuses, sever headache, body aches (esp. my lower back), severe dizziness (esp when I try to sit up/stand up), and nausea (also wierd abdominal pain, which started 2 days ago -I thought it was something I ate).  This combination of symptoms is entirely new to me.  I have been on SSNRIs for a little over a year, and for the last two weeks, have had cloudy, smelly urine (sorry for that info), but no pain, or blood.  I have never had an allergy problem in the past.  Any help would be great!
you should investigate whether some or all of you are suffering from depression and/or anxiety disorder.  See a good psychologist or clinical social worker and talk through your current issues and childhood, etc.  A lot of the symptoms you are describing are very common among people suffering from depression and/or anxiety.  We try to find "external" cures by blaming it on our bodies, but so often the problem is really psychological.  That doesn't mean it's not real -- it just means you have to attack it a different way to cure it.  Good luck to you!
Wow.  Like many of you, I've been frustrated and confused by a combination of symptoms including fatigue, muscle and joint pain, severe headaches and neck pain, and bloating.  I've had bouts of depression and anxiety but after extensively pursuing this angle I've concluded that they are the result of having so much chronic pain and discomfort and not the cause....  I've followed rigid food elimination diets in the past but that was before my pain and fatigue kicked in a few years ago.  I'm trying the Peter D'Adamo Blood Type Diet as well as higher doses of Allegra, believing that mold allergies may well be at the root of my health problems.  Since increasing Allegra, the intensity of my headaches has been reduced as well as the foggy feeling.  Since introducing the blood type diet I'm experiencing less stiffness and body pain and have been able to cut back on Ibuprofen.  This diet  is based on the idea that our blood heritage indicates which foods are beneficial (support the body's natural healing mechanisms) and those which are destructive to a particular blood type.  All further complicated by the possibility that premenopause is causing fog and other hormonal imbalances.  I've also just introduced all the microbial balancing solutions sold by Perelandra.  I hope to resolve all this but am conflicted as to whether there's more "out there" to support me.  I appreciate knowing others are having similar problems and hope to see more postings of what's working.
Have you tried eliminating gluten for a month or so in your elimination diets?  Alot of these symptoms fit Celiacs....fatigue, muscle and joint pain, bloating, headaches, even depression, irritability.  I would google Celiacs and probably Candida to see if either of these could be the cause.
Thanks you, I'll take a look at both of these.  I had blood work done a couple of years ago and I thought my physician said Celiac disease was included in this panel though I could be mistaken.  He also checked for lyme disease (though I realize the test isn't definitive).  It's worth a look in any event.  Thanks again.  
If they did test for Celiacs, know that the testing is not always all that accurate.  There are several methods to get tested, genetic testing, antibody blood panel, biopsy, and/or fecal tests.  Most of the methods show a pretty high rate of false negatives (except for the genetic testing; its kind of like pass fail, but if you do have the genetic markers it doesn't mean you definitely have it, and if you don't it doesn't necessarily mean you don't).  It can just give you a good idea of whether you are more likely to develop it.  So it may be more effective for you to just research celiacs, and gluten and then eliminate gluten completely for at least a month and see how you feel; you could begin to see results within just a few days.
I have symptoms like many of you describe. Severe sinus problems plus the flu like body and joint aches. I am looking at Wegener's disease and hope to God I don't have it.
Try a gluten free or grain free diet
I have suffered from all of the above (headaches, neck, shoulder, back aches, muscle aches, dizziness, fatigue, bloating, etc.,etc.) for years.  Like most of you, I tried all kinds of remedies, went to all kinds of doctors and had very little relief.  I finally began to exercise and found that I felt somewhat better.  I increased my exercise program to one hour on a bicycle at a fast pace, one half hour of weight bearing exercises (I am a 58 year old woman and have been exercising with weights that range from 10 to 20 pounds) 500 crunches and a number of other stretch exercises.  I did this at least 5 days a week, sometimes more. For years I was virtually symptom free.  Two months ago I broke my leg and have been unable to do any of my exercises and, guess what?  All of the nasty symptoms are back in force.  I cannot wait to resume my exercise regimen as I know I will once again feel strong amd pain free.
My son and a few of his friends came down with a cold or something resembling strep about a week a go, which I got from him as well.  Extreme sore throat, coughing, muscle aches and pains, headaches, fever and fatigue.  My son wakes up crying about not being able to walk due to the pain, which leads me to believe it is some kind of virus, not a disease.  ANy input?!?!
Sinusitis is inflammation of the sinuses.Sinusitis is categorized as infectious or allergic.Sinusitis in older people most frequently occurs with rhinitis as part of the common cold and so is caused by a virus. The nasal congestion that results blocks the sinuses, preventing drainage of mucus into the nose and mouth. The sinus mucus then builds up and thickens, and infection in the sinuses becomes more likely. Infectious sinusitis can also be caused by a bacterial infection or sometimes by a fungal infection.
Allergic sinusitis is caused by an allergic reaction to dust, mold, pollen, or another substance in the environment.
If you have infectious sinusitis it may be causing the "flu-like "symptoms.It should settle down with anti-biotics.
Alternatively you could be going in for a viral infection.
I am also suffering from many of the symptoms you all describe, sinus pressure, sinus headache and extreme fatigue and body aches. This is the 5th and longest bout (about two weeks long so far) in 3 months.  I have tried antibiotics and it comes back.  I am on every allergy treatment -- zyrtec, allergy shots, steriod spray and I got a steroid shot when I was at the doc a week ago.  Alll of it has helped in the past, but not since March.

I did find a few alternatives on the internet I am trying (out of desperation).  The most promising so far is the sinus flooding procedure, where you flood your sinuses with mesosilver collodial silver supplement.  Sounds wierd, but if you check out the site, many who have been suffereing swear it works. http://www.****.htm

I have also bought sinus buster nose spray at sinusbuster.com that uses a chemical in a pepper to desensitize you to allergens, and also am trying sinus wars -- a number of remedies at sinuswars.com  Nettle tea also I hear works well but haven't pursued that yet.

I will let you know how it goes and am anxious to hear if any of you found relief
I experience symptoms identical to those mentioned above. Interestingly, so does a colleague of mine, who sits very close to me in our staff-room...I am a school teacher. He sits directly under the air-conditioning vent in our staff-room and I sit close by.
I recognise when he is coming down with the symptoms as he gets a blackening under the eyes first, along with extreme fatigue, as do I.

Before I moved to Australia, from England, I had never suffered with allergies/sinus problems/blocked ears/chronic fatigue (when suffering these symptoms) and I had also never worked in an air-conditioned room.

I am wondering if a mold/dust allergy combined with a poorly maintained air-conditioning system  in workplace could have anything to do with our symptoms?

Would be interested in your comments on this.

Kind regards,

Gill
Just in reference to your comment re depression/anxiety and the symptoms involved in this disussion.  

I was diagnosed as clinically depressed and have been on Prozac for a number of years, however, it's only in the recent year that I've started the aching muscles, chronic fatigues, sinusitis, headaches and feeling completed exhausted.  (Strange itchy untreatable spots too) Although depression/anxiety can be a cause for these symptoms these complaints can also be viral and completely indepentent of underlying psychological issues.  Something that was mentioned to me recently also was Mercury Poisoning from fillings (I have a mouth FULL of mercury!) as the sypmtoms of this are very similar too. (that's the problem, so many causes for these symptoms)

I've started the process of elimination recently and am now awaiting blood test results to rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis, (Fibromyalgia can't be diagnosed by blood tests unfor) and any other issues that blood tests can determine.  I tried treatment for Fibromyalgia, nightmare, I wouldn't advise anyone to go there unless absolutely necessary!

The plan is to do a lot of the work myself, ie I've given up dairy and for the first time in years my sinuses and head aren't throbbing, next is Wheat, then, to rule out bacteria/parasites in the gutt I plan on doing a complete colonic detox (you should see what comes out of your body, scary!)  Anyone HAS to feel better with that **** out of your body!

Anyway, I might just start getting my fillings changed too because I'm leaving no stone unturned, I'm sick of being sick and am determined to change the way I feel (a straightforward diagnosis would be a pleasant surprise at this stage and it might well be RA!)  but really I think Doctors are very quick to put everything down to being viral or psychological if blood tests don't diagnose a straightforward illness.  

Good luck to you all with this and keep your progress posted please!
I have very identical symptoms to those of "blocked" and half the people out here. Sinus pressure (with absolutely clear sinuses), severe muscle pains and fatigue, and a general feeling of being down and out. I all suffer from dyspepsia, though that is a long-standing symptom.

I had lots to study when these symptoms started and Dr.s told me it was due to stress. Things got worse when I actually came down with Depression and I believed that it was the cause. But after over a year of treatment for depression, I am no better. Now I feel strongly, as someone mentioned earlier, that my symptoms are the reason for my anxiety/depression rather than the effect. There seems to be nothing wrong with me clinically, as far as my tests show. Therefore, I really hope that its an allergy since that will give me a reason for these annoying problems that are creating havoc in my life.

I was very pleased to find this forum and see that there are fellow-sufferers of this inexplicable syndrome. Hopefully we shall all find relief and, most importantly, correct diagnosis!

Thank you, all!

"Down and Out"

Thank you, all!

"Down and Out"
Wow. I've been going through many of the same symptoms as the rest of you. I've had achy legs in the past but the last month or so have been getting me down. I was really bloaty and realised I had been eating a lot of popcorn and corn on the cob. I felt better in a few days of not eating any corn (that I knew of). Last night I ate quite a bit of pasta and today I'm in agony. No bloating, just pain all over my body. I'm so glad to read all your posts because I was beginning to think my life was over. I had shoulder surgery last Spring and it's been extremely hard to bounce back. I can understand how people just give up and get old. I will be watching my food very carefully for the next little while. I was really healthy and felt great when I got all my carbs from vegetables. I would have cheese once in awhile but have been eating it every day lately. You all have convinced me to go back to my "better way" of eating. Thank you!
Agreed with everyone above. Sounds like food allergies. You could also try probiotics. I would have a thyroid checked, since those are strongly linked. Also try and avoid sugar. Its so hard to do. I loved my mt dew, I still have to have the one, but it makes me feel so awful after i drink it.
I am very relived seeing that I am not alone.
Moving to this new place know for allergies, since 2 yrs my life has been a havoc.
Having been in almost perfect health until then, I stared getting severe allergy symptoms including eye allergies,fatigue, dry cough and wheeze .,esp during spring.Time coincided with my oral surgery.Penicillin, bruofen, and Allegra took a toll on my stomach this time, I believe.Ended up having dyspeptic attacks.My physician disagree that the medicines caused it, and swears it is the stress.She wanted me on antidepressants.But though I agree,I do have certain degree of stress and not a very ideal stomach friendly diet since I like to eat spicy food, I managed all these years without any complaints.
It just made me think of all possible diagnosis from Cancer to Multiple sclerosis.

I challenged to take care of it myself without any antipsychotic drugs when my physician wanted to prescribe antidepressants.

What I believe has helped me be symptom free is regular probiotics tablets /lots of yogurt, Omega 3 tablets, changed my vitamin brand, no coffee, tea(miss my green tea tho'), mild spices in my diet,
V8 juice each day, a banana first thing in the morning(works wonders for dypepsia), avoiding dry wheat products like bagel, toasted bread.
I believe these changes have kept my dyspepsia at heal, and my body fatigue and immunity seems to be doing better too.At least no allergy symptoms for right now, have to wait and watch until next spring.Still not been able to have a regular exercise schedule, will work on that.
Realizing that my symptoms are not unique is a big relief !!!!
Yes, we can work out a plan to help ourselves to get out of this unknow and depressing state, without having to be prescribed too many medicines which come with their own new side effects!!!!!

Just wanted to put out there, what has worked for me. I just saw my own previous post in this thread. I remember how bad I felt.

I did get tested for food allergies and only had a very mild corn, wheat, onion, tomato and strawberry allergy. Didn't even register a 1. I started cutting stuff out and nothing changed for me. (I had already done the probiotic thing).

So... if nothing else is working and you are sick all of the time, what do you do? Here is what worked for me.... may not work for everyone, but it literally changed my life. My doctors couldn't help me.

My allergist told me to start using the sinus rinses (nettie pot)... and put me on Allegra (again). Welp... my nose felt better but the Allegra really didn't cut it. I went to the pharmacy and bought every over the counter allergy med. I could buy. Praying that something would work.

I took some Chlortrimaton one afternoon... and within about 10 minutes... my head started crackling and popping and opening up. It was the best! Within a couple of days the lowgrade fever feeling, the body aches and fatigue were gone. Tavist also seems to work pretty well...

Of course these are first generation allergy meds, and most Allergists push the 2nd gen. for obvious reasons. They think if Benedryl hasn't worked for you, the other more obscure ones probably won't. Welp... I found one that did.

I didn't want to be tired all of the time, so I get by, by doing the saline nasal rinse in the morning (sometimes I'll add a sudafed it is really bad)... and taking Chlortrimaton at night. I feel pretty good.

Bad news... Chlortrimaton is not sold in a 12 hour any more in the US. It is sold out of Canada though under another name.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
:o)
am 25 year old male
have had some same seemingly mysterious, often sudden and debilitating symptoms as most of you, plus some other psychological issues, bad dreams and depression issues. and just general malaise. have been doing research including wheat/gluten allergies, celiac's disease, lymes and environmental allergens. i would definitely suggest looking into the candida yeast overgrowth issues. have tried candida diet and felt physical relief but is very stressful on a low budget. i agree that cutting out wheat can be very helpful to start as it is definitely not going to hurt you.
Also if you think about the fact that most of our not so distant ancestors were eating much simpler, cleaner diets for hundreds, even thousands of years, possibly within 1 or 2 generations of us. it makes quite a bit of sense that our bodies may react badly to the homogenized diet we currently consume
also i would say that i agree strongly with felicia6 about exercise. GET SWEATY. and then get clean to remove irritants/allergens. moving around makes your body work harder thus processing faster. eat light and often. keeping the metabolism up seems to help. and it helps your head. when your happy you feel better, maybe not all the way better, but every step is in the right direction. and dont let yourself  be diagnosed with mental problems (or anything for that matter) right off the bat. if you dont react well to what most people do or eat, it doesn't necessarily make you sick!
For over a month now, I've had general weakness, and strangely profound weakness in the muscles, with a recurring headache that moves around from the eyes to the back of the head, which also causes a mild feeling of nausea. This all seems to have started with the Santa Ana winds which seemed to provoke a very harsh, burning nose cold, which mostly went away only to be slowly replaced by the current vague yet profound symptoms described above.
I grew up in the 1970s, and I never had anything like this. In the old days, you'd just get sick, maybe really sick, and then it would be gone in a week or two, etc. But from about 1994 onwards, I've had bouts of this modern stuff that stays with you for a LONG time, and stops you from exercising. I'm told that it's allergies, which in turn allow some current virus to enter your system and stay there. I was told to try Zrytec. I may do that, but I just can't get used to the notion that the root is allergies. I grew up with allergies, and they didn't EVER make me weak like this, weak and depressed, with interpersed parts of the day when I feel I'm almost totally better, only to have it come back. I suppose you can develop a totally new allergy as you get older. I suppose the root of what I have is a bad nasal allergy that is causing everything else. In the old days it would only cause sneezing, watery eyes, etc.
I just don't get it, and never will!

You guys are all welcome to join me in the fibromyalgia / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome forum.

If you guys have:

muscle aches
joint pains
weakness
frequent infections
severe allergies
chemical sensitivites
headaches
brain fog

.... then feel free to check out this link and/or consider joining us in the fibro / CFS forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Symptoms-of-Fibromyalgia-and-CFIDS-ME/show/524?cid=39
I'm "glad" I´m not the only one suffering from this. I have been treated for sinus and bronchitus (bronchitis) infections that "weren't there" for years. I´ve been off the milk products for a month now and I don´t have that feeling of having weights on my limbs and I can´t move. I've also given up bananas and I´m finally able to breathe without the sensation of having an elephant on my chest- I´m still going to go see an allergist because I want to see if there is something else I need to watch out for.
I also suffer with flu like aches and was told I had everything from Fibromyalgia to CFS. I refused to accept that - It took me FOUR YEARS to figure out what it REALLY was - I'm allergic to cottonseed oil and canola oil. As long as I avoid these things - which is difficult - because they're in almost everything, I feel great. I do have other things like when the lilacs bloom or when the grass gets sprayed that will give me these same flu like aches - I've just decided my body is VERY sensitive.
Also my first post. I have been achy, especially in the neck and shoulders and have had flu like symptoms for over a year.Feel like I have a fever but I don't. Been to an allergist but didn't have the food allergy test done. I can't imagine it's something I am eating that is causing this! I had a CT and was told it is not sinusitis. Had every type pf blood work done. Most days it is hard to function. I am at my ends wits and feel I am running out of options and no one can help.  
Can someone help me figure out how you get the food allergy testing done? Is this something insurance will cover? Can I just ask my PCP and do you need to request a specific test? I think people think i'm crazy when i tell them i think its my food that might be making me feel like this!
You can ask to see an allergist for these tests.  But, don't be surprised if you find that you react to certain foods that you test negative for.  The igE tests don't test for sensitivities, which are like hidden food allergies.

The best way to test for food sensitivities is to see a naturopath and go through an elimination diet.  It takes quite a bit of time to do this, but it's definitely worth it if avoiding certain foods makes your symptoms improve.

Ignore the naysayers.  They don't understand that food sensitivities and allergies can indeed make one feel pretty lousy.  As Platelet Gal mentioned, wheat and gluten intolerances, which automatically includes dairy intolerances, can make a person feel pretty lousy and even cause extreme fatigue and body aches.
the comment by dclogan, Feb 13, 2008 09:24AM regarding these symptoms as depression needs to be removed.  

I play tennis and have these symptoms increasingly as I age after a hard game and have muscle pain.  I do not like to take meds, therefore a hot bath and much rest is usually what improves my condition, and I think I am also depleted in vitamins and electrolytes.  My muscle pain and fatique is most likely related to allergies or a missing nutrient.

It is the mumbo-jumbo of looking to doctors for meds to "remove" these symptons that worry me the most.  Depression is not the cause or the answer to these symptoms and it is odd that people want to push anti-depressants so much these days.
Can allergies to food or environment cause a fever?  I had a full day of intense sneezing fits (about 5-7 sneezes at a time) coupled with TERRIBLE body aches, and a fever of 101.4.  The next day, the sneezing and congestion was turned off like a light switch, but the aches got worse and the fever, while a little lower was still there.  Today, the body aches are lessened a bit, but now have been having occasional muscle twitches all over, and fever is lower still...I'm a little perplexed by this.  Does anyone have any clues as to what this could be?
I know what is the cause of such aches and the other symptoms of which everyone is describing.  I have been personally searching for the cause of this problem for the past five years or more.  I have run through all of the possible causes and solutions mentioned by previous comments and to no avail.  It is very frustrating to have doctors and others tell me (and doubt me) as to the severity and legitimacy of what I am suffering.  OK here is the silver bullet cause in my opinion and experience:

Those who suffer the pains, sinus/breathing difficulties, fatigue, etc that are being submitted in the comments are having a reaction to mold.  The specific mold is named "alternaria" and it grows when living plants (especially cut grass) decompose.  It grows and thrives in hot and humid weather.  The heat and humidity allow the mold to grow and become suspended in the air we all breath.  Thus, the aches are most prevalent in hot and humid months and when grasses grow and are cut the most (June-August).  Other allergies can compound the problem/symptoms.  

Relief comes with a change in the weather - cool temps or rain which cleans and knocks the mold out of the air.  Alternaria does not grow below 60 degrees so cold nights and cool days are when the symptoms are least felt.  Winter/snow cover is the only total solution to the presence of alternaria.  

Mold does a couple of things to the body.  First it inhibits the respatory system and thus interferes with the Kreb's cycle causing a build-up of lactic acid in the muscles - thus the severy cramped, stiff and achy feeling.  At its most severe it will cause dizziness and nausea.  The proteins in mold also contribute to the production of lactic acid and the body has no means to absorb the lactic acid due to the breakdown of the Kreb's cycle and the continual production of lactic acids over time.

Once the mold suspended in the air is diminished by some force such as a reduction of humidity (particularly hot & humid), rain or cold temps then the effects on breathing in the mold diminish.  Often, the temps drop but the air still holds the mold if no rain has fallen and wind keeps the air stirred with previous mold growth.

If this sounds like it fits everyone's pattern of suffering then I believe the cause is mold in the air.  Mold is many many times (1000's) more potent than pollen so there is really nothing that can provide relief.  Sometimes nasal steroid sprays can provide relief, but not if the mold is particularly prevalent in the air.  
I'm 56, female, athletic. It seems to me that we're all talking the same thing, with slight presentation differences. The name people come up with for their understanding of what "it" is, and their groups and communities they follow, all seem to be the same, basically. Call it "Allergies", "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity", "Systemic Candidiasis", "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" or whatever, but we all seem to be on the same page, and untreatable for the most part. I'm glad to have run into you all in here, and hope that, combined, we can share enough to help each other out. Each body is different, as is each environmental set of conditions in which we all live, hence the slight variety of "symptoms" and "things that work for me". I have had an increased period of evaluating my "condition" for a decade now, which has lead me to the following; I seem to be allergic to oil based products, ranging from plastics to automobile fumes to clothing to foods because of ingredients and packaging and/or processing. When the air gets hazy, I will get sick. I have seen an allergist for a decade, earlier, and he referred me to an environmental specialist. Fevers can come from allergies. Allergic reactions can look like the flu. They can all cause a cascade of reactions that can look like a variety of diseases and syndromes, or as one doctor told me several years ago "I believe you've had four or five viruses this month, one on top of another".
Together we can share our experiences and knowledge, and help ourselves in a society which ignores and misunderstands what we are going through. Their turn will come. In the meantime, we can help those who will listen ;)
I have what I believe is Sinus Tinnitus.  I developed tinnitus (ringing in the ears) after an ear infection many years ago.  After visiting ENT doctors and trying all sorts of medications, I started allergy injections.  It seemed to work until I completed my allergy injection cycles (5 years later).  After about nine months of completing all my injections, I developed another ear infection and the tinnitus returned.  I again started injections and the sinus conditions and tinnitus stopped.  Again, I completed all of my allergy injections (about 5 years later), and after about a year, an ear infection set in with the tinnitus.  I am trying to convince my allergist that it is all tied into each other.  Is anyone suffering from sinus problems and tinnitus?  Does anyone know of any remedies for this condition other than allergy shots (don't know if I can contiune to take them the rest of my life and if insurance will continue to pay fro them that long)?  Any suggestions???  I did see a pill called t-gone.  Anyone try it?  Please give me some advice.  The tinnitus is very annoying (putting it mildly) and the constant build up of mucus in the ears is a killer.  Can anyone help me???

Thanks!
It's been a while since the original post, but he's wondering what's linking his sinus symptoms with the aches w/o fever, etc.  My guess would be the antibiotic his doctor prescribed: Septra.  I was prescribed the same antibiotic for what my doctor thinks is an infected lymph gland.  Four doses after starting Septra, I started experiencing what de49152 was experiencing: body aches, headache/sinus pain, no fever, no nasal discharge, no cough.  Headache and joint/body aches are listed as possible side effects of the antibiotic.
I had every one of these symptoms for almost two years. Brain fog, CFS, gas, bloating, muscle pain and weakness, lower back and shoulder pain, moodswings, ibs, food allergies out of no where, leaky gut syndrome, depression, feeling alone, crying, sadness, dizziness, UTIs, kidney stones, kidney infection, sugar cravings, carpal tunnel syndrome, thyroid problems, weight gain, rapid heart beat, bronchitis, sinus problems, ringing in ears, fever, chest pains, shortness of breath, disturbances in the monthly girl thing, sudden hunger with feelings of anger, the list goes on and on. SYSTEMATIC CANDIDA. Kill the candida and all your illnesses start to go away. You might not have all of the symptoms i named here and anyone can have this thing, kids, men, women. Everyones different so it can effect everyone differently. I thought I was going crazy. My symptoms changed day to day. My husband would get so frustrated with me because I was always on the internet trying to find out what was wrong with me untill one day he started having the same symptoms. I finally found out what was going on with us. It was Systematic Candida. It's pretty much a yeast infection that starts in your intestines then can spread through your body. We used Threelac and it worked. We have our lives back.    
and i thought i am chronically sick for no reason. i have always suspected its link to my rhinistis and that i had a yeast infection before. everyday, for this whole week, i woke up feeling like a train wreck, and by mid day, in the coldness of the office, i start to feel congested in the head, and dizzy and absolutely tired. by end of day, my body aches, my head is heavy and i could hardly walk or pay attention to anything i am doing. i just want to lie down and sleep! and i am a marathoner!!!! how do you explain that? my partner thinks i am getting sick too often. i have even experienced extensions of these symptoms like vertigo and migraine. i just want to nip this in the bud and have my life back! should i go see an allergist? should i be watching my diet carefully? i am on a complex carb diet due to my running so i eat a lot of wholemeal, spelt, etc. not sure if that affects. oh and i discover few days back, i am allergic to prawns. face starts itching and maybe that is why i am feeling lousy now. oh and i had a weird insect bite on my thigh that grew into the size of a tennis ball. i am certainly allergic to many things and i don't know what....! reading this helps. now i a know i am not looney and need to see an allergist. thanks all!
Wow guys, I have simlar symptoms.  Ive gone to the doctor many times and because allergies make me feel so stupid, my head feels like a bowling ball, I feel very weak, hard to breathe, I feel it effects my daily activities and Im simply tired of it.  Ive tried nasal sprays, pills, antibiolics, allegry d, sudafid,  etc... But I have found the neti pot to help me out a lot.  I use a little more than warm water to flush out my congestion and I take a multivitamin everyday.  Ive been eating fruits because they have lots of antioxidants and vitamins in them which can help kill the bacteria.  PILLS ONLY COVER THE PROBLEM!!! Ive learned from my experience.  Im simply tried of it, I heard even honey helps and I would try a new diet plan and exercise along with plenty of rest.  GET A NETI POT, its helped me and make sure you use not too hot but hot water to where it flushes your nose out and blow all the stuff out of your nose.  Dont blow too hard but slowly because they congestion will come back.  Good luck to all.
Oh and I use like two bags of that salt solution for the nose, one after the other with the neti pot.  So I do it twice... I tried putting two bags at a time but I found that if you do it twice in each nostril, it is most effective with hot water.  Not really hot to where you burn yourself though.  Enough to get your congestion out , etc. I saw the Neti pot on opera with Dr.Oz and let me tell you, its awesome and no chemicals, its all safe.  Good luck guys.
I constantly get laryngitis - approx 9 times in last 10 months. Do not always need antibiotics but this time I did. This started about a month ago - so first i had laryngitis, next week chest infection, last week lower respiratory tract infection! I am on my third set of antibiotics and feel 'slighly better' however for the past month I have had severe pains between my shoulder blades - these started before anything. Doctor told me that its just an infection but i have severe sweats at nighttime, on & off fever, constantly tired and generally feeling crap. Im going to go back to doc tomorrow as I am concerned about pains in back. I feel a bit like the boy who cried wolf - likw no-one believes. I am due to go back to work on Wednesday but cannot go back like this. Any feedback would be appreciated
I am experiencing very similar symptoms to those described on this forum - some have been long term and some acute, over just the past 2 weeks.  In the long term, I've had chronic yest infections, joint and low back pain, bouts of depression, frequent and severe colds/flu, mental fog and low energy levels.  Doctors have simply told me I'm too stressed, "some people just get sick a lot" and tried to put me on antidepressants, which I won't do because I think it is ignoring the root of the problem.  I eat healthfully and exercise regularly, and people often ask me questions along the lines of "why are you sick all the time when you have such a healthy lifestyle?".  As for the past 2 weeks, it's been extreme weakness, aching legs, congestion and a bit of a chest cough.  Doctors have told me it's the flu, and that I simply need to rest and it will go away.  I have had the flu before and this does not feel the same, nor is it getting any better despite the fact that I have been off work and resting in bed for 2 weeks.  I made an appointment with a Naturopathic Doctor, because I don't think I just should accept the notion that "some people just get sick a lot" and that drugs are going to make my problems go away.  I'll let you know if this helps!!
I am 22 and I have been experiencing a lot of different pains. I sometimes have a numbness feeling in my feet or ankles, sometimes in my hamstrings making me feel as if I can't walk nearly as fast. I'm constantly fatigued and my back and body is always so stiff and sore and aching. I have never felt this way for this long. I'm almost positive it started with my first staff infection. I felt the meds did not help. I ended up within a month after that getting all these puss filled blisters in the form of a staff infection, and the docs at the hospital prescribed me the same medicine, and after a month and a half i got a 3rd staff infection somewhere near my first one. I feel as if ever since then I have been infected with something because I read about a staff infection can get into your blood if its not treated properly. the hospital i went to seemed to have no interest in listening to the symptoms I was having, but all I Know is I been feeling this way for about 7 months now and its crazy. Im exhausted and I can't take feeling this way. any ideas?
I'm a 27 year old male with chronic sinusitis. At least I once did. I used to get several sinus infections yearly and I just learned to deal with it. One year ago Witt some drugs I was finally able to rid myself of the constant pressure. About a week ago I started feeling a little bit of pressure coming on almost like a cold was about to hit. I started to get minor headaches but Tylenol didn't help much. Last night I was relaxing and out of nowhere i had this migraine that wouldn't go away for anything. I felt pressure behind my eyes, on my cheeks, forehead and the back of my head. I had an extreme sensitivity to light them the tooth aches hit. That has always been a tale tell sign. So I take some sudafed to help with the pressure (which did) but before it kicked in I started to get the chills like I had the flu. No fever but to say the least it was a rough might sleeping. All day today I've had aches and pains all over, joints have these random stabbing pains and dry coughs it's getting irritating. I've had sinus infections for years but I've never experienced one like this! Any suggestions?
i am not alone! every spring for the past few years i've been getting tougher allergy symptoms. a couple of years ago my doctor put me on Loratadine. It didn't seem to do much. My problem has been not so much with "regular" allergy symptoms like stuffiness & congestion, watery eyes. (although i get these symptoms) ...it is the massive fatigue and brain fog that just lays me out. Doctor didn't seem to "get it" - the fatigue was from an allergy or something, not from medication! How do we get rid of the fatigue & brainfog? Besides mold/blooming flowery trees/grass whatever, might i have developed a food allergy as well?
I've been also having body "aches" and was getting concerned that it was something serious; relieved I'm not alone on this one.  It started with aches in my hips, back and shoulders.  I was exhausted, sleeping 10-11 hours a night to feel I could function the following morning.  My doctor checked my ears and nose and said the tissue in my nose looked like I was having an allergic reaction...likely to pollen which it's been at high levels where I live.  I'm all for natural treatments; try to stay away from medications...I've had enough of that for the past 10 years.  I've been diagnosed with anemia and vitamin D deficiency...I wonder if these deficiencies are related to the allergies.  You may want to have your vitamin levels tested...they are not included in the routine blood tests.
I feel relieved to see that I'm not alone! Have been having these same symptoms on and off since the Holidays!! (Cough, fatigue, burning eyes, body aches, no fever) I was beginning to freak out thinking I have a horrible illness because, even though I do suffer from severe allergies to all type of pollen, mold, etc since my teens, I have never had these symptoms for such a long time. Don't really want to go to the doctor again 'cause the antibiotics she prescribed only helped a wee bit with the sinus inflammation ... AND destroyed my stomach!!
If anyone finds a remedy for this awful allergy ...please let me know!  
raggedy_ann
RaggedyAnn
...(continued from poppyseednatural) I had my first sinus infection at age 12 and never had a problem again until I was 28.  Last year I moved to a new town and developed a cough, watery eyes, itchy throat and headaches (never mind the bunch of trees surrounding my whole neighborhood!!!).  This is the first year I've had an aching body as a result of allergies, although no fever.  I did take some loratadine for the first time yesterday and it seemed to relieve the muscle aches.  I do go to an acupuncturist to treat digestive symptoms, so I'll be trying to make an appointment this week to address the allergy piece.  There is something going on with Spring this year or as others suspect, I've become allergic to some food!...maybe sugar??? I've been having more hard candy in the past two weeks than I've had in many years.  I'll let you know if acupuncture helps me with the allergies.
Man im so glad im not alone!!  I basically have the same symptoms as the first post (de49152)  I am 26, male 5' 11" 178lbs and I've been running everyday for about 15-30 min. a day for the past year and a half.  Been eating better, no pop,mostly water and fruit juice. Pretty healthy I would say.  Never had allergies or sinus problems until now.  

For the past 2 months I have had sinus pressure, headaches (on temples and back of head), post nasal drip, CLEAR MUCUS, need to clear throat, fatigue, trouble sleeping, weak, and the most annoying of all the boby aches (front of tighs, arms and chest feel weak like i got hit by a truck) I just recently noticed light twitching, weird heart beats and a weird sensation below my left eye and upper jaw (very light).

Went to doctors month ago got checked out Dr. said it was "ALLERGIES".......Gave me antibiotics and told me to take benadryl.  2 1/2 weeks later no improvements, muscle aches are worse.  Paid another visit to Dr. this time got blood work done everything came back NEGATIVE!!!   Gave me a shot and another round of antibiotics.........."allergies" he says. (originally im from CA and now I live in OK, Dr. says the change is causing my symptoms.

Anxiety is really kicking in! need help! If anyone knows what this is let me know................

Glad to find this forum. Really starting to worry about what is going on. I live in Colorado and from what I'm hearing, the polyns are way up this year. I guess mine started about 4 weeks ago when spring was just getting started. Not sure if that's a co ensidence or not. Lots of the same symptoms as most of you except this year I'm not getting the iching eyes and I seem to be breathing fairly clear through my nose although there is some pressure in my sinuses. I am however, dealing with bad body aches, sore lower back, sore upper back, sore shoulders and neck. Exhausted a lot. Feels like the flu or High Fever aches with out the high temp. I get odd little shooting pains every now in again in my thighs, wrist, love handles etc. Feel like I'm falling apart. Maybe that just happens at 40!
Going to see the Doc tomorrow so I'm really hoping for an answer.
Hi you guys ! oh man , It's just so hard living with these symptoms and the worst part is that you never know what is the essential underlying cause , and people around you ! when they tell me it's psychological and you are obsessed and nothing is wrong with you it just drives me crazy ! it's been 2 years I've been dealing with these symptoms that are sore throat and dry mouth which makes it impossible to talk fluently and easily , severe fatigue and headaches . I'm 23 years old but if I'm 3 hours out of bed I feel frustrated and tired . My doctor says it's not my sinuses and he prescribed me Prednisolone and Celecoxib to avoid potential allergies . but well nothing works . I am so relieved seeing all you guys going through what I am facing . My social life had been paralyzed for these recent two years . any comments are welcome , I'm looking forward to know your ideas
God bless you and hang in there
Emir
A few weeks ago I woke up with the worst migrane (migraine) I've ever had!  I had intense neck aches/pain that spread down to my back and legs.  I'm currently battling migranes (migraines), fatigue, body aches, nasal/sinus congestion, restlessness, anxiety, night sweats, occasional indigestion, and randomly-appearing little red spots on my stomach and chest.  My nose is always stuffy (year-round) but I just recently started having all these other symptoms and they truly are very crippling.  I'm glad to find that I'm not alone and this page has been very helpful.  

My doctor told me that my symptoms are caused by allergies.  So, I've been taking allegra, alavert, and a nasal spray (flunisolide) every day.  I've also tried a few different prescription-strength anti-inflamitories to fight my aches, pains, and migranes (migraines).  They have provided me with marginal relief but I still wake up every morning feeling like I got hit by a truck and by the end of the day, my head tends to throb and I feel exhausted.  

At this point, my main concern is figuring out what is causing my allergies.  I live in Seattle and currently the TREE POLLEN is really bad here.  I tend to think that this is the main reason I'm in pain.  But my doctor also mentioned that there could be some other factors causing (or contributing to) my allergy symptoms.  I've considered eliminating wheat/dairy products from MY DIET but I doubt that these are the root of my problem because I'm eating the same as I always do.  I moved into a new apartment in March and I know that renters in other units have had problems with MOLD.  

So, my question is:
If I'm allergic to mold, and its somewhere in my home, would it affect me throughout the day ?

I'm skeptical that my symptoms are entirely caused by the possible presence of mold in my home because I continue to experience these issues even when I've been away from my apartment for 8-10 hours.  But at the same time, I used to feel sick when I went into certain basement rooms in my college fraternity where mold was pretty bad.  Whatever is causing this, I just hope to identify it so I can eliminate or reduce my exposure and attempt to live a normal life again.

Thanks so much and best of luck to all you allergy sufferers out there experiencing these awful flu-like symptoms.
Hi I've been living with the same symptoms since high school I'm 34 now. Frustrated for not finding either a doctor who'd believe that I'm not depressed but that the pain is actually REALl! or honestly anyone else who experiences it. I've tried it all: home remedies, antibiotics, allergy meds. getting rid of gluten you name it.
I'd really like to know if any of you does anyone suffer besides the sinus symptoms and fatigue from chronic ear pain/fullness, either swollen or very painful lymph nodes particularly behind the knees and elbows, and deep muscle cramp like pain that its is somewhat relieved by applying pressure (the relief is momentary as long as you are pressing on it) the pain usually happens on the same spots (for me is calves, thighs, lower spine and fingers wrists) with no swelling...
You have no idea how glad I am to find all of you! I thought I was going crazy! I have been feeling much of the same symptoms you all have since February of this year. I've always had allergies, but never anything like this. I'm constantly congested, even though I am taking prescription Singular and Zertec, I constantly feel as though I have mucus running down my throat, but my nose feels clear. My body aches, especially my lower back and between my shoulder blades. I run out of breath just walking from one room to the next and feel as though an elephant is sitting on my shoulders all the time. I wake up feeling as though I haven't gotten any rest at all. Walking an distance makes the muscles in my legs ache, especially my calves. And then I feel as though my heart is going to burst out of my chest it is beating so fast and I can't catch my breath. I have to sit down and rest for at least ten minutes before I can do anything else. It's so embarrassing!  6 months ago I could do anything, I was really active, I could keep up with my kids and the dogs and not worry if I was going to pass out. Now I worry just stepping outside to take the dogs to the bathroom that I'm going to over do it and not be able to make it back in the house.
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my quest to find out what is wrong with me. My doctor is sending me to a sleep study and to a cardiologist, but now, after seeing all of your posts I'm going to have to mention talking to an allergist as well. Thank you so much!  
Wow, I can completely relate to all of these symptoms.  I have had a sinus infection  (I believe that's what I have) for the last 6 months.  I have seen a number of Dr.s and I have taken 3 different types of antibiotics.  I was on the last one for 21 days....  The symptoms improved while I was on the antibiotics, but they are back with a vengeance.  I went back to the Dr. and asked to be referred to a Specialist.  We shall see what happens....  I did find that when I went to see my naturopath....and she gave me some natural meds, the symptons improved, but once I stopped taking the pellets, they came back....I am going to go back to her....because I really do not want to keep taking advil sinus...I do not think that it is too healthy for me....If I find anything else that helps, I will post it...please do the same.  Thanks :0).    
most people with sinus congestion, sinus headaches, discharge, cough, fatigue, malaise can be improved by using a nasal wash, three times per day with a hypertonic solution.
Recent study revealed 80% of those with sinus infections DO NOT NEED an antibiotic, just a good washing. I developed Nasopure for my patients, ages 2 and above......it feels refreshing soothing, cleansing and it is effective in removing the excessive mucus, swelling and debris.

So I had to go back to my Dr. last Monday, June 21st because my breathing got so bad I couldn't even walk from my car to the building to sign my kids into camp. I was having sharp pains in my back and chest and muscle weakness in my legs and I felt so very tired and dizzy. The Dr. sent me for a CAT scan and guess what they found!!!! Blood Clots in both of my lungs!!!!! Caused by birth control pills that I had just started taking a few months earlier to balance my hormones.  So, turns out I had probably had the blood clots since February but they just kept getting worse over time, mimicking asthma and allergies and silent re-flux until it nearly killed me! Darn good thing I kept going to the doctor and telling him there was something wrong with my lungs!!!!  
Now after 4 days in the hospital, another 4 days of rest at home and many rounds of blood thinners I am feeling almost normal again! Can't do any high impact aerobics (Not that I would want to, but still) or go on any roller coasters (that kind of disappoints me, I love roller coasters and I have a season pass to a local amusement park) for a while, but after 6th months I should be through with the blood thinners and not have to take them anymore. And I should be 100% back to normal, pretty good considering I could have died!
Hopefully this helps some of you out there. Blood clots are nothing to mess around with. It never even crossed my mind that that is what I was dealing with. And they can be brought on by medication, injury, anything. It's something to ask your Dr. about.
Good Luck!
I was born in 1984 and have been suffering from chronic sinuitis since changing climates. I was born in eastern wa desert now I live in overcast cool rainy westren wa.

Nasal rinses help, sudafed and benedryl. I refuse to take prescriptions while they can get rid of the infection it's rather pointless so I save antiboitics for when I really need them. why all the symptoms described is pratically a normal state of being. the only time I get pissed is when my neck muscels start to freeze and Im in server pain from it.

fibermo whats it? I actually have knots in my muscels so not that. I have 7 apointments with differnt specialist, this month to figure this out. I have a slight intolernce to chicken, potatoe and yeast. my syptoms (symptoms) worsen with mold, smoke, pollen & chems how ever I tested negative for them as allergies, how ever none of these irratents are good for people to be around so i think it just makes the infection worst.

Massage helps, really hurts. I love extrem temps in my food really hot or cold both are soothing. I am bi polar and being treated but all that proves is that I have a chem imbalence in my brain.

Candidis is eastren medicine which westren dose not recognize. the diet that was recomended was veggies and meat only and none of the sweet ones. It helped but its a general health diet ever one should be on. It's expensive plus going after less processed food and organic.If you eat mostly meat you start to smell feral.

I have an apt with a arthritis doc n 2 days for my arms and legs and joints swell if I repeat motions to often. multiple diagonis with tendonitis takes for ever to heal and only 3 months to mess my body up again some times less time.

After working in the medical feild and asking questions I am thinking that finally I will get some answers I am going to the poly clinic in seattle wa which has every kind of specialist and each doc can acess my files. so no hassel of requesting documents. it was nice to finally have a doc that believed me and thought the problem was server enough to be life altering and that their should be a solution. so I'm hoping that the allergy, arithritis, inner ear, sleep, derm, pysch along with my general doc can work out my problem togather.

while this may start out as a sinus infection it wears you down so alot of other symptoms build up and lots of minor probs.

Oh I almost forgot I have abnormally small sinus' they where growth stunted. So the rare times I am completly healthy and can actually smell are overwhelming to the point I end up in tears cuase I can't stand the external input.

I'm gonna try some of the post sugestions. I happen to love bengay/tiger oil not only helps with the muscel aches it helps me breath. also the acupunture is heaven when they light up the pins instead of gettign over heated like hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas which are hard to breath in the heat goes right to the muscels. I also love ice packs after I've been active and pressure feels good.
I hope that this will help you. My mother and father were tested for food intolerances because of severe skin conditions and wheat were one of the big no-no s for them!  I decided to cut on it as well and started with bread.  I had a big improvement on my sore itchy red eyes, runny nose, flaky sculp, congested sinuses, wheezing cough, joint pains, etc.  Pasta, biscuits,  rusks, cereals etc contain wheat as well. Cut 1@ a time (I did it slowly cause I had to find a replacement for each). It took a year to fully cut out wheat.  It is hidden in processed meat, sausage, sauces, yogurt, etc.  We now eat Rye flour products. ...continue
Something affected us again but not as severe.  I found that we changed our juice to one containing sulphate as preservative. I also found that vinegar made my eyes hurt and my joints as well ... sulphate. We are now avoiding all kinds of preservatives! If nothing is allowed to live in this long life food items, how are we supposed to do it! ;-)  At this stage we did not get ill anymore! …yes we only got a runny nose and a mild cough when accidently eating some of these things we wanted to avoid. Then the same happened when eating sweets containing colorants and artificial flavourings.  We are now avoid all sweets, cool drinks, even crisps. Some brands only add salt. That’s OK.  I’m very proud of my children for accomplishing that!  I did not make the choice for them they decided for themselves after they suffered a few times! The key is to just find a replacement that’s OK!   The body communicate with us through all these symptoms! …but it s like talking to 3 or 5 different people at the same time – confusing!  Get them one on one and the conversation will flow!  Please try to cut on these I guarantee improvement!  If anybody want some tips on replacing some food – I m willing to help! Take care!
I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and am going for surgery next week. I have had excessive fatigue to the point where I could sleep all day long. Two days ago I developed a severe sore throat with body aches. Went to doctors and was negative for strep. I also have muscle and joint pains throughout the night waking up frequently as well as in the morning. I'm really nervous that this may be something more than my sinusitis. Does anyone have any idea???

My name is Gil, and I moved to Australia 3 years ago. I always had some allergies and running nose back in Israel, but here it seems to stop, but now I understand it didn’t. I started to have similar symptoms as describe above, and I also assume it is allergies, but in a different form. My symptoms are as followed:

Instead of running nose and a little bit of weakness and tiredness I get

- Sinus Pain & Head ache
- Sore throat
- Sore urine glen, and different smell
- Fatigue & Muscle ache
- Acid Stomach
- Bloated tummy

I have GORD condition at my stomach, never bother me. Since I came to Australia, the presume allergies symptoms I get make my stomach more acidy, and there for create problem like ACID reflux. The doctor offcourse didn’t thought on Allergies and sent me to do much testing and eventually they check my stomach, as I complain it was bloated and now I take anti Acid pills. I think this is a treatment for the symptom and not for the problem that cause it. As well, Acid tummy comes with fatigue, muscle ache and sore glen, which there for I think it is Allergies in a form I am not used to.

Hope it rings a bell, I will try to take some allergies pills soon and see how it effect it.
As well, I am thinking going to naturopath.

Cheers
Gil
I am a 52-year-old female.  About 10 years ago I developed chronic sinus infections, migraines, asthma, fatigue, etc.  Went off all wheat and felt 90% better.  I test negative for wheat, but I've learned that you can develop a food sensitivity that heightens your allergic responses to everything else:  I test positive for molds and dust mites.  

About 3 years ago the sinus pressure and fatigue returned.  Went off dairy as well, which seemed to help.  I've not been as rigid with my diet the past year and the symptoms are back.  I guess I'll have to be more strict with the gluten and dairy.  

I will also pay attention to other food sensitivities mentioned in the forum; i.e., corn, canola oil, etc.  I've tried a neti pot before and will try again.  I'll also explore the candida/yeast infection possibility.  Thanks for everyone's input.
In regards to the comments made by the head doctor way up above, yes, you were right on point with your diagnosis. My stuffy nose was DEPRESSION! Good observation!
It is not food that is bothering you. Its mold. Do a mold test in your house. I was the same way and found out the only allergy I have is mold. Had a mold test done and there was a mold in the house that I was allergic to. Took care of it and now I'm fine. Please eveyone on here get a mold test done. The mold in the house was not high but with my allergy it made me sick. My husband was just fine.
I work in a mold infested building and I am suffering from one respiritory ailment after another. My body aches constantly.

Help
Just wanted to let anyone who has these symptoms know... have been feeling really bad. tired all of the time, flu like symptoms with no fever, lower back pain almost intestinal in nature. Went to doctors and no answer; took more vitamins still not feeling good.  Then I had a doctor that did a CT scan. NOTHING! But..... constipation! Went to GNC got a good colon cleanser and feel fine! Although regular... not to be gross.. still wasn't clearing the toxic waste that should have been out of my system.  Try it and hopefully you will see the same results! GOOD LUCK
I've had the same discomforts for years.  I have yet to pinpoint what triggers them.  Doing an elimination diet will help.  Maybe best to consult dietician and/or physician first. It takes a lot of discipline but it might help you determine if any foods are the culprit.  

I have had chronic sinus pain for years made much worse in freezing temperatures.  Yeast seems to impact me as well as preservatives and any packaged foods.

It's all "trial and error" and scientific analysis.  Cold weather in particular makes mine worse.  I thought I had histamine intolerance but am starting to steer away from that.  It is possible that many of the symptoms that people here are describing is fibromyalgia,  I hope I don't have it, and I hope none of you do either, but it may be worth mentioning to your physician if you display some of the symptoms.  It is more common in women than men but it does affect both sexes.
Hello everyone,

Hopefully those of you who have posted more than a few months ago have found the cause of your symptoms.  For the past year I have also been suffering and because of never being sick I was slow to see a doctor or try to get help.  I am very healthy and fit 36 yr old.  About a year or so ago I started feeling a strange sensation of discomfort in my nose and nasal passages.  It was as if it was inflamed and I would feel pressure at the bridge of my nose.  My nose was not stuffed up and what very little mucus i might have was always clear.  The nose discomfort was manageable but what really started affecting my life was the debilitating fatigue!  My energy was low and sometimes it was to the point where it was difficult to get out of bed.  I could feel my body succumb to this weakness as it washed over me.  Other side symptoms were loss of appetite, irritability, and anxiety.  
I finally made an appointment to see a doctor.  He said I probably had sinitus and prescribed a nasal spray (fluctisone proprianate). I used it for 2 or 3 weeks and it seemed to aleviate the symptoms but afterwards it all returned.  I would also seem to get better from time to time and I thought I was over whatever I had and then it would return.  Out of desperation I went to a walk in clinic durring my lunch break and saw a doctor.  The MD recommended of the shelf remedies and sent me on my way with a saline nasal mister, advil, and mucinex D.  I was somewhat dissapointed but figured the doctor new what was best.  Any way I had minor relief probably because the advil masked the problem.  Weeks and Months passed struggling to cope, Then I decided to see an Otolaryngology Doctor (Nose, Ear and throat specialist).  He said I had a nasal infection and prescribed 2 weeks of antibotics (Cefdinir).  The antibiotics didn't help at all and I was still miserable.  I started using a Saline Wash Bottle and would flush out my nasal passages every evening before bed.  That seemed to bring some relief from the nasal discomfort but I was still dealing with the weakness and fatigue.  I returned to the Nose Doctor and he had a C-T Scan done, my results were clear.  
After all this I started researching and educating myself about this problem on line...Thats when I found this Forum! I was so glad not to be alone.  Everybody's post started to make me think about the things I eat, ingest and breath...Sitting there at the computer late on evening i cracked open a beer...Thats when it hit me! **ALUMINUM**.  When I was young I recall that my Father never bought canned beer.  He explained that he was extremely sensitive to Aluminum and it would cause him to feel weak and fatigued.  Growing up we never used Aluminum cookware or utensils.  I realized that I had started purchasing canned beer a little over a year ago (to save room in the fridge).  I also recieved a coffee perculator as a gift and it has aluminum parts (Like most people i drink coffee every morning).  I felt I was onto something because my diet has always been healthy and I had not been eating anything new or different.  I immediatly stopped drinking canned beer and using the perculator.  I am not completely out of the woods but within 2 to 3 days the pain and discomfort in my nose is almost non existant and my energy is steadily returning day by day.  I truly hope I have found the cause and I hope this post helps someone out there.  Aluminum is in many everyday products such as deoderant and toothpaste, not to mention cookware.

My best to all
Eric
I have also had all of the above symptons with severe allergies for about 11 years.  Does anyone know of any treatment besides the regular ones?  Nasal spray - Claritin - and weekly shots.
I have learned so much from this forum, thanks to everyone for sharing. I have a history of "sinus infections" (I put it in quotes because now I'm not so sure) and a couple weeks ago I got a sore throat and was very achy (no fever) and tired - I would wake up, get my daughter off to school, then go back to sleep for four hours. The doctor said no strep throat, no ear infection, no fever, it must be a virus, but because of my background she gave me Amoxicillin. My sore throat went away but not my other symptoms.

A few days ago, after reading this forum, I decided to take out the neti-pot I purchased months ago and finally gave it a try. My body aches improved but my head and neck hurt worse than ever. I increased to 2-3 times a day, and my face and neck pain and headaches are dramatically better. I am still using occasional Advil and Musinex, but I have more energy (most of the time) and the achiness is not as severe or as often.

I've been thinking alot about the cause. Allergy? TMJ? After reading about both, I am pretty sure that people have different triggers, and most of us probably have multiple triggers. The house I am renting is older so could have some mold, and I've noticed some dusty areas I need to clean. I’ll have to think about possible food allergies, I’ve never had any. I've also noticed my jaw has been cracking and locking a lot lately, so TMJ could be making me more susceptible?

I found an article (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/health/03brod.html) that talks about how they’ve changed the suspected cause of TMJ to “multiplefactorial”, rather than strictly dental malocclusion.  TMJ symptoms can include ear ache, headache, neck pain, and a clicking, popping, and/or locking jaw.

I find it interesting that so many people are suffering from the same symptoms – sinus pain, achiness but no fever, severe fatigue, etc. - and that doctors don’t acknowledge anything unless it becomes an official “syndrome” or disease. I hope doctors are researching this so we can finally have our symptoms treated seriously.

Hi guys, you might also like to consider other allergies apart from food and the usual suspects. If I sleep on a latex pillow I wake with sinus problems, a crushing headache, exhausted etc. Avoiding latex, regular vacuuming of the bedroom (once a week without fail), and taking acidopholous have all helped me enormously, as has watching the effect of various foods (sugar and diary being two of the worst for me). Acidopholous particularly helped me with mushy ears, nausea and exhaustion. (so the acidopholous is treating a yeast problem). Antibiotics will aggravate yeast infections as they kill off the healthy bacteria too. Also watch out for artificial flavourings and colourings. I only came to recognise my own allergies after my sons developed severe excema and we had to look at food elimination when traditional treatment methods didn't work. I live well now, by observing all of the above, Interestingly, I came on the forum tonight to see if my aching joints (something I haven't had for awhile) could be allergy related and am interested in the mold comments as just today I was cleaning up some glaze pots that had gone moldy in my shed. My advice is to stop taking meds to suppress allergy symptoms and start tuning in to what your body is telling you. Elimination diets are a good idea, and just being observant over time, and do your own experiments to see what works for you. Good luck!
As someone pointed very well in this forum the cause for this is mold (or other allergy trigers)  but mold is for sure the most toxic for organism.  Is affecting our muscles and is very debilitating.
Its acting like an infection but all its starts in our sinuses. You must have a clean almost empty room, ionizated air, and sinus flush with antifungal when felling worst. Belive me, as I am suffering for a long time with this simptoms. Strange that doctors dont't recognize this .   You can search on google info regarding this with folowing terms :  mold dr. dennis ;  regarding his research about this.

I hope to hear good news from others.
Everyone, I gotta say that you all have really helped me alot with your on discriptions of your physical issues. I must admit, I've been pretty frightened by these. I've been tired, sore and pretty much not wanting to eat much at all for the last 5 weeks. I'm 42 and have never had any serious illnesses so as you can imagine this is pretty scary for me. It started off as what seemed to be allergy related. The truth is, it very well still could be but I can tell you all this, its scary. I have started feeling better this last week, but not 100%.. No weight lost or vomitting. Soreness has subsided. My prayers are especially with those of you who are in great pain.
i am 18 yr old male, my problem starts with a severe neck pain and headache and then i got mild fever in the morning and evening.also i am feeling very weak and sick i have this problem for last two weeks but for last two days i m feeling fullness in my right ear .......i am getting very tensed and also bad thoughts are coming in my mind i have visited my doc two times but not getting any relief ........................if somebody can told me what could be the possible cause of this problem
Hello.  In March and April 2011  I suffered severely from chest wheezing, coughing, fever pain in every area of my body especially lower back.  I missed 2 weeks of work from this.  I have seen all sorts of doctors, even a Rheumatologist.  I was on antibotics for 3 months straight.  My dr. told me I just had an infection in my lungs.  I had knots form on my shins and that is what my dr. sent me to the rheumatologist for.  Nothing came from any of my dr. visits.  I was beginning to think it was in my head.  I can't really pin point the time the severe pain started but I do know I can track it back to December 2010.  I was taking a medicine for what I thought I had was fibromyalgia, it cause my heart to go into panic and I was hospitalized for a high heart rate and extremely high blood pressure, (which I do not have blood pressure problems).  I was so sick with all of the symptoms described in this forum.  I talked to my safety manager at work to see if it was mold but before I could get a team in to check things out this past May all of my sickness and back pain and allergy drainage, coughing, fever, wierd sounds in my ears like an ocean went away.  I was fine until the last week of August and I felt the symptoms coming on again.  The mild back ache and nose running.  Then I heard it in my ears like water.  It slowly has been coming back.  I have watched my food intake because I thought I was allergic to shrimp, but I don't think that's the case.  My sinuses are draining in my throat and ears and I am sneezing so bad.  I take an allergy medicine daily, Zyrtec D and it seems the symptoms are gradually growing worse.  If any one has any recommendations for me please let me know.  I am going crazy with all of this sickness and fatigue.  I love to ride my bicycle but I am feeling that will be in danger because of this allergy or whatever this is creeping back up on me.  HELP>
I suppose I am happy that I am not alone in this odd ailment, but I only wish that in the past few years there had been some diagnosis and help for all of you.  

As are all of you, I am suffering from sinus pressure (with no discharge), daily headaches, dizziness, joint pain, loss of appetite, occasional stomach discomfort, light sensitivity (but not to the degree one with a migraine would experience), and extreme fatigue.  I am 40, and am in otherwise good shape.  I don't smoke;  I don't drink - I'm boring.  This has been going on for months.

I cannot simply point to an onset of food allergies, simply because my wife is also going though the same issues and the appearance of our symptoms coincides.  If this is not viral or bacterial, then I am guessing it is environmental, and possibly related to mold, though I have no evidence yet to back this up.

This current cycle began a few weeks back.  My middle child had swollen glands in his throat, and we brought him to the doctor.  The rest of the family felt fine.  He was tested for strep using a rapid culture and the result on the exam's view window was a faint line, which they figured meant he tested positive, and he was prescribed antibiotics.  In the mean time, they sent his culture to the lab for a full work-up because the line was not as conclusive as they normally see.  A few days later, my oldest child complained of a sore throat, he tested positive on the rapid culture, and the entire family was put on antibiotics as a preventive measure.  That afternoon, the middle son's results came back from the lab - he did NOT have strep (despite the fact that the rapid test is considered 98% accurate).  The oldest child never showed signs of having strep;  normally, the throat condition would have produced many more difficulties.

Two days after beginning the antibiotics, the family showed signs of Herxheimer reactions.  My oldest and I spiked fevers over 104 degrees, and my wife went over 103.  Once that passed, however, it was the best I'd felt in years.  Once the antibiotics were done, I felt the loss of energy again, and the joint pains came back with a vengeance.

We ended up bringing my wife to the ER, where she was given a CT scan, full blood work, a spinal tap, and pain killers.  She had been unable to rise from bed for two days before we went to the hospital.  All the tests were negative.  After a process of elimination, she was told she had viral meningitis.

I worried that it might be Lyme meningitis (the two are very similar), and we were both tested for Lyme disease (our middle child, aged 3, tested positive earlier this year).  Our tests came negative.

The oldest and youngest child seem to be fine now.  The middle seems weaker and constantly irritable (okay, he is 3, so that's inconclusive).  My wife and I are constantly tired, and have headaches.  In addition to the symptoms I mentioned earlier, my wife is also suffering a weird taste in her mouth, has itchy skin, and, oddly, nightmares.  She has been to the ER twice now with this, and has been dealing with these symptoms since March.

Since the doctors saw nothing in our test results, we have been told we are "fine."  Obviously we are not.

My best to you all.  If we find a solution, I'll let you know.  In the meantime, I'll be watching your posts to see if you find relief.

I have had most of the symptoms described above. Constant low-grade fever.  Loss of appetite. Aching head, ears, neck, arms, back, hips, legs.  Waking up now, this morning, yes, the symptoms are worse.  We have a mildew problem in our living room. I never took that into consideration.  I have always had severe hay fever in August and September.  Although the itchy and swollen eyes and itchy ears and throat and the extreme congestion I used to experience with seasonal allergies seem to have subsided with age, I have been wondering if my allergies were causing these other things.  Sounds like they are and it sounds like I need to take seriously again the fact that dust and mold in my environment will affect my health in more ways than simply being inconvenienced with an occasional sneeze or a little bit of a runny nose.
I am a registered nurse and I hate going to the doctor so I will try everything I can before doing so.  However, recently I went shallow water diving and got disgusting sludge up my nose that caused a severe and I do mean severe sinus infection. Morphine that I had laying around wouldn't even touch the body aches, migraines, and the worst fatigue you could imagine.  I took to the bed for days and was so ill  I had blood clots and pus coming out of my nose.  I had to be practically carried into the doctor and when I questioned him as to how a sinus infection could cause my symptoms he said and did the following. Shot of depo-medrol, afrin 2 times a day for ONLY 3 days, Saline mist every 3 hours.  He explained that if he could show me how deep the sinuses reach I would be amazed and it is not at all uncommon to feel like death warmed over.  He also prescribed Amoxicillin which has Clavulanate Potassium and this was important for a sinus infection not to be confused with sinusitus which is just an inflammation of the sinuses not an infection.  After 5 days of severe pain all over, even in my teeth, I followed his instructions to the T and in less than 12 hours I feel like a new person.  No more symptoms at all except some weakness from the infection on my body and laying in bed for days.  Yesterday I was carried into the doctor and today I am up and about.  Good Luck Dan I hope this helps.  P.S.  I never take antibiotics but in this case I made an exception.  
A book that literally saved my life. After a complete spinal fusion, and 6 weeks of anti-biotics, "JUST IN CASE", my health was declining. Constant yeast infections, not able to think clearly or concentrate, major joint pains and muscle aches,ear aches,groin pain...from head to toe. Doc said-nothing wrong. I went to the library and studied every possible connection to my symptoms. One book resonated with me so clearly. "The Yeast Connection" by William Crook, and a few other who point to yeast/mold/environmental molds. I never really liked sweet things but LOVED bread(any kind) and beer, which I later found turns to sugar in your body, as do most grains and carbs,therefore, feeding the yeast. After awhile they grow long leg-like strings that cling to your intestines and are very difficult to get rid of, especially if they have caused leaky gut syndrome. SOOO-I MADE my Dr. sent me to an allergist, even though he told me I was wrong, and sure enough, about 10 things came up positive. Itook immunology injections 3x's a week for 5 years, and cut out all fermented,pickled,items, as well as mushrooms, any sugar, alcohol,bread-long list. The injections actually are made specifically for you, and are what you are allergic to, so the immune system kicks in and de-sensitises  you to all you have sensitivities to. Haven't taken an anti-biotic since '94, and never will again, unless it is something life threatening. Get this book at the library, or used on amazon-you won't believe how many things are in it that you can do yourself-get the most updated version-lots of new remedies. MUST read!
My alliergies are so bad that my eyes puff up like pink eye.  My right eye is swollen right now.  Benadryl and Clariton are not working.  Clariton is my prescribed med-the Benadryl is my own decision.  It's really annoying.  Blurry vision, headaches, I'm going back to bed until later when I'm seeing my doctor.  I hope my eye is still swollen so he can see what allergies are doing to me. I'm very near-sighted and don't need the extra stress on my eyes.  I, too, am astounded to see more people having difficulty with allergies for lengthy periods of time. I hope you all find your cures too.
I has the same problems/symptoms and was treated with antibiotics for months.  A CT scan and sinus scope diagnosed it as a fungal infection in my sinuses. This is why the antibiotics had not helped. Ask your dr to check for a fungal infection, it is much more common than we think.  Hope this helps.
I have the same symptoms - body ache, sinus pressure, fatigue, and the strange stomach pain and lower back pain.  I had sinus surgery a few years ago and take flonase, and sinus meds everyday to keep from getting sinus infections (that I seem to keep).  But the fatigue, and pain in my joints , abdomin (abdomen), and back are very annoying.  I am so sore I can hardly walk, sleep, or stand.

Please let me know if you find out what it is.  I had bronchitis a couple of weeks ago  - which I think turned into pneumonia.  I felt so bad I didn't go back to the Dr.  Hope you feel better!
A couple of months ago I started to feel sick with a headache in the night,about 5 minutes after my whole body was aching,particularly my knees,I couldnt put any weight on them,a blotchy red rash appeared all over my body and i was really shivery all night,I began to feel fine again the next day,but about 4 weeks after the exact same thing happened again,it seems to start with feeling sick and a bad aching in my ribcage and upper back,
has anyone else experienced this? x
This could very well describe what I'm going through.  Just had a CT scan of my sinuses.   Trying natural remedies from a health food shop.  I do hope we both find a return to normal ASAP.   Thanks for sharing.
Yeast is present every where, including your own body.   When there is an inbalance of your system, the yeast can get out of control.  My symptoms started with a cold at the same time one of my dogs' skin yeast infection got worse.   I do believe that my symptoms are related to the dogs' problem as I had been bathing them with Selsun Blue shampoo every other day.   My husband's cold was sured with his visit to the doctor, but mine was not.   A CT scan of my sinuses was done last evening.  I'm trying colloidal silver and Umcka ColdCare from health food shop as all those Rx drugs have only made things worse.  Would love to have an instant cure, as would every one, I'm sure.  Hope we all find relief very quickly.
At the age of 47 all of a sudden I stared to get the 'flu' every 3-10 days. Body aches, going through a box of tissues and  severe fatigue.Over a year, I went to a GP, ENT, Allergist and an Immunologist. I had scans and was put on a ton of antibiotics and it was also suggested that I use a netti pot. All for nothing. I finally went to a DO who suggested that I take probiotics, eliminate gluten and sugar. I did all 3 of those things and for about 8 weeks I was not cured but the 'episodes' were less frequent and I did have more energy. He told me that I had to get the toxins out of my body, to give it a little more time he also suggested doing 'oil pulling,' where you swish sesame oil in your mouth first thing in the morning for about 15 min. I was cured!!!!  I went on holiday and drank beer (i know, full of gluten but I wasn't convinced that i had a gluten problem) for 3 days, my lymph nodes started to hurt and I knew I was going to have an 'episode'. Sure enough had a whopper of one! I started to do a bit more research on Gluten free and found that it is in nearly everything. Sushi has it in the imitation crab mean, soy sauce, wasabi paste. It is in malt, barley, soup sauces...anything with modified food starch should also be avoided as it could come from grain. I do not have Celiac disease but a sensitivity to gluten (I did not test positive for it at the allergist). I hope this helps somone! Good luck.
Hi this is my first post n im feeling yuk. For 3 wks now feel like cold flu symptoms without the aches. I am also suffering from ringing in my ears. I was put on antibiotics for chest infection n when finished them felt better for two day then I came down feeling ill again. Im so congested with yellow green mucas occasionally sometimes clear. Im very tired with ringing in ears n generally feel yuk. I was told I have viral infection but was put on more antibiotics for possible sinus infection. Has anyone else felt the same.
Please don't tell people who are looking for answers about their non-specific health problems that they are just looking to find "external" cures by blaming it on their bodies, and definitely don't tell them that so often the problem is really psychological. That's a load of bologna.  These people are on this thread because they are taking control/responsibility of their own health issues and are doing the research that needs to be done. Anxiety and depression are just as often a symptom of physical health problems.
So many times people think that doctors know so much more than they do, but in reality each person knows his/her own body much more than a stranger would.  
I am vividly aware that diagnosis is not an easy thing for physicians.  When my daughter was 17 months old, she was seriously ill and her head was actually physically deformed and when I asked the doctor if she had mastoiditis, I was dismissed as an over-reactive mother and one ridiculous theory was that it was "cradle cap".  A couple days later my daughter's head was so swollen I took her to the ER where she was admitted and needed to have an EMERGENCY MASTOIDECTOMY because she had MASTOIDITIS. She could have died... It just goes to show that people should not be "dismissed" as being over-reactive.  Each person knows their own bodies..and even their children's bodies better than some stranger;  ...doctors and "naysayers" should start listening with an open mind.  Everyone is different.  Maybe it is psychological for one person, but that doesn't mean it is for ALL the people that are posting in this forum.  Just my opinion, but it seems there are a LOT of them...and I believe every single one!  
I agree: this viral thing going round is difficult. Symptoms go away and can come right back. I had ringing in ears, non-stop sinus drainage down the throat. Tried everything except colloidal silver: Umcka, Sambucol, wild oregano oil, quercetin, raw honey in tea, breathing steam from boiling water, medicinal mushrooms, and more. The sublingual drops of wild oregano oil with quercetin pills then alternating with Sambucus (elderberry formula developed by a virologist), had most effect in squashing symptoms, and the steam was helpful. After several weeks, my ears are cleared, and most remaining drainage issues are first thing in the morning. Still having random body aches.
Hope this helps!
after alot of research, I see alot of similarities in symtpoms. for about 6 months now, I have had the following symptoms that have NEVER effected me before:
  EXTREME fatigue- I get a normal night  sleep, no difficulty falling alseep or staying asleep but i wake up feeling as if I enduldged in excessive drinking the night prior and only got 2 hrs of sleep. During the day I am extremely fatigued and don't want to do anything, difficulty concentrating etc.
Sever sinus pressure/headaches- wake up with very stuffy nasal passages, very bad headache that extends from areas on the top of the head,  between the eyes, tops of the cheeks and even roof of the mouth.The headaches are worse in the morning but even with OTC meds, the headaches will last all day long.    :(

Dizzyness- when I wake up with the "hungover" feeling, it's very difficult to function in the morning as I am very off balance, couldy vision etc.

Burning eyes- my  eyes will randomly burn or feel very dry and "sticky" like. That is the best way to describe it. when I blink, it feels like my eye lids aren't as slippery over my eyes as normal.

I can blow my nose but not much comes out other than a little ammount of clear mucus and a small ammount of blood usually from the left nostril which can just be from irritation of constantly blowing or blowing too hard. The blood is not liquid form but more of a clotty/chunky form.

I am active duty Navy and it's really hard to get the correct treatment or the right Dr to take your condition seriously but it's really effecting my daily life and getting really hard to do normal routines.

In the past, I have tried Claratin, Flonaise, Netti pot, Mucinex .
I plan to go see my Main Dr and ask him to refer me to an ear nose and throat Dr. Hopefully something can be done to even slightly improve my condition. I am a chef so I have tried the diets with no success don't I do not think it's any food allergies. I live in Southern California, been here for over 3 years and it's just odd how I just recently started these symptoms about 6 months ago. They didn't even come on slowly, I just woke up one morning feeling like DEATH and it's never left!  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to post my resutls if anything positive comes out so that it can possibly help others.
How do you get a mold test done for your house. I've been feeling rotten for 8 months, lightheaded all the time, tired. Our house is old and I live in Oregon, so am wondering if mold could be the problem. Thanks.
Hi there.. I too have suffered from chronic allergies for years. My nose is ALWAYS stuffed up and I constantly have sinus pressure. Like you I have tried EVERY OTC medicine you can think of. Have been using a steroid spray for the last 2 yrs that helps a little bit, plus I clean my nose out twice a day with Ocean Saline Spray( I like it the best because it has more pressure than anyother saline spray I have used). My allergies have been really bad the last month and have been getting desperate. Ordered some nose spray called Sinusoothe two weeks ago and it just came in last night. Have been using it since last night and it is actually working. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. It burns a little and has a weird drip BUT if it actually works I can handle anything over not being able to breath. Google Sinusoothe and you can read about it.
italia289  your symptoms sound familiar.   Mostly I had extreme pressure not pain all around the front, top and back of the skull with occasional migraines that would follow with a nosebleed. Ear pressure was high in the ears and also had brain fog.   Fatigue that felt similar to a hangover all day long. when sitting down in certain chairs or change in body position would bring on strange dizzy or vertigo like feeling?  felt like death...so if you think this is going to kill you..I totally understand.  My doctor never found the cause. Doctor ordered an MRI  and no tumor was found (thank god) but did notice some "activity" with the Sphenoid sinuses (located behind eye and in front of brain) but nothing alarming. So they gave "Veramyst". It took months of using Veramyst before I began to feel better just to go into work.

Please get a MRI and a CT scan to check for brain tumors and sinus issues.   and you must rest b/c stress will make it worse. they also gave me a muscle relaxer to help b/c was stressed of all the worrying.  
I also have EHS Electromagnetic hypersensitivity which after years of research I'm now looking at EHS and sinus and other health related issues.  
if your doctors can't find anything wrong then try staying away from all types of electronics and power plants.
Be aware this may never go away... sinus issues and allergies will bring back some of these symptoms again.

I found your post today b/c I have spent way too much time on the computers this week at work plus home (and it's spring).   I knew this was coming b/c i had body aches yesterday...and today the light head pressure and sinus inflammation hit.(also when driving by the power lines on the way to work yesterday the pressure in my head increased)

doctors still have no idea what this attack was.
I really hope and pray that you will get the help that you need!  
I ache alot today. I had an ear of corn yesterday. I thought one ear of corn would be okay..it has been probably a year since I have had corn like that...but today I am paying.
I am sure it has something to do with 80% of corn is genetically engineered to have pesticides in it.That cannot be good for our bodies. I donated to the cause to have GMO food labeled. I hope everyone else does too. The GMO 's in our food are not allowed anywhere else in the world except in the US of A. We are the guinea pigs and we are suffering.
Stop eating wheat/flour and corn for 2-6 weeks and see if that helps. It sounds hard but with some thought and good choices you can do it.
I am so glad have found this. I have the exact same issues. Sinus pressure with clear drainage with shoulder and muscle pain like I have been doing sit ups or something.  Glad to hear I'm not crazy
Wow, thanks for this helpful information. I too am suffering from all of the symptoms listed on this site. I'm not working right now so I've been doing intinsive reading/research for the last month. I've found a lot of relief and I believe I'm on the right track but I still have episodes where I have trouble. The mold in the are is one area that I've not looked into. I have found that changing over to an organic diet/high quality suppliments/enzymes/probiotics combined with allegra/nasonex/NeilMed has done wonders for me. Also, exercise! Right now I'm still looking into diet & yeast overgrowth. I already know i'm allergic to mold so I'm sure that is contributing as well! thanks for the insight!
Have you checked for a UTI?
I have found this is not sufficient. If you really want to give diet a serious try as the source of your problems, you need to stop eating many more things for a little while (probably not good long term). No grains, beans, nuts, sugars, fruits or processed anything. If you really want to eliminate all the toxic crap you're eating you'll have to try eating nothing but (1) simple whole organic veggies (raw or cooked, but ideally from a local farmer's market or your own garden) and (2) organic meats (preferably wild caught fish and game). Drinking should be limited to absolutely nothing but water. Do this for one month and see what happens. This means absolutely no meal where you cannot identify all the ingredients visually from several feet away. Ideally nothing ground, stored, shipped or processed in any way unless you did it yourself. It sounds like a lot of work and you will definitely feel some hunger and lose a bit of weight, but it's most likely to identify the problem. And what's more work, really eliminating all the crap for a month or trying this and that as the months and years slip away from you?
Also, starchy veggies like potatoes and sweet potatoes have to go as well.
I know my flu like symptoms are due to allergies because they are seasonal.  I just visited a new allergy doctor and he said flu like symptoms are not a symptom of allergies.  He said I most likely have an autoimmune disorder. I said, "seasonally"? I feel for all of you who suffer all the time.  It would be hard to pinpoint it to allergies. I currently take zyrtec D, flonase and astelin.I also do nasal rinses each morning and night.  These help, but not completely.  I have been suffering with this for the last 22 years.  The symptoms start in late summer and are gone by the end of January. I can be completely miserable and spend a lot of time in bed.  I am sorry to hear people suffer year around.  It can be terrible.
not sure if this will help but, here is what I've figured out over 20 years of sinus problems.  A bit of explaining but reading some of your posts it sounds like the confusion is whether it is caused from allergies, though it is not really.  I've been the allergy route too and nothing was found.  

What it is, is something whether a temporary allergen or just dust or as in my case two weeks ago, dust from a load of rocks we put along our house, but anything that gets up into the sinus passage, sits there, creates a bit of a reaction in the sinuses (called irritants)  It can even be paint fumes, perfumes, etc that are irritating the sinuses, but are not actually allergies.  Then what happens is the sinuses become swollen in reaction to whatever it was that irritated them.  Then they block up a bit, because they are swollen (this is when you feel the pressure in the sinuses) From there, if you do not get the irritant flushed out copiously within two to three days, the sinuses remain blocked and back up the normal drainage and because it's all sitting in the sinus cavity, the infection begins to ensure.  

Then from there, you need to get onto antibiotics.  I've tried many antibiotics and they seemed to never work.  Now, I go in, ask for SUPRAX as it will literally kill out an infection in 48 hours, then you just finish the 7 day course of one pill per day, but it works like nothing else.  Regular antibiotics don't get rid of sinus infections.  You can take regular antibiotics and still be sick if they are not the right type of antibiotic.

My symptoms are very weird, I not only get sinus pressure, but I get dizziness, pain in the eyes, light sensitivity, mild to bad headache that won't go away, sometimes jaw pain or teeth pain, temporal pressure, then I get neck pain, upper shoulder muscle ache, general fatigue and overall body pain and just feel wiped right out.  I also get verrrry short of breath with sudden exertion with a sinus infection and never do otherwise.  So it really does affect your whole system  and shouldn't be left alone, it basically makes your whole body toxic.  Took me a long time to figure all that out.  

Preventatively, use saline spray to your sinuses every day.  Just spray them a few times to clear "irritants" out.  Irritants, and not "allergies" can get into the sinuses and boom, cause a sinus blockage, that leads to infection.  So it doesn't mean you are allergic to anything, but springtime molds from dead leaves will cause my sinuses to block. so I use sprays in the spring time. If I'm around a lot of dust of any kind indoors or outdoors, ie vacuuming or walking outside in the woods, I use sprays.  Usually now i can keep a sinus infection to once or twice every couple of years, whereas before it was about every 3 months.  So  I hope that helps.  Sinus infections will make you feel completely unwell, even nauseated and if bad enough, severe migraine.  Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day also to keep your nasal mucosa really moist.  The more moist it is, the less chance irritants can settle in there.
Hope that helps!  Again, ask for Suprax if you feel you have an infection, it kills upper respiratory infections dead within 24 hours you start to feel way better but be sure to finish your 7 day course.  It's the only stuff I've found works and I've been doing this since 1987 :( trying to figure out what works best.
again, my best advice is to avoid irritants or if you know you've been near them, get your nasal passages rinsed out asap, keep saline spray on you if possible.  Some irritants that really affect me are fumes from vehicles I might be parked behind on the road in traffic, paint fumes, springtime molds from dead leaves etc, dust from roads, household dust ie when vacuuming, pollen when it's super thick in the spring and early summer.  Heat has even caused sinus infections as when you are in the heat a lot, it dries out the nasal mucosa and the sinuses become extremely dry.  The mucosa, that slimy clear stuff in your passages, acts as a barrier from irritants, so if it's dry the irritants stick in the sinuses and nasal passages.  I find walking past someone wearing heavy perfume will just kill my sinuses and I can feel them swelling within minutes.  It's hard to always keep your nose sprayed out, but it helps.  Avoid the decongestant type of nasal sprays as they can make symptoms actualy worse as they dry out the sinues.  Just saline and if you don't have that, just squirt plain, clean water up there.  Drink LOTS of water daily, not juice, coffee, tea or other liquids, but water is waht will keep the sinuses and nasal passages healthy and moist.  They have to be moist.  But if you've been in contact with an irritant, spray the sinuses out as soon as you can.  I find i have about two days to treat an irritant, before it goes into a full blown infection from the sinuses being blocked too long.  
I have traveled the country and the world and never had allergy symptoms until i got to western washington, then i started to get this chronic cough that started in sep or oct and lasted until the weather warmed up. I was diagnosed with upper respitory infection, bronchitis, they even tried to give me an inhaler for asthma...the only thing that worked was antibiotics after the infection set in. I transfer to Cali..no allergies...go back to washington same issues.....i got out of the navy and took a job in cali..no issues....took a different job in central washington....a dry desert climate and now i get hit with about every symptom from april to october....its horrible....hard to build a career when you miss 6 - 10 days a year due to sickness.
I got sick with a sinus and ear infection last summer and took three bouts of antibiotics and about 7 months to feel better symptoms included body aches back and neck pain sinus pain and headaches naseu vertigo and constant fatigue. And now about a year later starting to feel the same symptoms again I'm going to the doc Friday but I'm not very optimistic, they never gave me a definitive answer to what was wrong also got tested for valley fever and it came back neg. Also I have a bad really bad taste in my mouth and throat like poop. I'm scared please someone help me.

If I can make a suggestion Jonny. I suffered from many symptoms listed on here as well as IBS, for 20 years in fact.  I went to so many doctors and none of them could help.  I read on the web that these symptoms could be associated with food intolerance so I started a detection diet.  I first started cutting out all products containing lactose.  Basically you have to do this for 2 weeks, noting the difference in your health and any symptoms, after 2 weeks you eat something containing the food you have cut out and see how you react to it. I wasnt actually intolerant to lactose, it was gluten.  You cannot cut out all food types in one go, you have to break them down into the main food intolerance groups, lactose, wheat, gluten, fructose and yeast. After 4 days of cutting out gluten I knew the little bugger was the culprit as I felt so much better and after 2 weeks I ate a meal containing gluten and it hit me like a brick wall. I swore from that day I would never eat gluten again and I havent.  My life has changed completely because of finding this out.  A good website to start with is foodintol.com, they have a very good symptoms matrix you fill out to see which foods coulld be the problem. If you want to seek preffessional help them find a dietician that specialises in food intolerance. Its worth a try for all of you.  I feel for you all.  Good Luck
In the fall, I go through a bout of aches, chills, fatigue, etc.  Usually lasts a week or more, then goes away.  Ragweed pollen is at its worst here, and I have finally realized that allergic reaction is causing my symptoms.  Just took loratadine and hope it will help.  Recently had some brain fog that made me wonder if I had dementia!!  Reading these posts has given me new information.  No wonder I have been feeling so yucky the past week.
hi everyone,pleasse me to get out of frustation due to this bloody sinusitis.
i'm 29 had bad allergies ever since i was a kid went to an allergy specialist they tested me i was allergic to everything they tested me on. shots included.
they had me drink soy milk i think for a week stop drinking it because it made me sick. i'm still suffering today as well just worse. fall and spring the worse time i always feel sick. than feel better.
Symptoms I read here all sound very familiar. Stomach (and general abdominal) pain. Sinus issues. Joint pain. Non-localized headache. And so on. This has been beating me down for months now. It's physically and mentally exhausting. Thus far, the treatments have not helped. The physical examinations and the blood work show nothing. I ought to be "well", I suppose. Yet I feel like ****. I have always exercised and tried to keep in shape. Now fifty-two. Feeling eighty-two, and on my last legs. What does a person do when the medical community tells you they can find nothing, and yet you feel, all day every day, like death warmed up? Sure, I have suffered from depression. But this isn't all in the mind, I know that for sure. I am feeling pretty hopeless about now. Suggestions?
I had a flu shot about 10 days ago and I have suffered with body aches and sinus pressure since.  Do you think it is related.  Nothing is helping.  I have a blood pressure problem which is under control with drugs but there is alot of meds I cannot take.  I am trying a nose spray and nettie pot.  Not helping much.
Had the same sinus thing for years. Same symptoms over and over.  Pretty constantly sick Would even blow up pus, and yet over and over, my CT scan was negative.  Finally, I took a picture of the stuff coming out, next to a quarter to give the doc an idea of the amount ( alot).  FINALLY somebody REALLY looked carefully at the CT scan  because of the picture of the pus. And mind you 3 ENT docs I work with and are my friends had looked and 2 had missed it.   They discovered I had an anomaly in the turbinates, basically a space that should not have been there with a tract that emerged right at the opening of my sinus.  So Once it started oozing into the sinus I would get the symptoms, but really I always had a subclinical case.  My advice:  If your CT is clear, take a picture of whats coming out of your nose for your doctor.  If it is like me, have them really really look closely, these tracts are hard to see.  But if they have the proof of the pus so to speak, they will have to look closer.  Then Have surgery and get it out.  That was the only way.  After thirty years, I have not had a sinus reoccurance.  To all who may benefit SG, RN
Hi. For the past several weeks or so. living in the NYC area, there has been a lot of high pollen, etc. Often I will react to this in the typical way, with sneezing, etc. I've found Nasalcrom to help in this regard.

But lately, I haven't sneezed much, nor have I had much of a runny nose or eye itching. What I HAVE had is a kind of achy-ness, as though from a very mild fever, which I don't think I have - kind of the way I might feel on rare exposure to too much sun - which IO haven't done. It's not debilitating, but annoyingly there. I can't prove it, but I feel that it is a more internalized allergic reaction. Other that that, I function well, have a lot of energy, etc.

Any thoughts?
You're symptoms sound surprisingly close to my own. I'm currently awaiting blood work to see what it may be. The doctor thinks it's a virus/sinus issue and prescribed Flonase but, I've never had anything like this. I'm skeptical of the doctor and her diagnoses. I don't think that the blood test are going to show anything. It feels like I'm shaky and feverish at times, almost like flu like symptoms but, very faint. I don't seem to ever have a temperature. The fatigue is extremely annoying. I will say this, the people that are posting about anxiety would be way off the mark in my case. I was working out about 4-5 times a week prior to this and felt healthier than I've ever felt in my life. This hit me like a ton of brick and I felt too weak and too fatigued to do anything.

Based on what I've read, I'm starting to get concerned about this thing lingering on. The only thing that I see that may be a possibility is the corn allergy angle but, I'm skeptical of that too. Let me know if you've had any luck since your last post.
I am a 40yr old woman who for the last year (probably longer) has been suffering aches everywhere! My sinuses are always clogged, I wake up exhausted, i mean EXHAUSTED! During the nite my back ( both lower and middle) hurts so bad I am awakened by it. My chest feels like an elephant is on it, but probably the worst pain is MY SHOULDERS AND KNECK, ALSO SHOULDER BLADES!!! But really everywhere, if my 8yr old son goes to lean on me or just put his elbow lightly on my legs or arms it hurts so bad I have to move it, my muscle ache is unbearable. It hurts to breath in deeply, I can not exercise as I get so winded and to just walk down the street my muscles begin hurting. It seems as though my kneck is a big problem, I think my nodes are swollen, I even get pain in my jaw and teeth???? My ears are always "itchy" inside. I banged my ankle the other day not too hard but it instantly bruised badly and it is still sore 8 days later?????? Why am I feeling this way??????????????? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Please note that if you have tried allergy meds, including the non drowsy types, you may have found that they don't work. BUT if you take them early before the histamine has a chance to build up in your body they may work very well. Thank goodness I figured this out for my husband! He no longer suffers such debilitating illnesses. We short circuit it before it starts. In our case Allegra D works only if taken very early.
I have had a cough since may, with post nasal drip.  They put me on the z pak, with prednisone.  I felt great, no more coughing, no nasal congestion. A week after I finished the meds, the cough and post nasal drip is back. I have an apt.  for this Friday, can't wait to see what they put me on this time.  The cough is killing me.
I have been having these same symptoms for months.  I have been put on multiple rounds of antibiotics and  just keep feeling worse and worse.  Yesterday I decided to quit taking my antibiotic and see if that may be the cause.  I felt 50 percent better when I woke up this morning and am continuing to feel better as the day goes on.  I am just having some kind of reaction to the antibiotics.  Taking Cephalexon, but I believe you could have this reaction to other antibiotics.  I was miserable and am feeling so much better.