Sinus symptoms and body aches, fatigue?

This is my first post.  I am an otherwise healthy 32 year old male, but frustrated by this recent baffling problem.

For the last 2-3 weeks, I've had mild sinus congestion & pressure, along with strange "flu-like" body aches, weakness & fatigue.  I have no fever or night sweats, and nasal mucous is clear.

I do get a lot of allergies, but never these "flu-like" symptoms.  I went to the doc and have been taking Septra for a possible sinus infection, but no improvement.

I don't know what's linking the sinus condition with the other symptoms... virus (like chronic fatigue), allergies, infection, autoimmune disorder (hope not)?

Any advice or comments welcome.
-Dan
Hi guys, you might also like to consider other allergies apart from food and the usual suspects. If I sleep on a latex pillow I wake with sinus problems, a crushing headache, exhausted etc. Avoiding latex, regular vacuuming of the bedroom (once a week without fail), and taking acidopholous have all helped me enormously, as has watching the effect of various foods (sugar and diary being two of the worst for me). Acidopholous particularly helped me with mushy ears, nausea and exhaustion. (so the acidopholous is treating a yeast problem). Antibiotics will aggravate yeast infections as they kill off the healthy bacteria too. Also watch out for artificial flavourings and colourings. I only came to recognise my own allergies after my sons developed severe excema and we had to look at food elimination when traditional treatment methods didn't work. I live well now, by observing all of the above, Interestingly, I came on the forum tonight to see if my aching joints (something I haven't had for awhile) could be allergy related and am interested in the mold comments as just today I was cleaning up some glaze pots that had gone moldy in my shed. My advice is to stop taking meds to suppress allergy symptoms and start tuning in to what your body is telling you. Elimination diets are a good idea, and just being observant over time, and do your own experiments to see what works for you. Good luck!
As someone pointed very well in this forum the cause for this is mold (or other allergy trigers)  but mold is for sure the most toxic for organism.  Is affecting our muscles and is very debilitating.
Its acting like an infection but all its starts in our sinuses. You must have a clean almost empty room, ionizated air, and sinus flush with antifungal when felling worst. Belive me, as I am suffering for a long time with this simptoms. Strange that doctors dont't recognize this .   You can search on google info regarding this with folowing terms :  mold dr. dennis ;  regarding his research about this.

I hope to hear good news from others.
Everyone, I gotta say that you all have really helped me alot with your on discriptions of your physical issues. I must admit, I've been pretty frightened by these. I've been tired, sore and pretty much not wanting to eat much at all for the last 5 weeks. I'm 42 and have never had any serious illnesses so as you can imagine this is pretty scary for me. It started off as what seemed to be allergy related. The truth is, it very well still could be but I can tell you all this, its scary. I have started feeling better this last week, but not 100%.. No weight lost or vomitting. Soreness has subsided. My prayers are especially with those of you who are in great pain.
i am 18 yr old male, my problem starts with a severe neck pain and headache and then i got mild fever in the morning and evening.also i am feeling very weak and sick i have this problem for last two weeks but for last two days i m feeling fullness in my right ear .......i am getting very tensed and also bad thoughts are coming in my mind i have visited my doc two times but not getting any relief ........................if somebody can told me what could be the possible cause of this problem
Hello.  In March and April 2011  I suffered severely from chest wheezing, coughing, fever pain in every area of my body especially lower back.  I missed 2 weeks of work from this.  I have seen all sorts of doctors, even a Rheumatologist.  I was on antibotics for 3 months straight.  My dr. told me I just had an infection in my lungs.  I had knots form on my shins and that is what my dr. sent me to the rheumatologist for.  Nothing came from any of my dr. visits.  I was beginning to think it was in my head.  I can't really pin point the time the severe pain started but I do know I can track it back to December 2010.  I was taking a medicine for what I thought I had was fibromyalgia, it cause my heart to go into panic and I was hospitalized for a high heart rate and extremely high blood pressure, (which I do not have blood pressure problems).  I was so sick with all of the symptoms described in this forum.  I talked to my safety manager at work to see if it was mold but before I could get a team in to check things out this past May all of my sickness and back pain and allergy drainage, coughing, fever, wierd sounds in my ears like an ocean went away.  I was fine until the last week of August and I felt the symptoms coming on again.  The mild back ache and nose running.  Then I heard it in my ears like water.  It slowly has been coming back.  I have watched my food intake because I thought I was allergic to shrimp, but I don't think that's the case.  My sinuses are draining in my throat and ears and I am sneezing so bad.  I take an allergy medicine daily, Zyrtec D and it seems the symptoms are gradually growing worse.  If any one has any recommendations for me please let me know.  I am going crazy with all of this sickness and fatigue.  I love to ride my bicycle but I am feeling that will be in danger because of this allergy or whatever this is creeping back up on me.  HELP>
I suppose I am happy that I am not alone in this odd ailment, but I only wish that in the past few years there had been some diagnosis and help for all of you.  

As are all of you, I am suffering from sinus pressure (with no discharge), daily headaches, dizziness, joint pain, loss of appetite, occasional stomach discomfort, light sensitivity (but not to the degree one with a migraine would experience), and extreme fatigue.  I am 40, and am in otherwise good shape.  I don't smoke;  I don't drink - I'm boring.  This has been going on for months.

I cannot simply point to an onset of food allergies, simply because my wife is also going though the same issues and the appearance of our symptoms coincides.  If this is not viral or bacterial, then I am guessing it is environmental, and possibly related to mold, though I have no evidence yet to back this up.

This current cycle began a few weeks back.  My middle child had swollen glands in his throat, and we brought him to the doctor.  The rest of the family felt fine.  He was tested for strep using a rapid culture and the result on the exam's view window was a faint line, which they figured meant he tested positive, and he was prescribed antibiotics.  In the mean time, they sent his culture to the lab for a full work-up because the line was not as conclusive as they normally see.  A few days later, my oldest child complained of a sore throat, he tested positive on the rapid culture, and the entire family was put on antibiotics as a preventive measure.  That afternoon, the middle son's results came back from the lab - he did NOT have strep (despite the fact that the rapid test is considered 98% accurate).  The oldest child never showed signs of having strep;  normally, the throat condition would have produced many more difficulties.

Two days after beginning the antibiotics, the family showed signs of Herxheimer reactions.  My oldest and I spiked fevers over 104 degrees, and my wife went over 103.  Once that passed, however, it was the best I'd felt in years.  Once the antibiotics were done, I felt the loss of energy again, and the joint pains came back with a vengeance.

We ended up bringing my wife to the ER, where she was given a CT scan, full blood work, a spinal tap, and pain killers.  She had been unable to rise from bed for two days before we went to the hospital.  All the tests were negative.  After a process of elimination, she was told she had viral meningitis.

I worried that it might be Lyme meningitis (the two are very similar), and we were both tested for Lyme disease (our middle child, aged 3, tested positive earlier this year).  Our tests came negative.

The oldest and youngest child seem to be fine now.  The middle seems weaker and constantly irritable (okay, he is 3, so that's inconclusive).  My wife and I are constantly tired, and have headaches.  In addition to the symptoms I mentioned earlier, my wife is also suffering a weird taste in her mouth, has itchy skin, and, oddly, nightmares.  She has been to the ER twice now with this, and has been dealing with these symptoms since March.

Since the doctors saw nothing in our test results, we have been told we are "fine."  Obviously we are not.

My best to you all.  If we find a solution, I'll let you know.  In the meantime, I'll be watching your posts to see if you find relief.

I have had most of the symptoms described above. Constant low-grade fever.  Loss of appetite. Aching head, ears, neck, arms, back, hips, legs.  Waking up now, this morning, yes, the symptoms are worse.  We have a mildew problem in our living room. I never took that into consideration.  I have always had severe hay fever in August and September.  Although the itchy and swollen eyes and itchy ears and throat and the extreme congestion I used to experience with seasonal allergies seem to have subsided with age, I have been wondering if my allergies were causing these other things.  Sounds like they are and it sounds like I need to take seriously again the fact that dust and mold in my environment will affect my health in more ways than simply being inconvenienced with an occasional sneeze or a little bit of a runny nose.
I am a registered nurse and I hate going to the doctor so I will try everything I can before doing so.  However, recently I went shallow water diving and got disgusting sludge up my nose that caused a severe and I do mean severe sinus infection. Morphine that I had laying around wouldn't even touch the body aches, migraines, and the worst fatigue you could imagine.  I took to the bed for days and was so ill  I had blood clots and pus coming out of my nose.  I had to be practically carried into the doctor and when I questioned him as to how a sinus infection could cause my symptoms he said and did the following. Shot of depo-medrol, afrin 2 times a day for ONLY 3 days, Saline mist every 3 hours.  He explained that if he could show me how deep the sinuses reach I would be amazed and it is not at all uncommon to feel like death warmed over.  He also prescribed Amoxicillin which has Clavulanate Potassium and this was important for a sinus infection not to be confused with sinusitus which is just an inflammation of the sinuses not an infection.  After 5 days of severe pain all over, even in my teeth, I followed his instructions to the T and in less than 12 hours I feel like a new person.  No more symptoms at all except some weakness from the infection on my body and laying in bed for days.  Yesterday I was carried into the doctor and today I am up and about.  Good Luck Dan I hope this helps.  P.S.  I never take antibiotics but in this case I made an exception.  
A book that literally saved my life. After a complete spinal fusion, and 6 weeks of anti-biotics, "JUST IN CASE", my health was declining. Constant yeast infections, not able to think clearly or concentrate, major joint pains and muscle aches,ear aches,groin pain...from head to toe. Doc said-nothing wrong. I went to the library and studied every possible connection to my symptoms. One book resonated with me so clearly. "The Yeast Connection" by William Crook, and a few other who point to yeast/mold/environmental molds. I never really liked sweet things but LOVED bread(any kind) and beer, which I later found turns to sugar in your body, as do most grains and carbs,therefore, feeding the yeast. After awhile they grow long leg-like strings that cling to your intestines and are very difficult to get rid of, especially if they have caused leaky gut syndrome. SOOO-I MADE my Dr. sent me to an allergist, even though he told me I was wrong, and sure enough, about 10 things came up positive. Itook immunology injections 3x's a week for 5 years, and cut out all fermented,pickled,items, as well as mushrooms, any sugar, alcohol,bread-long list. The injections actually are made specifically for you, and are what you are allergic to, so the immune system kicks in and de-sensitises  you to all you have sensitivities to. Haven't taken an anti-biotic since '94, and never will again, unless it is something life threatening. Get this book at the library, or used on amazon-you won't believe how many things are in it that you can do yourself-get the most updated version-lots of new remedies. MUST read!
My alliergies are so bad that my eyes puff up like pink eye.  My right eye is swollen right now.  Benadryl and Clariton are not working.  Clariton is my prescribed med-the Benadryl is my own decision.  It's really annoying.  Blurry vision, headaches, I'm going back to bed until later when I'm seeing my doctor.  I hope my eye is still swollen so he can see what allergies are doing to me. I'm very near-sighted and don't need the extra stress on my eyes.  I, too, am astounded to see more people having difficulty with allergies for lengthy periods of time. I hope you all find your cures too.
I has the same problems/symptoms and was treated with antibiotics for months.  A CT scan and sinus scope diagnosed it as a fungal infection in my sinuses. This is why the antibiotics had not helped. Ask your dr to check for a fungal infection, it is much more common than we think.  Hope this helps.
I have the same symptoms - body ache, sinus pressure, fatigue, and the strange stomach pain and lower back pain.  I had sinus surgery a few years ago and take flonase, and sinus meds everyday to keep from getting sinus infections (that I seem to keep).  But the fatigue, and pain in my joints , abdomin, and back are very annoying.  I am so sore I can hardly walk, sleep, or stand.

Please let me know if you find out what it is.  I had bronchitis a couple of weeks ago  - which I think turned into pneumonia.  I felt so bad I didn't go back to the Dr.  Hope you feel better!
A couple of months ago I started to feel sick with a headache in the night,about 5 minutes after my whole body was aching,particularly my knees,I couldnt put any weight on them,a blotchy red rash appeared all over my body and i was really shivery all night,I began to feel fine again the next day,but about 4 weeks after the exact same thing happened again,it seems to start with feeling sick and a bad aching in my ribcage and upper back,
has anyone else experienced this? x
This could very well describe what I'm going through.  Just had a CT scan of my sinuses.   Trying natural remedies from a health food shop.  I do hope we both find a return to normal ASAP.   Thanks for sharing.
Yeast is present every where, including your own body.   When there is an inbalance of your system, the yeast can get out of control.  My symptoms started with a cold at the same time one of my dogs' skin yeast infection got worse.   I do believe that my symptoms are related to the dogs' problem as I had been bathing them with Selsun Blue shampoo every other day.   My husband's cold was sured with his visit to the doctor, but mine was not.   A CT scan of my sinuses was done last evening.  I'm trying colloidal silver and Umcka ColdCare from health food shop as all those Rx drugs have only made things worse.  Would love to have an instant cure, as would every one, I'm sure.  Hope we all find relief very quickly.
At the age of 47 all of a sudden I stared to get the 'flu' every 3-10 days. Body aches, going through a box of tissues and  severe fatigue.Over a year, I went to a GP, ENT, Allergist and an Immunologist. I had scans and was put on a ton of antibiotics and it was also suggested that I use a netti pot. All for nothing. I finally went to a DO who suggested that I take probiotics, eliminate gluten and sugar. I did all 3 of those things and for about 8 weeks I was not cured but the 'episodes' were less frequent and I did have more energy. He told me that I had to get the toxins out of my body, to give it a little more time he also suggested doing 'oil pulling,' where you swish sesame oil in your mouth first thing in the morning for about 15 min. I was cured!!!!  I went on holiday and drank beer (i know, full of gluten but I wasn't convinced that i had a gluten problem) for 3 days, my lymph nodes started to hurt and I knew I was going to have an 'episode'. Sure enough had a whopper of one! I started to do a bit more research on Gluten free and found that it is in nearly everything. Sushi has it in the imitation crab mean, soy sauce, wasabi paste. It is in malt, barley, soup sauces...anything with modified food starch should also be avoided as it could come from grain. I do not have Celiac disease but a sensitivity to gluten (I did not test positive for it at the allergist). I hope this helps somone! Good luck.
Hi this is my first post n im feeling yuk. For 3 wks now feel like cold flu symptoms without the aches. I am also suffering from ringing in my ears. I was put on antibiotics for chest infection n when finished them felt better for two day then I came down feeling ill again. Im so congested with yellow green mucas occasionally sometimes clear. Im very tired with ringing in ears n generally feel yuk. I was told I have viral infection but was put on more antibiotics for possible sinus infection. Has anyone else felt the same.
Please don't tell people who are looking for answers about their non-specific health problems that they are just looking to find "external" cures by blaming it on their bodies, and definitely don't tell them that so often the problem is really psychological. That's a load of bologna.  These people are on this thread because they are taking control/responsibility of their own health issues and are doing the research that needs to be done. Anxiety and depression are just as often a symptom of physical health problems.
So many times people think that doctors know so much more than they do, but in reality each person knows his/her own body much more than a stranger would.  
I am vividly aware that diagnosis is not an easy thing for physicians.  When my daughter was 17 months old, she was seriously ill and her head was actually physically deformed and when I asked the doctor if she had mastoiditis, I was dismissed as an over-reactive mother and one ridiculous theory was that it was "cradle cap".  A couple days later my daughter's head was so swollen I took her to the ER where she was admitted and needed to have an EMERGENCY MASTOIDECTOMY because she had MASTOIDITIS. She could have died... It just goes to show that people should not be "dismissed" as being over-reactive.  Each person knows their own bodies..and even their children's bodies better than some stranger;  ...doctors and "naysayers" should start listening with an open mind.  Everyone is different.  Maybe it is psychological for one person, but that doesn't mean it is for ALL the people that are posting in this forum.  Just my opinion, but it seems there are a LOT of them...and I believe every single one!  
I agree: this viral thing going round is difficult. Symptoms go away and can come right back. I had ringing in ears, non-stop sinus drainage down the throat. Tried everything except colloidal silver: Umcka, Sambucol, wild oregano oil, quercetin, raw honey in tea, breathing steam from boiling water, medicinal mushrooms, and more. The sublingual drops of wild oregano oil with quercetin pills then alternating with Sambucus (elderberry formula developed by a virologist), had most effect in squashing symptoms, and the steam was helpful. After several weeks, my ears are cleared, and most remaining drainage issues are first thing in the morning. Still having random body aches.
Hope this helps!
after alot of research, I see alot of similarities in symtpoms. for about 6 months now, I have had the following symptoms that have NEVER effected me before:
  EXTREME fatigue- I get a normal night  sleep, no difficulty falling alseep or staying asleep but i wake up feeling as if I enduldged in excessive drinking the night prior and only got 2 hrs of sleep. During the day I am extremely fatigued and don't want to do anything, difficulty concentrating etc.
Sever sinus pressure/headaches- wake up with very stuffy nasal passages, very bad headache that extends from areas on the top of the head,  between the eyes, tops of the cheeks and even roof of the mouth.The headaches are worse in the morning but even with OTC meds, the headaches will last all day long.    :(

Dizzyness- when I wake up with the "hungover" feeling, it's very difficult to function in the morning as I am very off balance, couldy vision etc.

Burning eyes- my  eyes will randomly burn or feel very dry and "sticky" like. That is the best way to describe it. when I blink, it feels like my eye lids aren't as slippery over my eyes as normal.

I can blow my nose but not much comes out other than a little ammount of clear mucus and a small ammount of blood usually from the left nostril which can just be from irritation of constantly blowing or blowing too hard. The blood is not liquid form but more of a clotty/chunky form.

I am active duty Navy and it's really hard to get the correct treatment or the right Dr to take your condition seriously but it's really effecting my daily life and getting really hard to do normal routines.

In the past, I have tried Claratin, Flonaise, Netti pot, Mucinex .
I plan to go see my Main Dr and ask him to refer me to an ear nose and throat Dr. Hopefully something can be done to even slightly improve my condition. I am a chef so I have tried the diets with no success don't I do not think it's any food allergies. I live in Southern California, been here for over 3 years and it's just odd how I just recently started these symptoms about 6 months ago. They didn't even come on slowly, I just woke up one morning feeling like DEATH and it's never left!  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to post my resutls if anything positive comes out so that it can possibly help others.
How do you get a mold test done for your house. I've been feeling rotten for 8 months, lightheaded all the time, tired. Our house is old and I live in Oregon, so am wondering if mold could be the problem. Thanks.
Hi there.. I too have suffered from chronic allergies for years. My nose is ALWAYS stuffed up and I constantly have sinus pressure. Like you I have tried EVERY OTC medicine you can think of. Have been using a steroid spray for the last 2 yrs that helps a little bit, plus I clean my nose out twice a day with Ocean Saline Spray( I like it the best because it has more pressure than anyother saline spray I have used). My allergies have been really bad the last month and have been getting desperate. Ordered some nose spray called Sinusoothe two weeks ago and it just came in last night. Have been using it since last night and it is actually working. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. It burns a little and has a weird drip BUT if it actually works I can handle anything over not being able to breath. Google Sinusoothe and you can read about it.
italia289  your symptoms sound familiar.   Mostly I had extreme pressure not pain all around the front, top and back of the skull with occasional migraines that would follow with a nosebleed. Ear pressure was high in the ears and also had brain fog.   Fatigue that felt similar to a hangover all day long. when sitting down in certain chairs or change in body position would bring on strange dizzy or vertigo like feeling?  felt like death...so if you think this is going to kill you..I totally understand.  My doctor never found the cause. Doctor ordered an MRI  and no tumor was found (thank god) but did notice some "activity" with the Sphenoid sinuses (located behind eye and in front of brain) but nothing alarming. So they gave "Veramyst". It took months of using Veramyst before I began to feel better just to go into work.

Please get a MRI and a CT scan to check for brain tumors and sinus issues.   and you must rest b/c stress will make it worse. they also gave me a muscle relaxer to help b/c was stressed of all the worrying.  
I also have EHS Electromagnetic hypersensitivity which after years of research I'm now looking at EHS and sinus and other health related issues.  
if your doctors can't find anything wrong then try staying away from all types of electronics and power plants.
Be aware this may never go away... sinus issues and allergies will bring back some of these symptoms again.

I found your post today b/c I have spent way too much time on the computers this week at work plus home (and it's spring).   I knew this was coming b/c i had body aches yesterday...and today the light head pressure and sinus inflammation hit.(also when driving by the power lines on the way to work yesterday the pressure in my head increased)

doctors still have no idea what this attack was.
I really hope and pray that you will get the help that you need!  
I ache alot today. I had an ear of corn yesterday. I thought one ear of corn would be okay..it has been probably a year since I have had corn like that...but today I am paying.
I am sure it has something to do with 80% of corn is genetically engineered to have pesticides in it.That cannot be good for our bodies. I donated to the cause to have GMO food labeled. I hope everyone else does too. The GMO 's in our food are not allowed anywhere else in the world except in the US of A. We are the guinea pigs and we are suffering.
Stop eating wheat/flour and corn for 2-6 weeks and see if that helps. It sounds hard but with some thought and good choices you can do it.
I am so glad have found this. I have the exact same issues. Sinus pressure with clear drainage with shoulder and muscle pain like I have been doing sit ups or something.  Glad to hear I'm not crazy
Wow, thanks for this helpful information. I too am suffering from all of the symptoms listed on this site. I'm not working right now so I've been doing intinsive reading/research for the last month. I've found a lot of relief and I believe I'm on the right track but I still have episodes where I have trouble. The mold in the are is one area that I've not looked into. I have found that changing over to an organic diet/high quality suppliments/enzymes/probiotics combined with allegra/nasonex/NeilMed has done wonders for me. Also, exercise! Right now I'm still looking into diet & yeast overgrowth. I already know i'm allergic to mold so I'm sure that is contributing as well! thanks for the insight!
Have you checked for a UTI?
I have found this is not sufficient. If you really want to give diet a serious try as the source of your problems, you need to stop eating many more things for a little while (probably not good long term). No grains, beans, nuts, sugars, fruits or processed anything. If you really want to eliminate all the toxic crap you're eating you'll have to try eating nothing but (1) simple whole organic veggies (raw or cooked, but ideally from a local farmer's market or your own garden) and (2) organic meats (preferably wild caught fish and game). Drinking should be limited to absolutely nothing but water. Do this for one month and see what happens. This means absolutely no meal where you cannot identify all the ingredients visually from several feet away. Ideally nothing ground, stored, shipped or processed in any way unless you did it yourself. It sounds like a lot of work and you will definitely feel some hunger and lose a bit of weight, but it's most likely to identify the problem. And what's more work, really eliminating all the crap for a month or trying this and that as the months and years slip away from you?
Also, starchy veggies like potatoes and sweet potatoes have to go as well.
I know my flu like symptoms are due to allergies because they are seasonal.  I just visited a new allergy doctor and he said flu like symptoms are not a symptom of allergies.  He said I most likely have an autoimmune disorder. I said, "seasonally"? I feel for all of you who suffer all the time.  It would be hard to pinpoint it to allergies. I currently take zyrtec D, flonase and astelin.I also do nasal rinses each morning and night.  These help, but not completely.  I have been suffering with this for the last 22 years.  The symptoms start in late summer and are gone by the end of January. I can be completely miserable and spend a lot of time in bed.  I am sorry to hear people suffer year around.  It can be terrible.
not sure if this will help but, here is what I've figured out over 20 years of sinus problems.  A bit of explaining but reading some of your posts it sounds like the confusion is whether it is caused from allergies, though it is not really.  I've been the allergy route too and nothing was found.  

What it is, is something whether a temporary allergen or just dust or as in my case two weeks ago, dust from a load of rocks we put along our house, but anything that gets up into the sinus passage, sits there, creates a bit of a reaction in the sinuses (called irritants)  It can even be paint fumes, perfumes, etc that are irritating the sinuses, but are not actually allergies.  Then what happens is the sinuses become swollen in reaction to whatever it was that irritated them.  Then they block up a bit, because they are swollen (this is when you feel the pressure in the sinuses) From there, if you do not get the irritant flushed out copiously within two to three days, the sinuses remain blocked and back up the normal drainage and because it's all sitting in the sinus cavity, the infection begins to ensure.  

Then from there, you need to get onto antibiotics.  I've tried many antibiotics and they seemed to never work.  Now, I go in, ask for SUPRAX as it will literally kill out an infection in 48 hours, then you just finish the 7 day course of one pill per day, but it works like nothing else.  Regular antibiotics don't get rid of sinus infections.  You can take regular antibiotics and still be sick if they are not the right type of antibiotic.

My symptoms are very weird, I not only get sinus pressure, but I get dizziness, pain in the eyes, light sensitivity, mild to bad headache that won't go away, sometimes jaw pain or teeth pain, temporal pressure, then I get neck pain, upper shoulder muscle ache, general fatigue and overall body pain and just feel wiped right out.  I also get verrrry short of breath with sudden exertion with a sinus infection and never do otherwise.  So it really does affect your whole system  and shouldn't be left alone, it basically makes your whole body toxic.  Took me a long time to figure all that out.  

Preventatively, use saline spray to your sinuses every day.  Just spray them a few times to clear "irritants" out.  Irritants, and not "allergies" can get into the sinuses and boom, cause a sinus blockage, that leads to infection.  So it doesn't mean you are allergic to anything, but springtime molds from dead leaves will cause my sinuses to block. so I use sprays in the spring time. If I'm around a lot of dust of any kind indoors or outdoors, ie vacuuming or walking outside in the woods, I use sprays.  Usually now i can keep a sinus infection to once or twice every couple of years, whereas before it was about every 3 months.  So  I hope that helps.  Sinus infections will make you feel completely unwell, even nauseated and if bad enough, severe migraine.  Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day also to keep your nasal mucosa really moist.  The more moist it is, the less chance irritants can settle in there.
Hope that helps!  Again, ask for Suprax if you feel you have an infection, it kills upper respiratory infections dead within 24 hours you start to feel way better but be sure to finish your 7 day course.  It's the only stuff I've found works and I've been doing this since 1987 :( trying to figure out what works best.
again, my best advice is to avoid irritants or if you know you've been near them, get your nasal passages rinsed out asap, keep saline spray on you if possible.  Some irritants that really affect me are fumes from vehicles I might be parked behind on the road in traffic, paint fumes, springtime molds from dead leaves etc, dust from roads, household dust ie when vacuuming, pollen when it's super thick in the spring and early summer.  Heat has even caused sinus infections as when you are in the heat a lot, it dries out the nasal mucosa and the sinuses become extremely dry.  The mucosa, that slimy clear stuff in your passages, acts as a barrier from irritants, so if it's dry the irritants stick in the sinuses and nasal passages.  I find walking past someone wearing heavy perfume will just kill my sinuses and I can feel them swelling within minutes.  It's hard to always keep your nose sprayed out, but it helps.  Avoid the decongestant type of nasal sprays as they can make symptoms actualy worse as they dry out the sinues.  Just saline and if you don't have that, just squirt plain, clean water up there.  Drink LOTS of water daily, not juice, coffee, tea or other liquids, but water is waht will keep the sinuses and nasal passages healthy and moist.  They have to be moist.  But if you've been in contact with an irritant, spray the sinuses out as soon as you can.  I find i have about two days to treat an irritant, before it goes into a full blown infection from the sinuses being blocked too long.  
I have traveled the country and the world and never had allergy symptoms until i got to western washington, then i started to get this chronic cough that started in sep or oct and lasted until the weather warmed up. I was diagnosed with upper respitory infection, bronchitis, they even tried to give me an inhaler for asthma...the only thing that worked was antibiotics after the infection set in. I transfer to Cali..no allergies...go back to washington same issues.....i got out of the navy and took a job in cali..no issues....took a different job in central washington....a dry desert climate and now i get hit with about every symptom from april to october....its horrible....hard to build a career when you miss 6 - 10 days a year due to sickness.
I got sick with a sinus and ear infection last summer and took three bouts of antibiotics and about 7 months to feel better symptoms included body aches back and neck pain sinus pain and headaches naseu vertigo and constant fatigue. And now about a year later starting to feel the same symptoms again I'm going to the doc Friday but I'm not very optimistic, they never gave me a definitive answer to what was wrong also got tested for valley fever and it came back neg. Also I have a bad really bad taste in my mouth and throat like poop. I'm scared please someone help me.

If I can make a suggestion Jonny. I suffered from many symptoms listed on here as well as IBS, for 20 years in fact.  I went to so many doctors and none of them could help.  I read on the web that these symptoms could be associated with food intolerance so I started a detection diet.  I first started cutting out all products containing lactose.  Basically you have to do this for 2 weeks, noting the difference in your health and any symptoms, after 2 weeks you eat something containing the food you have cut out and see how you react to it. I wasnt actually intolerant to lactose, it was gluten.  You cannot cut out all food types in one go, you have to break them down into the main food intolerance groups, lactose, wheat, gluten, fructose and yeast. After 4 days of cutting out gluten I knew the little bugger was the culprit as I felt so much better and after 2 weeks I ate a meal containing gluten and it hit me like a brick wall. I swore from that day I would never eat gluten again and I havent.  My life has changed completely because of finding this out.  A good website to start with is foodintol.com, they have a very good symptoms matrix you fill out to see which foods coulld be the problem. If you want to seek preffessional help them find a dietician that specialises in food intolerance. Its worth a try for all of you.  I feel for you all.  Good Luck
In the fall, I go through a bout of aches, chills, fatigue, etc.  Usually lasts a week or more, then goes away.  Ragweed pollen is at its worst here, and I have finally realized that allergic reaction is causing my symptoms.  Just took loratadine and hope it will help.  Recently had some brain fog that made me wonder if I had dementia!!  Reading these posts has given me new information.  No wonder I have been feeling so yucky the past week.
hi everyone,pleasse me to get out of frustation due to this bloody sinusitis.
i'm 29 had bad allergies ever since i was a kid went to an allergy specialist they tested me i was allergic to everything they tested me on. shots included.
they had me drink soy milk i think for a week stop drinking it because it made me sick. i'm still suffering today as well just worse. fall and spring the worse time i always feel sick. than feel better.
Symptoms I read here all sound very familiar. Stomach (and general abdominal) pain. Sinus issues. Joint pain. Non-localized headache. And so on. This has been beating me down for months now. It's physically and mentally exhausting. Thus far, the treatments have not helped. The physical examinations and the blood work show nothing. I ought to be "well", I suppose. Yet I feel like ****. I have always exercised and tried to keep in shape. Now fifty-two. Feeling eighty-two, and on my last legs. What does a person do when the medical community tells you they can find nothing, and yet you feel, all day every day, like death warmed up? Sure, I have suffered from depression. But this isn't all in the mind, I know that for sure. I am feeling pretty hopeless about now. Suggestions?
I had a flu shot about 10 days ago and I have suffered with body aches and sinus pressure since.  Do you think it is related.  Nothing is helping.  I have a blood pressure problem which is under control with drugs but there is alot of meds I cannot take.  I am trying a nose spray and nettie pot.  Not helping much.
Had the same sinus thing for years. Same symptoms over and over.  Pretty constantly sick Would even blow up pus, and yet over and over, my CT scan was negative.  Finally, I took a picture of the stuff coming out, next to a quarter to give the doc an idea of the amount ( alot).  FINALLY somebody REALLY looked carefully at the CT scan  because of the picture of the pus. And mind you 3 ENT docs I work with and are my friends had looked and 2 had missed it.   They discovered I had an anomaly in the turbinates, basically a space that should not have been there with a tract that emerged right at the opening of my sinus.  So Once it started oozing into the sinus I would get the symptoms, but really I always had a subclinical case.  My advice:  If your CT is clear, take a picture of whats coming out of your nose for your doctor.  If it is like me, have them really really look closely, these tracts are hard to see.  But if they have the proof of the pus so to speak, they will have to look closer.  Then Have surgery and get it out.  That was the only way.  After thirty years, I have not had a sinus reoccurance.  To all who may benefit SG, RN
Hi. For the past several weeks or so. living in the NYC area, there has been a lot of high pollen, etc. Often I will react to this in the typical way, with sneezing, etc. I've found Nasalcrom to help in this regard.

But lately, I haven't sneezed much, nor have I had much of a runny nose or eye itching. What I HAVE had is a kind of achy-ness, as though from a very mild fever, which I don't think I have - kind of the way I might feel on rare exposure to too much sun - which IO haven't done. It's not debilitating, but annoyingly there. I can't prove it, but I feel that it is a more internalized allergic reaction. Other that that, I function well, have a lot of energy, etc.

Any thoughts?
You're symptoms sound surprisingly close to my own. I'm currently awaiting blood work to see what it may be. The doctor thinks it's a virus/sinus issue and prescribed Flonase but, I've never had anything like this. I'm skeptical of the doctor and her diagnoses. I don't think that the blood test are going to show anything. It feels like I'm shaky and feverish at times, almost like flu like symptoms but, very faint. I don't seem to ever have a temperature. The fatigue is extremely annoying. I will say this, the people that are posting about anxiety would be way off the mark in my case. I was working out about 4-5 times a week prior to this and felt healthier than I've ever felt in my life. This hit me like a ton of brick and I felt too weak and too fatigued to do anything.

Based on what I've read, I'm starting to get concerned about this thing lingering on. The only thing that I see that may be a possibility is the corn allergy angle but, I'm skeptical of that too. Let me know if you've had any luck since your last post.
I am a 40yr old woman who for the last year (probably longer) has been suffering aches everywhere! My sinuses are always clogged, I wake up exhausted, i mean EXHAUSTED! During the nite my back ( both lower and middle) hurts so bad I am awakened by it. My chest feels like an elephant is on it, but probably the worst pain is MY SHOULDERS AND KNECK, ALSO SHOULDER BLADES!!! But really everywhere, if my 8yr old son goes to lean on me or just put his elbow lightly on my legs or arms it hurts so bad I have to move it, my muscle ache is unbearable. It hurts to breath in deeply, I can not exercise as I get so winded and to just walk down the street my muscles begin hurting. It seems as though my kneck is a big problem, I think my nodes are swollen, I even get pain in my jaw and teeth???? My ears are always "itchy" inside. I banged my ankle the other day not too hard but it instantly bruised badly and it is still sore 8 days later?????? Why am I feeling this way??????????????? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Please note that if you have tried allergy meds, including the non drowsy types, you may have found that they don't work. BUT if you take them early before the histamine has a chance to build up in your body they may work very well. Thank goodness I figured this out for my husband! He no longer suffers such debilitating illnesses. We short circuit it before it starts. In our case Allegra D works only if taken very early.
I have had a cough since may, with post nasal drip.  They put me on the z pak, with prednisone.  I felt great, no more coughing, no nasal congestion. A week after I finished the meds, the cough and post nasal drip is back. I have an apt.  for this Friday, can't wait to see what they put me on this time.  The cough is killing me.
I have been having these same symptoms for months.  I have been put on multiple rounds of antibiotics and  just keep feeling worse and worse.  Yesterday I decided to quit taking my antibiotic and see if that may be the cause.  I felt 50 percent better when I woke up this morning and am continuing to feel better as the day goes on.  I am just having some kind of reaction to the antibiotics.  Taking Cephalexon, but I believe you could have this reaction to other antibiotics.  I was miserable and am feeling so much better.
I have the same symptoms.  Moved to Maryland a few years ago and that's when it started.  Was diagnosed with severe allergies.  No medicine worked, shots worked minimally.  why? I believe all of us are suffering from adrenal fatigue.  Your body works to give off the histamine response which means you overproduce cortisol.  long term this is dangerous and the adrenal gland becomes fatigue.  Once it's fatigue you need to treat it before allergy shots or anything will work   Body aches, etc are all a part of adrenal fatigue.  BTW most docs don't believe in adrenal fatigue.  Thoughts?  ty