Allergy Community
Sinuses and tooth pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sinuses and tooth pain

Hello,  I am experiencing severe pain in my upper back molar.  Prior to a few days ago, I had what felt like an infected sinus cavity.  Don't mean to be gross here, but when I blew my nose the mucous was red and greenish yellow.  Now the pain on the side of my face is gone, but I have severe, constant tooth pain.  Is it possible a sinus infection could cause pain to teeth?  Thank you.
Hey - I recently had a sinus infection & the main problem I had was severe tooth pain. After a few days of antibiotics it was totally gone -- you should visit your doctor & get some antibiotics to clear up that infection!

good luck...
I have chronic allergies that cause extreme tooth pain during 'allergy' seasons...of course, this was not known until this past year - after (AFTER) - having 3 root canals on one side of my mouth (upper left)!  The sinuses back up to the never endings of your teeth. If sinus is swollen or irritated - that can press on the nerves of the teeth ((sorry, I'm not a dentist or a doctor but, it was explained to me by my allergist)) Anyhu, just last Saturday I SWORE my upper right tooth was needing attention and so, instead I took aleve and it went away and has stayed away - my first clue it was sinus and NOT tooth pain was - the pain would travel up and back a tooth and my nose and lips were feeling funny (from allergies) The teeth that received root canals and crowns are always sensitive too - to pressure - Again, because of my sinus's... It wasn't until I had to go on prednisone for treatment from shock (allergic to BP meds) that I noticed the tooth pain went away (((the prednisone is a heavy duty anti-inflammatory))) thus, took the swelling out of my sinus... You should always check with your dentist to make sure you don't have a tooth needing attention but, if they say your teeth are fine then, you know in the future what the sinus pain can do to your teeth... Hope this helps?
I too have had a root canal.  I am pretty sure now that the pain was from seasonal allergies,cuz at times I can feel pain in the tooth the dentist fixed.It starts with sinus pain and pressure and works its way down to my teeth. Sometimes an advil will be enough to take down the swelling enough to relieve the pain.

You should take some pain relief medications and talk to your doctor whether a course of antibiotics would be required.

You should take liquids and other food substances at room temperature - neither too warm , nor too chilled.

It would help to reconsult with your doctor if your symptoms persist.

Let us know if you need any other information and do post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Thanks for your detailed post.
I am experiencing the exact discomfort. I just popped an Aleve, so
fingers crossed!
Thanks again,
Murrah