Allergy Community
Sinusitis caused by food allergy???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sinusitis caused by food allergy???

I have no fixed allergies that I know of. But, I do seem to be subject to becoming sensitized to things. I am in the recovery stage from having had glaucoma and cataract surgery on my right eye about a month ago. I have been experiencing sinusitis in the right side of my face off and on for the last few days. It is not directly related to the surgery. It has been getting worse each time. I have just finished a 12 hr+ period of severe sinus pain with little or no relief available.

I love lima beans and ham. I made up a large pot over a week ago and have been working on it, finishing it up yesterday. While laying awake last night it occurred to me that the sinusitis bouts coincided with the meals of lima beans, getting worse each time.

So, my question:  Does this sound like a reasonable explanation, or am I off in la-la land?
Tags: food alergy, lima bean, sinusitis
no I wouldn't say you are in lala land ...It doesn't sound like food ,I put mine down to environmental allergies ..and no one takes that seriously either even though many are sick .