Smoke Allergy
It is my understanding that people are not allergic to smoke, but smoke is an irritant.  If this is not true and people can be allergic to smoke,would they be allergic to smoke from fireplaces, campfires, burning brush, burning building smoke as well, or if it is true can they only be allergic to cigarette smoke and not the others.
I am allergic to tobacco smoke, I don't know if it the smoke or things in the smoke, but I have a severe reaction to even one inhalation of it. I am on a lot of medications to help with that as well. I do have a mild reaction to other types of smoke, such as fireplaces, and even cannabis smoke. SO tobacco is defiantly worse for me, but can't say for others.

Freddie
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Smoke can be an irritant and an allergen. And the composition depends on the source. Cigarette smoke contains carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane and nicotine are some of the major components. Minor components include acetone, acetylene, formaldehyde, propane, hydrogen cyanide, toluene, and many others. So, depending on the composition allergic reactions can develop.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
The info above is EXCELLENT!  My daughter got migraines from certain brands of smoke versus others and she has a formaldehyde sensitivity when it's used in fabric -- so we are guessing it's that component.  Luckily nowadays we have smoke-free environments and she's been great with her migraines.

C~