Allergy Community
Sneezing Odor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sneezing Odor

My husband has this terrible odor when he sneezes. It's hard to describe the smell. I guess sorta like nutmeg. It is offensive to me, Yet, he can not smell it. And when he sleeps he gets a drool with a light brown tinge that stains the pillowcases. Do you have any idea what this could be?

He does have a bit of a nasal sound when he talks.
Could be acid reflux, sometimes its silent so you dont even know you have it.
Don't know if you'll still catch this post, but I just found this forum this morning.
I think it's got something to do with post-nasal drip.  Anybody with sinus and/or allergy issues who already battles sinus-related problems on a somewhat regular basis probably has the same problem but hasn't noticed it.  I've smelled the same thing too -- from MYSELF -- when I've sneezed into the air (in the morning before I've even had a chance to rinse my mouth.  i know, gross).  The omnipresence of excessive mucus that is either sitting on the tongue (bad breath), trapped in the tonsils like little smelly white pebbles, and makes you constantly feel the urge to sniff because it feels like something is in the back of your throat ... likely have the same problem, but it mostly goes unnoticed.  If those same people drooled more... or drooled onto light colored pillowcases, they'd probably have the same brown-yellowish staining.
I know, because I woke up this morning and for the first time I noticed the staining on my own pillowcases, and it freaked me out (I am really anal about oral hygiene)... but then I remembered I've been waking up all this week with my usual allergy symptoms.  
my husband has been sneezing for a couple of days now and when he does it smells like a really strong nose spray(though he has not used any) and floral like. even the kids have noticed. was wondering if it could b a infection of some sort.
It's plaque on his teeth! He needs to go to the dentist for a major cleaning. Exactly the same thing happened with my hubby. His sneezes always stank and he would wake up with brown stuff in his mouth and on his pillow. The plaque on his teeth was causing his gums to swell and bleed and the infected smell was getting into his sinuses.