Sneezing after eating
Hi all this question is regarding my fiancé. He is 21 years old, healthy and in shape. He has mild spring seasonal allergies to various pollens and dust, but nothing too bothersome. Besides that he has been tested and has absolutely NO food allergies.

My question is if anybody knows why he sneezes after he eats. He will sneeze multiple times (3-7 times I would say) after every time he eats something. This happens year round and does decrease in frequency or severity with change of a) what he eats (again no food allergies) B) how much he eats: it occurs after both a snack or a full mean, or c) where he eats: at our apartment, at a restaurant, outside, inside, it doesn't matter.

I'm not really sure this is an allergy at all, but I figured this would be a good place to start.

Thank you,
Sara
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be an allergic reaction. The sneezing could be due to vasomotor rhinitis, in which the symptoms occur in response to a trigger, like eating spicy food or going outside in the cold.  The primary treatment is simply avoiding the things that trigger the symptoms. It is often treated with a drying nasal spray (like Atrovent) and antihistamines like chlopheneramine and lovatidine are effective. Nasal decongestant drops too relieve congestion. If symptoms worsen he should consult his doctor for evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.