Allergy Community
Sore Throat only on one side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sore Throat only on one side

I have had now for almost a week, sore throat pain.  It's only on the right side and when I swallow it feels like there is an abrasion or cut there.  When I feel around with my fingers on my neck, my glands on that side are tender.  What is this?  Should I be worried?  What can I do for some relief?  The other side is nothing, I don't feel bad/besides allergy stuff. It's only when I swallow.  Thanks for any help/advice

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

Do you have associated symptoms of fever, breathlessness, sinusitis or rhinitis? Is there any past or family history of allergic reactions? Do you have any symptoms of reflux, heartburn or GERD?

Have you tried any medications for your symptoms as yet? Have any investigations been done?

You need to consult your doctor for a proper clinical evaluation and to rule out  pharyngitis, tonsillitis and any allergies as the cause of your symptoms.

Till then you could try warm saline gargles or betadiene gargles, steam inhalation, oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.