Allergy Community
Soy Isoflavone Allergy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Soy Isoflavone Allergy?

Hello MedHelpers.

I am interested in taking a health supplement containing soy isoflavones, which is supposed to be good for hair, and I'm trying different things that will help combat my Male Pattern Baldness. Since I'm allergic to soy, I was wondering if it'd be a bad idea to take this supplement. Can you be allergic to just soy PROTEIN or can you be allergic to other components in soy?

Thanks alot :)
     It would be best to avoid any soy product containing the protein part or the other ingredients as allergy usually is developed to any component of soy especially the protein part. Also, while listing the ingredients not all components are mentioned by many manufacturers, so it is better to avoid taking soy supplements if you are allergic to soy. Best.