Allergy Community
Spermicide allergy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Spermicide allergy?

My boyfriend and I used a condom with spermicide for the first time. A few days later, he developed a red rash on his penis, scrotum and inner thigh.  He has had it for over a week... it is still very red.  He saw the NP at his doctors office, who prescribed Bactrim for an "infection", but it is making him sick.

Does anyone know if a spermicide allergy presents this way?  We also had unprotected sex later that night, and two nights later he used a new soap, which seemed to irritate him.  I will also post on the dermatology site, but wanted to know about the spermicide allergy.

Thanks!
Avatar n tn
have you also considered the possibility of a reaction to latex?