Allergy Community
Spider Bite

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Spider Bite

Ok I went to Florida a few months ago, I ended up in the Hospital down there (from Mass) on July 1st, I woke up that morning with a sharp pain running up my forearm, I felt dizzy, lightheaded, shaky, foggy, and felt very very sick to my stomach, I mean from head to toe I didn't feel right, now I thought I was having a heart attack or going to, anyway the hospital ran a bunch of test on me, and also did MRI and everything came back normal and the doctor said I got bit by a spider, I was a little skeptical, I did have a little red mark on my arm. Well they couldn't tell me what kind of spider and said there are a ton of spiders that can cause the symptoms I had, anyway I got my anti biotics took them, What I want to know is can spider bites have long term affects on the human body, the mark on my arm went away, it wasn't swollen at all. When back in Mass I went to a local hospital cause I still felt pain in my forearm, I got diagnosed with Tendonitis, which I'm not doubting I have, Can a spider cause you to get tendonitis in the area that was bitten.
-7 Comments Post a Comment
I had a spider bite at night in July of 2006 on the top of my wrist at my hand. It itched intensley for some days and the sore, which was the size of a normal insect bite with no discoloration except redness did not heal for 6 months. My thumb on that hand then became very painful in the second joint and mostly unusable as well as, to a lesser degree, my finger next to the little finger. The thumb completley healed but I now have severe pain and trigger finger on multiple fingers mainly on the bit hand but also on the other. Recently they seem to be improving and I hope they hesal like the thumb but to date I have found no MD with any definitive answers except the xrays show very good joint condition and the blood work shows no indication of infection.
I have always felt this was all tied into that unusual bite at night while I was sleeping but can't find any history on this type of situation.
Hope yours has healed in the last 6 mos. Let me know if you have learned anything.

The spider bite could have been the source of some toxin - which could cause swelling or inflammation at the site; this could also be superadded infection and/or inflammation of the tendon.

You need to apply local analgesic creams, take oral pain relief medications and consult your doctor about physical therapy if required.

Talk to your doctor whether hot fomentation or warm compresses would help with your symptoms.

Post us about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.