Steroids
What reactions do steriods shots have?

The most common side-effect of steroid shots is a 'cortisone flare,' a condition where the injected cortisone crystallizes and can cause a brief period of pain worse than before the shot. This usually lasts a day or two and is best treated by icing the injected area. Another common side-effect is whitening of the skin where the injection is given.This is also temporary.

Other side effects are infection of the site of injection and allergic reaction to betadiene used for sterilizing the skin. Because cortisone is a naturally occurring substance, true allergic responses to the injected substance do not occur.
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.
This can make you have a fever and turn bright red for hours, an ibuprofen will take care of that, it can cause insomnia a few days too
I recieved my second ever cortisone shot in knee. Zero pain getting the injection (I credit a good Dr.) 8 hours after the shot, I have a headache, again, and a low grade fever, again. 99.6. Not enough to keep me down, but just enough to make me mildly uncomfortable and aware.
I respectfully disagree with any doctors that say there is no side-effects from cortisone.