Allergy Community
Strange bumps on back of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Strange bumps on back of neck

Is it possible for my boyfriend to be allergic to me? Since we got together he has been getting painful looking bumps on the back of his neck. He has tried everything to heal them, but so far nothing is working. I was away from him for a weekend and his bumps are clearing up, they are practically gone. Could it be me? Could it be my hair products, make up?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash could be due to contact dermatitis, that is exposure to an irritant like a chemical or metal or anything he is allergic to, it can cause rash. It could also be due to impetigo or sometimes due to chickenpox. But to exactly pinpoint the pathology he will need to consult your  primary care physician who will examine him and may ask for blood tests. If the need arises he may refer him to a dermatologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.