Strange sudden rash around eye
I've had this rash for the past day and a half so far. It looks almost like a black and blue, but red and irritated. It was swollen before, and extends from below my eyebrow and beneath my eye. It doesn't hurt, barely itches, but I'm not quite sure why it suddenly appeared. I didn't get hit by anything. I did not eat any strange foods and I cannot locate a bug bite of any sort.

I tried taking a dose of Benadryl, and now I'm treating it with hydrocortizone.

The swelling went down a bit, but other than that, it's still there. Do you have any idea of what it could be?
If you also have a sensation that there is something in your eye, you may have a virus in the eye; I had the same symptom of the rash and then the eye irritation followed. I saw an optomologist wh has presecribed viral eye drops - Vyoptic.  The rash has subsided and the eye irritation is almost gone except for an irritation in the corner of my eye which the doctor says is caused by the medication itself.  Today, I had slight swelling both aboove and below the eye - I assume it is from the viral infection as well.  It is taking a long time to resolve, I have been on the meds for over two weeks now.

A proper clinical evaluation would be required for a confirmed diagnosis as nothing can be said with surety without looking at the lesions.

It could be an insect bite, an allergic reaction to some substance, some skin infection or some eye infection spreading to the surrounding skin.

Let us know what your doctor tells you and also how you are doing now.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.