Allergy Community
Stuffy nose extended to throat pain then kneck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

My 12 year old son can normally take a Clariton and his stuffy nose goes away with in hours. This time, things just started to build on top of this. The stuffy nose in the right nostril, soar throught and tenderness near the lymphnoid (I am sorry if I am not saying or spelling this right), and now his entire right side of his kneck is bothering him and he cannot move it. Is this a sinus infection?
Hi, welcome to the forum, there seems to be bacterial infection leading to sore throat. Even deep neck infections should be ruled out. If there is a neck stiffness then meningitis can be suspected which needs prompt treatment.

Firstly he needs empirical treatment with a course of broad spectrum antibiotic against prescription. Send blood or throat swab for culture and antibiotic sensitivity. Need to do antiseptic mouth gargle to take care of source of infection. Need to take NSAIDs for pain and to reduce inflammation. He also needs to go for antiseptic mouth gargle.

I suggest you to consult ENT specialist. Take care and regards.