Allergy Community
Stuffy nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Stuffy nose

I have had a stuffy nose for years and have used over the counter sprays and medicines such as Sudafed to help the stuffy nose especially at night.   I'm always getting sinus infections.   The ENT I go to didn't think much about the procedure 'Turbinate Coblation' when I asked him about it.    I also have 'Ring in the Ears' which I think has a lot to do with the sinuses.  Do you  have any suggestions of what medicine sprays etc. is best to take for the stuffy nose?   Thanks
     Stuffy nose can happen due to common cold, sinusitis, flu, allergies, vasomotor rhinitis or nasal polyps. You need to get a CT scan done for exact confirmation of the cause for congestion in your case. Depending upon the treatment varies. In case of sinusitis which is the common cause for stuffy nose if medical treatment fails endoscopic sinus surgery or balloon sinuplasty can be considered.

The coblation turbinate reduction treatment is performed using a specially designed device that shrinks the turbinates that become enlarged when the patient has a stuffy nose. This procedure provides immediate relief and has no side effects. You need to see a ENT specialist for further work up on confirmation of the cause and further assistance on mode of treatment. Best.