Sudden adult onset of food allergies? Specifically, chocolate. . .
Is it possible to develop a food allergy in adulthood that you have never experienced before?  I'm 32 years old and have recently developed unexplained head pain; a CAT scan showed nothing abnormal.

I had a 24-hour respite from the head pain and then it returned.  The only thing I could associate with the change was eating chocolate and can recall an increase in my chocolate consumption over the past two weeks.

Can an adult develop a food allergy from out of nowhere?

Thanks,
Kelly
Hi i am 36 years old i begin having allergic symptoms about 2.5 years ago. My doc put me on zyrtec D. i was always having runny nose itchy throat runny eyes and sometimes depending on what i would eat i'd itch all over and my body would begin flushing itself so i was constantly urinating and had diaarhea after each reaction i'd lose weight. In all ive lost 50lbs w/o trying. Ive had swollen lymph nodes. Swollen knees. Went to allergist year or so ago and had ***** test done and only shellfish shows as being an issue for me. Zyrtec was really strong so i switched to claritan D. I would finally like to say no more claritan. Not sure if any of you have looked into or heard of The ALCAT Test. Its a blood test they run a test with your blood on 200-400 differnt foods and chemicals. I cant eat wheat chicken,pork,black pepper, strawberries cashews, the list goes on nd on. This is the best test i could have ever taken. Was taking claitan d daily. After getting ALCAT results back. i no longer take claritan and my weight loss has stopped unless i slip up and eat something with wheat chicken pork,etc.What i want to know is what is causing this with people all of a sudden?
hi I'm not sure how old this thread is and I have never responded on one of these before I was wondering if you could send me your list of safe cosmetics? I have just started to react to all foods and have just realized it could be my cosmetics etc  as well. Would love your list!!!!!! Thankyou
hi I'm not sure how old this thread is and I have never responded on one of these before I was wondering if you could send me your list of safe cosmetics? I hope this goes through. It is like my body has turned on me and everything I eat makes my throat and mouth burn. Am going to see a specialist to start an ellimination diet. Sure hope I get results soon as I am starving lol It just occured to me that it could be my personal hygien products. Thankyou in advance!!!!
Am 45 and in the last two years have 'become'? allergic to dairy, peanuts and now chocolate!!!??? What the heck?!  Very frustrating!  Before discovering the dairy allergy, I had been to 3 drs for vertigo, ringing in ears and itchy ears---after research for something else, I experimented with cutting dairy out of diet & after 4 days my symptoms were gone!  I tested the result after a couple of months by eating dairy for 2 days and wahla!  Vertigo came back!   Is there a benifit to an official allergy test if I can conclude it on my own? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
You should try a light detox, and adding probiotics and eating a high-raw, macrobiotic diet. Sauerkraut, kombucha, coconut kefir, those are all great for healing your gut. A raw diet low in fruits and high in vegetables is all you should eat for a while. Heal your body from the inside with healthy, organic foods. You can also start juicing. Check out raw, juicing, detox books from the library. Try "Juicing for Life" by Cherie Calbom.
HI Shelley - I just read your post on medhelp and was wonder if you found a solution to this problem.  I have started having this problem as well.  I have problems with all types of food, medication, and vitamins.  I have been trying accupunture but now I am starting to have headaches when eating food that does not agree with me.  Any insight would be greatley appreciated.

Thank you,
Shelley
Try the Environmental Working Group for a list of safer cosmetics, personal products and cleaning products.  I had the same thing and had to go without makeup for a year and switched to all no fragrance and safter products for laundry and cleaning.  I have a fragrance free home, got rid of plastic items or anything with poly in it including clothing and went organic with my food.  It's a long road but worth it.  Good luck.
I've read a couple of your posts and wonder if you have ever been checked for Hashimoto?  It is a common thyroid disorder...and can sometimes be the cause of anxiety along with a myriad of non-specific complaints.  I realize it's been some time before the posting, but I am just researching some things for myself.  Hashimoto runs in my family, and I was tested for thyroid problems but now found out it is a different test possibly because it involves the parathyroid?  I will keep reading this post to see if you have any updates, but it is quite lengthy right now.
Hi My name is Laura, just read your post.  Can i ask how you  are doing with the treatment for "Leaky Gut" and rotation diet?
Hi my name is Laura, just read your post.  I would like to know how your treatment for "leaky gut" and rotation diet has been working for you.
Hi I sent a resquest to Allergy girl also, not sure how old the post is.  If you did get a list from her can you pass it on to me and many thanks if you can!
Shelly, I see your post was way back in 2008. If you get this, I'd love to know how you're doing. I was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 years ago and have been developing allergies and sensitivities to what feels like everything I eat. Most vegetables, caffeine, green tea, resveratrol, all the healthy stuff! I used to be able to eat anything. It's as if my immune system has gone haywire, and I'm guessing the cancer has played a big role in throwing it off.
I've read nearly all of the posts here because I've had some strange symptoms the last few months.  I've also experienced severe stress and anxiety, which I and my dr. feel are contributing to my symptoms.

The more I research into all of this, the more I am beginning to think that major things in our life contribute to our bodies becoming "off balance" and causing haywire symptoms we've never had before.

For instance, my dr. told me that peanut allergies are very rare in adults and are mostly something that first appears in children.  He told me I could do the food panel blood test, but many times you get false positives and I don't have the typical symptoms for food allergies that would warrant these tests (I wanted to do the test to reassure myself it was my anxiety and not a food allergy).  

I've mainly just had eye symptoms and twice ate peanut butter earlier in the day, but didn't have anything appear until 6-12 hours later and even then it was once a partially puffy eyelid and another time a bag under the other eye.  The first time was preceded by itchy eyes and my eyes at the time were very dry (due to seasonal allergies and stress).  However, I've had peanut butter in between those 2 episodes with nothing happening and have also had some eye puffiness at other times when I've not consumed peanuts.  The doc thinks it's just seasonal allergies and stress and I mostly do as well, but my anxiety makes me afraid of eating and trying the possibly offending foods in fear of a severe reaction (though I've never had one).  When I had the eye symptoms, I felt fine otherwise (so again, not consistent with food allergies).

However, reading about the leaky gut syndrome makes a lot of sense because when you are under severe stress, it also affects your intestinal flora, so this might be a case with me.  I know that anxiety can cause you to begin experiencing allergy symptoms you've never had before.  I like the idea of starting a probiotic again.  I was on a good one a few years back and felt fantastic.

I'm wondering if bringing our bodies back into balance isn't the answer.  Which also brings me to another wonder.  Some of you here are also in your 40's, as am I, and for me, I think the stress along with hormonal imbalances and changes might be causing these issues.  I think whenever your body is out of balance, it causes changes in the immune system and that causes all kinds of symptoms we wouldn't normally get.
I am 41 yrs old, and just diagnosed as allergic to everything except turkey, rice and potatoes.  I love food, and cooking - so I am hungry, and very frustrated.  It is hard for me to believe I can have so much trouble with foods I have enjoyed my whole life. Did I mention I love food and cooking?  Like many of you, I am a bit upset and suspicious of the USDA and other government agencies who must be allowing some new and bad stuff into the food. Now I am reading all this information about food and nutrition, and as some of you have noted, it makes you afraid of the grocery store. It is really difficult and also expensive to buy everything organic, but I am certainly trying, and much more aware. It is worse for me, since I have a spouse who also does not understand how this is all happening, and sometimes makes me feel like I am being a purposeful drama queen!  I am trying chinese medicine now, and everyone and everything I read indicates clean out the toxics.  Chinese herbalist said I could eat pork, so I ran to the store to buy some pork chops for dinner. (they were delicious!). No problem the next morning....but  about 15 hours after the meal, have a case of itchy hives developing! Taking probiotics, and some herbs for candida too..(chiropractor/healer told me I needed this, plus after a month of staph infections as a result of the hives....I have taken enough antibiotics to kill all the bacteria in my body for several lifetimes I suspect)I am soooo frustrated and sick of turkey! Want to be regular and be able to eat again!! Read a book that recommended exotic game, things I have never eaten and have no intolerance to. I have not yet taken the step of ordering rattlesnake, turtle and ostrich....but it just may come to that soon.  Has anyone out there developed all these allergies all at ounce as adults and then gotten better? Most things I read say when you get this as an adult, it tends to stick around. I am looking into the Ger son clinic therapy, but bet it is not cheap, and certainly not covered by insurance.  Making juice every hour and giving myself several coffee enamas a day dose not sound like something I can realistically adhere to either....  I dream of the day I can enjoy a surf and turf dinner again, without breaking into weepy dripping hives all over my face! Glad to have found this forum, where at least I can vent a bit with folks who understand what I am going through.
So sorry to read your post ... my daughter was similar to you when she was a toddler and outgrew it all but I realize you are an adult so that isn't too helpful other than I can relate .... All she could eat for a year was chicken and parsnips.  Being the outbreak is 15hrs after ingestion, has your allergist suggested that it's a delayed reaction? Is there a way to prevent it from happening if it's not necessarily IgE mediated .. or maybe it is .. I don't know.  Just a thought.

Do you carry an Epi Pen?

Is it possible you are allergic to milk? Caseine can be found in many meats and is used as sodium caseinate as a preservative in foods .

Perhaps your Dr will allow you a trial off all milk and soy, too.  Drinkig something like Rice Dream milk if you are allowed.  Give it a few weeks and see if anything improves.

Do you have GERD too?

Allergic Eosinophillic Esophagitis comes to mind with so many allergies ..

One other thought .. will your Dr allow low-dose of predinsone ??  Maybe ask about that to help keep things at bay to calm down so your body has a chance at reintroductions if your doctor will allow if deemed severely intolerant and not life threatenigly allergic which only your doctor can determine.

C~
a couple things . Adrenal Fatigue is completely overlooked. Doctors dont even know about it really, they just do a cortisol test, which is crap instead of a 24hr cortisol test. Adrenals run so much of your body and other glands like the hypothalamus, pituitary etc hormones galore. WHen they are fatigued, the adrenals, sleep goes bye bye, and all other symptons you stated happen as well. Dark under eyes , lack of sleep. There are some home testing you can do to see if your adrenals are fatigues. I can post them up here. Saw them on another forum on here. Look for NAET allergy treatment. THey treat the cause not the symptom and are very successful. Read about it. HOpefully there is a practitioner near you. They fully have helped me. http://www.naet.com/ Some bs western med pushers tried to bash it or a quack site but all the comments responding to the articles werer people who NAET had help and saved.
Doctors seem to be so knee jerk in treating symptoms with pharmaceuticals that the causes are never found. I could be a doctor without a degree! Environmental toxins, pharmaceutical side effects and the processed foods we eat are never acknowledged or identified by doctors. Doctors, today, are part of the problem, not part of the solution!  
OMG, I am in the same boat.  I am a complete foodie who reads cookbooks for fun.  Want to open a small restaurant someday.....I love to dine out and I love to cook.  I love food more than my husband.  I am 39yrs old
I have not been the same since I had MRSA 2x last year.  I don't know if it is connected with anything that has been happening to me.
I finally went to the dr and told him I have not been right.  Severe exhaustion like never before, major memory lapses (scary), severe leg/ankle joint pain, severe gastro problems, psoriasis out of control on scalp, poor color, bloating, dark circles under eyes, and nauseas and sick ALL the time.
GP said oh, maybe you have diabetes, maybe you have low b12, or maybe you're just depressed. He tested me, and no diabetes, b12 was low end of normal, and hell ya, who wouldn't be depressed.
Went to an OB/GYN/WomensHealth/Homeopath.  She diagnosed Adrenal Fatigue, and Leaky Gut...Took me off Gluten and Dairy, put me on Spirutein Soy smoothies, probiotics, and fish oil.  Tested me for Lyme (neg).....ran blood....everything came back low....cortisol, b12, d, hormones etc.
After a month of Gluten, and dairy (to a point, snuck some cheese) I never felt better in my life.  Face was not bloated, color was better, pains gone! A miracle....untill it wasn't I thought I was being contaminated everywhere I went.  I was getting sick again.  She ran the igG test on me, and it came back a 419, and allergic to 35 different foods.  All of a sudden, things I have felt my whole life and dismissed as something else, like the beginning feeling of a cold sore....NO, it was an allergic reaction.....Getting rid of gluten was like stepping on a hornets nest....now everything was highlighted and it was getting worse.  I ate a jello cup....my lips swelled, I got a rash under them, I got hives, my hands swelled, throat and nose itched like crazy.  I was scared.
I am afraid to eat...b/c I am reacting to things NOT ON THE LIST as well
I don't want to put food in my mouth....I wait to react.  I can't live like this.  The spirutein....that has pea protein...I'm allergic to pea.....
The killers....Chicken, Dairy (casein/whey), gluten, bakers and brewers yeasts, strawberries, rasberries, watermelon, pineapple, peaches, plums, onions, parsley, cilantro, vanilla, lemon, oats, bay leaves, cinamon, nutmeg, clams, oysters, POTATO, ICEBERG LETTUCE....WHAT IN THE WORLD....that's just to name a few....
What is happening to me?  WHY!!!!!????????
This all sounds to familiar. What i think took me down was "stress" hard stress over prolonged period of time. I probably was slightly intolerant of certain foods looking back now but nothing major. Without going into detail, this past year finally took me down. Losing millions, being a caretaker, getting out of shape first time in my life didnt help. I look back and see certain sensitivities (not knowing what they were but how i felt and how my stomach would blowup up) compared to always having my six pack.

Im a very emotional person in the sense that i "care" .. i care to much sometimes. Im a fixer, i find the problem and fix it and ive done that my whole life. When i finally saw the buildup of stress happening it was to late. From a breakup, to the loss of millions in my company, trying to take care and moving back in with parents to help my dad, i 'crashed". My friend wanted to take me out but i had no interest. i felt ugly, overweight and all i could think was how could i be going out when i need to get back on track , get into shape, take care of parents etc etc.. I DWELLLL. ITs the worst thing for anyone to do and my thoughts kept compounding.

THen it happened. Tried to have a drink or two and instead of say the next day being tired or little headache, barely after drinking 2 small alcohol drinks i had a headache and my gut was killing me. That was just the start. Now imagine, im already stressed, i have anger at many things, i have guilt, frustration, fearrrrrrr (is the big one) .. i go from having it all and taking care of things to what in the hell is going on. My "emotional" state and my CNS had had enough. I got sick. I rarely get sick but i got cold going around in January. After that things werent the same. I couldnt eat anythinggggggggggg wthout a reaction. I was scared to eat like many of you. i was popping benadryl like crazy but i need to differenciate allergic to tolerance. Mine or mostly mine werent immediate, they were delayed. Hours later or hour ..etc

I had standard blood tests and got tired of the telling me it was my "anxiety" which ive had my whole life, beat it the last 15 years but it came back a little with what has happened. I weighed 208, mind you, that is heavy for me , way to heavy for my in shape weight is 180. I wasnt eating and or "absorbing" nutrients. Its the worst feeling in the world. i felt out of touch, off balance, insecure, anxious, certain spots on my head would hurt , base of my skull like something was taking over. My weight went down to about 187 in a short period of time. I started to say i need to do somethign for now. Went to the local juicer guy and was doing juicers to stablize me while i tried to figure it out and deal with the inept doctors nowadays that have no lateral thinking except , find the symptom and give you meds to treat the symptom.

I was a healthy person most all my life. I want to know WHY, not the symptom but WHY and WHAT is happening. I said," dont give me that age thing" this hasnt happened before like this. Go look at forum dates. Its happening to many of us in our 30 and 40's. Hmmm why doesnt my parents have these issues. Sure my dad with all his ailments takes meds and i know by his stomach he is probably sensitive to some foods but they are both fine .

I watched to videos, they made all the sense in the world. We dont eat off the land anymore. We get shoved down our throats media and advertising all the foods and hmmm how good they are. How much msg, fake sugars, fillers, they add addictive ingredients (see why you like cheese so much) and the cycle keeps going and going. We were brought up when this took off and happened. Now, mix in the younger ones that are in their late 20's. They were born into this world of fake foods, additives, plastics, all the radio frequencies, computers, plasmas, phones etc.. add that to your system. Then add in the stress we all have and many ladies here have a load on them besides taking care of their husband but also have kids. Money issues..etc..

i had to search outside the box. Sure, ill get my blood test from my MD and say thank you and walk away. He isnt going to treat the problem , he doesnt know. You need to find a "functional medicine" practitioner. Many of these are MD's that believe in alternative ways and look for the problem to fix not the symptom. Diet is key. The "GUT" is where it all starts . The gut is so critical to everything . It makes the serotonin in the brain. Yep.. it works with all those glads, the pituitary, hypothalamus, thyroid and adrenals.. all of them.

We need to do a deep cleanze. Clear out the bowels through doing colon hydro therapy. Detox the liver , spleen, pancreas etc... so many "CHRONIC" illnesses can be cleaned up and even cured. So much has been suppressed on this its amazing because the pharma companies dont make money healing you , they make money when your doctor gives you a prescription. Sure, western med is needed, but the basics are the basics.

Needless to say, i got to the point where i had a nervous breakdown.I tried to control my thoughts but i kept dwelling and there was no positive to think about. I would shake, under nourished, major depression  andallt he signs. Bowel movements totally changed, my incredible horny sex drive completely downthe tubes (just speaking straight here) my skin waslooking horrible, sensitive to the sun andi never was before etc i thought ihad MS and symptoms of every damn disease.

a naturalist got me a little back on track with some basic food i could eat and whole food supplements and minerals. That saved me. Now, working on my mind is the biggest element. That can throw your rythums off so bad in your body its amazing. The cheap IGG and IGE test from the doctors officeshowed , get ready for this, i wasnt allergic to any food...WHATTTTTT.. i did haver a few enviromental sensitivities like cats and certain trees.

You need to get , on your own, the in depth IGG and IGE test. Were talking for food intolerance where they test over 150 foods. I found a couple places for inexpensive that do it without a doctors approval. Once i have that , and though im being treated by my NAET (you should look into that) she immediately looked at me the first time i went to her and said " emotional "... my emotions were playing on my organs.. no harmony. my cns took a crap. i told her i barely made it there. She didnt even treat me for food allergies andsaid it would take some time. Treated me for emotional allergies and then acupuncture. I felt much better leaving.

SO i will continueing to go to her and once i get that test back i will giveit to her. Now i had to find an "open minded" MD that practiced functional medicine. http://www.functionalmedicine.org/ click on functional medicine resources and find a practitioner near you. Make sure you look at what their specialty is. Some are dentist some are nutritionist but look for the MD's and Internal medicine doctors andif they have a website go to it. As an example, i was lucky and found dr. McCann http://www.drkellymccann.com/welcome.html . Read what she is and what she does and how thourgh she is. Look up dr. Hyman http://drhyman.com/ who is the director of IFM. Look at hispage and all the chronic , incurable diseases he has successfully treated. Watch the videos. Look up Dr. ****** on youtube. that is a big one...

....continued.. ran out of room.....
Point is that our bodies were made to heal themselves period. If we give our bodies the tools to get correct and heal, it can knock out cancers and immune system problems but you wont hear muchabout it because the ama and other governing bodies block it. One lady had the worst cancer of all. Went tothe mayo clinic and they said you have six months to live, get your finances in order etc..(personally how they did that to her i would haver hit them, no compassiona) She instead went to dr. ******'s therapy treatment. In short, she is alive and well today, went back to the doctor at mayo clinic and asked him to sign something stating that she was fully recovered and it wasnt with his treatment. He went to do it , the hospital called the police and police treated her like a terrorist. That doctor was so amazed at her recover and appauled by the hosptial he quit and wanted to help people that needed it without the restrictions.

Sorry this is long, but reading these boards i feel your pain. IT hastotally changed my life now and im on theway back. I finally will see my functional medicine doctor , get checked out right, work with my functional dentist ( very important you dont have bad tooth or teeth, major cause of illness) make sure i get mecury tested etc.. cleanout my body and soul, shed my skinas they say, and rebuild myself wth a from the earth type of eating which is what we were made to do not all this crap they shove down our throats.

I will keep you all updated but look around at some of those sites and what they are doing.Look  at the little girl dr. hyman helped... its amazing..

JP
All I can say to all the pain and confusion that everyone here is expressing is "I understand".  I never had allergies until 2 years ago (age 48) when I got lupus like flares and happen to find out they were triggered by gluten, alcohol and dairy, all of which I ate with impunity before.

My sister (who lives in another state) and I developed similar symptoms after a long emotionally stressful family event we came together to help with. My flares have gone away with behavioral changes but hers have progressed to include neurological implications.  

We have both had loads of tests from IM's, Rheumatologists, Gastroenterologists etc. Ruled out Celiacs, Crones, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, candida.  Both our sedimentation rates and body inflammation markers are high. I think what I am doing is making the difference between my symptoms becoming more like hers but of course I can not be sure.  It is extreme but it might help someone if I describe what I've found to be important so here goes:

I'm eating a mostly organic, vegan diet and slowly losing the extra weight I've been carrying. I do have 2-4 small servings of lean organic meat on the weekends but make sure I get 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of beans every day.  I've stopped eating sugar, saturated fats, white and any other processed foods, chocolate (I sometimes have carob when I'm desperate). I no longer drink any alcohol, nor eat any wheat, barley or oats as they trigger the lupus like episodes in me. I even only eat whole grains (quinoa, teff, millet) sparingly trying to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. No dairy or soy though I do drink unsweetened almond milk regularly as it doesn't cause me any problems. (just as much calcium). Mostly I eat vegetables and fruits.  I rarely eat out, make my own lunches and big batches of soup, or one pot meals to put in the freezer to reheat for lunches and dinners.  I try to have at least one big green vegi salad each day (with balsamic, wine, or cider vinegar and pepper for dressings). I try to eat half my vegetables raw and half cooked every day.

I also have rid my life of as many environmental toxins as possible.  I've changed all my personal care products, cleaners or anything that might contain any toxins over to the least toxic versions.  I don't wear perfume, use vinegar and castile soap to make and use unscented products anywhere I absolutely have to buy something.  We don't eat canned goods, I have learned to can my own soups, stews, beans etc. It's taken me a couple of years to make all the changes and I am still coming across things I need to find replacements for but it has all been worth it.

I know all of this sounds extreme but it does seem to be helping me and my sedimentation rate has dropped from 50 to 40 (30 and below are normal). The upside is not only have I not had a return of the lupus like episodes which were really painful and lasted several weeks but it really helps in losing weight.

I don't know if this will help anyone out there but I hope it will encourage you all to keep trying.  Go back to eating and living more like your great grand parents and it may help.  If they could do it we can too. And if it makes us healthier and happier isn't that really the goal?
Good luck to all of you.
Wow, I've just read all of these comments and I truly understand and sympathize with everyone here.  I am a type I diabetic since I was a child (sudden onset  2 days after my first dental filling!) Toxicity and metals will alter your central nervous system and immune function!! Our entire food/water supply is contaminated and the air you breathe is also contaminated with various chemicals that your immune system reacts and adapts to on a daily basis. You all have inflammation and every cell of your bodies has receptors for cytokines/histamines/hormones etc.  You have UP-regulated those receptor sites and you're all SUPER duper sensitive and reacting to everything. It seems like a runaway process...
Let me tell you something your doctor will never tell you EVER.  Ready for this??   If you drink your morning urine it can DOWN REGULATE all these receptors that are making you overreactive.
read about this...they did this 100 year ago to kids with autoimmunities and asthma, etc. It calms your immune system. It's a way of inducing self-tolerance.   I want all of you to research this. If you tell your doctors you are doing it you will be straight up laughed at, -I was!...until my bloodwork came back and my glycohemoglobin went from a 7.6 to a 6.5 in 3 months! (In the past 2 years it's never been below 7.2 and a normal non-diabetic reading is between 4-6!)  Remember, I'm not a fat Type 2 diabetic, I'm an athletic, healthy, 130 lb, straight up autoimmune, longstanding Type I).
I know it sounds gross, but if it helps, and if you get better do you care?  Hold your nose and drink it, first thing in the morning. Wait 30 mins before eating any food.
...if little old guys in china who are 120 and look like they're 50 can do it, I figured I could too.  I have the same problems as all of you.  Incredibly allergic to wheat and dairy, nuts, chocolate, bananas, alcohol.  Major hypersensitivities, couldn't eat a damn thing. And now that I"ve  eliminated everything that was causing reactions, whenever I DO get exposed to something I can immediately feel it. Inflammation, raised blood sugars, cramps, bloating..the works.  I eat a much simpler diet now and take massive amounts of food grade vitamin C (not the ascorbic acid crap...take raw camu camu powder) ...start detoxing yourselves.  
Humans are not supposed to eat grains and dairy milk. Do you want to be fat like a cow???? No, eat meats and veggies.  Your body can heal itself and your urine is a living/structured food that is perfectly tailored to you. It's a way of self vaccination.  No one else is going to heal you.  Pay attention to your body...it's telling you something. the FDA is not paid to heal or protect you, nor is the medical industry.
Good luck and be strong everybody!
Antibiotics kill our stomachs system

Simply get a poo transplant .. Yes honest there is a guy here in the UK gives you a poo transplant from a normal healthy person and all goes back to normal.

Don't take antibiotics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy
see your doctor, you may be experiencing a thyroid problem....problably low thyroid.     People do not realize how much is affected in the body when the thyroid is not functioning properly.  I have had this issue and it does take time to get regulated again.  My recommendation is to see an endocronologist who's specialty is the endoctrine system.  The sooner you do this the better.
I have to ask you guys a question. I am 46 years old and had only a mild allergic reaction to peach when i was a child(hives).
This year i had a flu shot at CVS  two week ago and half an hour after i felt warm , kind of hot flashes  then my throat started to feel  tight. I had a rapid heart rate not too bad but rapid. I started to panic. I was  at Target so I went  to the bathroom to check myself if i have any rash , hives, or swelling and No I didn't hqve any of those ,  no itchy feeling at all. The only symptom i had was tight throat but I was  able to  breath  normal no breathing problems, i drank water i swallowed well.
I went to the  pharmacist and told her what happened and asked  her to check my throat if it is closing? She looked and said she didn't see  anything abnormal my ways were open. I then thought may be this is anxiety, i took
0. 25 mg of Xanax and my throat stabilized and went back to normal slowly in half an hour. Same night i had chills but that was it. Inwas feeling normal. 8 days after i felt like a thumb is pushing to my throat continiusly my mouth was watery saliva  all the time. I was breathing normal and swallowing normal. When i ate and drank water choking feeling went away and came back with in ten minutes again Two days i felt like that. It was a weekend somI could nit go to my doctor butbsent him a text.I finally heard from the doctor  He said that it could be reflux and told me to try Pepcid Control and also added that it could be from my anxiety panic disorder so told me to take Xanax too  I took a very little amount of PepcidControl and i felt way better. I took in the afternoon  again and it reversed Same night i took Xanax and went to sleep. Next day i woke  up without any symptoms. My doctor does not think that this is an allergic reaction but he also put in hisnrcirds that i had thisnreaction after the flu vaccine.  But since then I am terrified to eat  anything. Could throat tightenng without any other symptoms be anapylaxis shock? Or is it really reflux or my panic disorder made  me feel  like this. my doctor didn't think that i could be allergies but h said he put a note to my rcirds that i had this throat tightening b an allergic reaction! I also think that i had coffee after the flu vaccine and when i felt i was choking a week after. Could throat tightening without any other symptoms be an allergic reaction to coffee?  Should i make an appointment to a specialist? Please help me I have panic disorder. I haven't ate much over the last two weeks. Scearred.
These are all things that when we read them, we think, no, no NO!  I don't want to be allergic to anything.  First it was shrimp (anaphylactic) , then wheat (sinus), and most recently, almonds after eating them my whole life.  I stayed nauseated almost continually for 2 months, had tests run, doctor visits, no clues until I stumbled onto a site similar to this.  On just a hunch (actually I prayed for wisdom to discern what was causing the problem), I gave up almonds and almond milk and was completely symptom free within a day and a half.  Now a month later, the nausea is back with a vengeance and I'm back to process-of-elimination.  On one hand, we want to know the truth so that we can fix it, but on the other, it's scary because you don't want to be told you're allergic to one of your very favorite foods.  They say there's no cure for a food allergy, but I wish there were...people weren't always like this years ago.  I read some of your horror stories about suddenly becoming allergic to EVERYTHING.  I don't want that to happen to me!  Was up nauseated most of last night and itching all over...and I eat healthy foods, so whatever I have to eliminate will be something full of vitamins, minerals, fiber.  :(
i feel the same way, from the 6 panels that i have done i am only not allergic to eggplant, corn, chicken, and pork.
i have not found a protein shake that i can have that doesnt have milk soy whey rice in it, have you found anything?
i can not have wheat or pretty much any grain i am on 25 and i am sooo beyond frustrated and depressed,
I had that problem too. I started when I was on steriods and everything I ate was making me sick. I was having atypical migraines with visual disturbances and finally realized some of the migraines were due to eating preservatives and certain foods I was sensitive too. If you stay away and build up your immune system, that will help.  Also, check into the intrinsic factor, that was what I think causes my food allergies.
I just recently experienced the food allergies and they get worse by the day! I have always been in tune with my body and remember my naturopath telling me I had a inflamed gut which I thought we treated but due to stress, caffeine, alcohol and etc I believe it has flared up again! It is called leaky gut syndrome aka a lot of symptoms can tie in to this! Google it, here is one website that just briefly goes over it.
http://www.treatleakygut.net/leaky-gut-syndrome-symptoms/
and look up ways to treat leaky gut syndrome. I am in the process of the nutritional aspects of it and plan on using massage therapy and chiropractor and possibly acupuncture to help cool down the immune system and gut! Good luck everybody!
have u been tested for lyme disease? sounds like all symptoms are related
you need an MD trained in "functional/integrative medicine. They go for the cause not the symptom. Doctors treat symtpoms not the problem, because they arent trained that way.

Dr. Hyman .. go to his website. CLick on the disease and look what he has cured, fixed and or made much much better. YOu will be educated on so may things. He is part of the board of the institute of functional medicine. Go to that site.. at the top is a navigation bar. Click on until you can find the  ' Find a functional medicine doctor in your area" . Then, make sure when looking for someone they are MD, Internal Medicine , Family Practice and have an MD next to their name. Then find one that has a webpage. It will be there. IF they dont, go to the next one. They changed my life.
I too have had sudden onset of food and environmental allergies. I have been to see gp after gp allergist and so on I'm fed up. I too am ending up in the er and having to have shots of adrenalin I can't find the common denominator. With me the severe migraines started after having my first child then after having my second child and half my thyroid removed the allergic reactions started only then they kept telling me they were anxiety attacks that was 5 years ago and every day has been a constant battle. Only 1 year ago I found out they were allergies. I too am now too scared to step outside and live and don't know what else to try my doctor is starting to make me feel like an idiot because I'm demanding to see another specialist but he has no idea to send me to. The scratch and allergy test determined that I had a lot of allergies but in my mindset I'm seeing that a lot of these comments are from women and after giving birth with that and my other symptoms i strongly feel that it hormonal or something is causing these symptom and I can't shake the feeling that there is an underlying cause I'm not expecting a miracle cure but not knowing what's wrong with me is literally driving me crazy to the point of suicide. I feel like I'm in this on my own and the people around don't understand the severity of all this. I live in a small town and my funds are running low I need any suggestions I can get I'm disparate plz help me.
I've had similar problems, and I have yet to really pinpoint the cause. However, it turns out that I'm HEAVILY deficient in Vitamin D (5 ng/ml).

I just started supplementing my vitamin D. In order to enhance it, I was told to take Magnesium too (200 or 200x2 daily).

As it turns out, whenever I take the magnesium, my strange allergies

** This might not be your problem ** but anyone who posted here and who has done all the other tests should look into Vitamin D deficiency and/or magnesium deficiency.

Also, B12 deficiency could indicate intrinsic factor issues with your stomach (my B12 is fine though).
Oops!

I meant to write:

As it turns out, whenever I take the magnesium, my strange allergies become much milder.

I'm still wondering if it's connected to the vitamin D deficiency. I've only started supplementing 5 days ago, and it supposedly takes months to get better.

I'll try and remember to come back here and post after a few months!
I agree with you....I am allergic to almost everything.  It has been a nightmare on one hand but a relief on the other....for years they said I had Lupus or an Auto-Immune disorder....the Allergist told me not to come back that I was allergic to everything he tested me for....food mostly. I am celiac, allergic to peanuts, all root vegetables like carrots and potatoes, melons, except watermelon, bananas, soy, lemons and oranges, etc....I ate all of these things growing up and I wasn't allergic to anything. I can eat meat, most milk products, rice, berries, green beans, but no peas or beans...which means no humus...it is a living nightmare on some levels.  I believe it is the GMO's and the deliberate manipulation of food from changing DNA to Pesticides to adding more gluten to flour.  Everyday I must take benadryl just to be out in the world.  I can't go to restaurants and I only eat organic free of peanuts, wheat, soy....etc....Supplementation is the way to go...magnesium, Vit D, all B vitamins, coconut oil, etc.....I ate peanut butter all my life and now if I smell it it can kill me!  Epi Pens everywhere!!!!
i'm in similar boat. i'm around 32 as well and recently got hit with mild gi issues and food allergy.  i also feel strong suspicion on gmos.  i feel better with organic soy, beef,etc . i strictly stick with organics as i had some unpleasant discomfort with non-organics and use caution for trying new foods.

but i also developed allergy to some food regardless organic or not such as egg, brocolli, apple just to name a few, which is weird considering i never had problems with these before.

gmo makers secretly putting them in our food supply is very evil. i earnestly hope those evil bastards get what they deserve for such injustice.

in the meantime, i'm investigating cure with my family doctor and specialists.

Its going to be difficult unless you have a functional medicine MD. They know the extensive test beyond standard MD's . Standard MD's aren't taught these things and don't have specialties in many other areas. Their IGG IGA IGM tests pale in comparison to outside labs they don't even know about. You can order "certain" labs yourself and pay online and the results sent to your doctor but not sure they will know what to do. Find a functional medicine doctor, an MD or internal medicine at the functional medicine website . There is a drop down to choose from. I agree with you on the crap being put into our foods. Soy isn't as great as some may think. There are many other reason why this has happened, trust me I know. Tests like Neuro Science test , Geno test to name a couple make all the difference in the world. Food now compared to 10 20 etc years ago just isn't the same.
Hi everyone,  Here's something different to think about : Electro-pollution can cause a lot of symptoms.  Try unplugging all appliances in the bedroom, try turning off wifi (at the router too!), turn off the cordless phone - or even better replace it with a corded phone, even try turning off as much of the household power circuits as you can overnight at least.  Make sure you don't live close to a cell phone tower.
Electric fields, magnetic fields, dirty electricity and high frequency microwave radiation can cause a lot of unwellness.
I am finding that I can no longer eat chocolate (and I love chocolate!), smoked salmon, Thai food and some other things - still working it out - I get pain in my head and sinuses and feel nauseaus.  I do notice that having a good 'environment' in the house is helpful to me.
this sounds a bit extreme. i don't know if this is meant to be helpful or a mockery or others with health problem.

no tv, no computers, no sex too eh?  asking a little too much aren't we?
mockery? She wasn't, she was stating facts. I grew up with no technology, advent of the internet , pagers and then cell phones. People don't understand what WIFI and EMF frequencies do to people. There are people that have become so sensitive that they have moved out of certain areas.

I'm not allergic but iam sensitive. Your router or modem/router combo, which is common, puts out a ton of EMF and WIFI. Here is a site that talks about dirty electricity and situations that are happening. You can always click to the main page, this is going directly to the research page.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Its not about getting rid of all of it, but we didn't or technology tolerance isn't in our genes, any of us. Thousands of years none of it existed, like there were no refrigerators or food cabinets but now were stock up with them. Its balance. Limit the amount of LCD's, plasmas, xbox, ps2, cell phones, routers, modems, notebooks, etc , in a single room. In one room, I had a plasma, notebook, cell phone, computer and the router until I moved the router. I would leave everything off unless I used it and it did make a difference.

JP

Hey all. I started getting tummy troubles about 10 years ago n found out I was gluten intolerant so I did a gluten free diet which helped.  But then I started getting sick all the time which caused anxiety and depression. I went through psychologists and medication which I didn't like so I tried a natropath. Anyway I ended up googling (not the best idea but I was desperate) found the candida diet n ssymptoms of which I had 90% of them.  This diet is very strict and you need strobg probiotics but after a few weeks I began ferling normal then a majority of my symptoms went including my anxiety. I have strayed a bit as hard to stick to but I have changed my diet alot. You will lose weight though and feel yucky during the detox. But the only thing is now im getting face rashes that burn and itch so no doubt im allergic to something else. Good luck to everyone :)
hi, hungry101,
how long did you have to wait for your test referral?

my gp said he would send me & I forgot to ask how long it would take I was so thankful...

im literally scared to eat anything at the moment, :(

im 38 & a tin of chick peas seems to have ended my world... im now reacting to anything & everything..
Wow, I'm glad to find someone else in the same boat as me, not that it's a good boat to be in.

I'm also allergic to soy, all legumes, all nuts, oat. wheat, etc. all fruit and berries except blue berries, and can only really eat broccoli, kale, spinach, sweet potato and lettuce on the vegetable spectrum. i've also found that I get a strange tingling sensation and often develop painful spots on my face after eating sheep or goat related things.

My allergist discovered that I'm basically intolerant of things related to birch and grasses, but did not do anything to help me cope with this information. I actually became MORE sensitive after the test, as it introduced all of these things into my blood stream at once.

i'm struggling as well, gain weight really quickly, and feel a swelling in m throat and just overall puffiness as you mentioned. I'm going to try my best again to stay away from these foods, but with such a long list it's really difficult to get adequate nutrition.

I wanted to mention that people should be careful about vitamins and supplements they may take as well, soy and other foods are lurking in a lot of them.

Glycerine and Vitamin E is also derived ( 90% of the time) from soy, so be careful of skin care products and cough syrups as well.
I've been wondering about a thyroid disorder as well, had it checked a couple of years ago, and it came back normal.

Would you be able to give a little insight about what questions to ask or what to tell the doctor? What were your symptoms, and how did it improve? was it felt immediately after going on meds? do you take any supplements?  I don't have a GP and usually go to a walk-in clinic, where they aren't the best at diagnostics.
Hi Deb,
I have a very similar story as your daughter, got diagnosed with a huge list of allergies and have had a hard journey not only finding foods, but skincare that I can use as well.  I would spend so much money and have everything give me acne or rashes.... not fun. Anyway, if you want to look into it, there is a lady who makes allergen safe natural skin care products in Canada, her whole thing is "minimal ingredients for maximum benefit" and is great with consultations and customizing products you might want to try. RitualistSkincare.Etsy.com I think she has a history of allergies too, so she's pretty aware of what goes into her products.
I have similar symptoms to you, and have been scared to try immunotherapy in fear of developing a reaction. Do you think it may be the shots that are making you feel ill even after avoiding these foods? I'm just wondering, because I know that the shots do contain small amount of allergens - that's how they try to desensitize you
Have you found out any more about your condition? I was going to suggest a birch allergy - it cross reacts with a LOT of foods, I think all of the ones you mentioned. I'm curious to learn if you  have found a good way of dealing with it yet, I could use the tips.
Sh3ll, I just posted this to someone else, but have you tried Ritualist Skincare?  It's a natural line and the lady is very aware of what goes into her products, and is also willing to customize to suit specific needs if you message her. I think all her stuff is soy and gluten free, check it out. www.ritualistskincare.etsy.com She adds new things frequently as well, really hoping a soy free shampoo is next on the list!
I waited 5 months :(
Hi Kelly, just quick question, a relative of mine also developed an allergy to chocolate, she is in her 80's and now gets severe migraines if she consumes anything chocolate, or chocolate related, including chocolate icing etc.... she told me that she never had it until she received her flu jab. I see you posted this in 2007 and the flu jab wasn't so prevalent then so its a long shot....but thought I'd ask anyway.

Sarah