Allergy Community
Sudden adult onset of food allergies? Specifically, chocolate. . .

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Is it possible to develop a food allergy in adulthood that you have never experienced before?  I'm 32 years old and have recently developed unexplained head pain; a CAT scan showed nothing abnormal.

I had a 24-hour respite from the head pain and then it returned.  The only thing I could associate with the change was eating chocolate and can recall an increase in my chocolate consumption over the past two weeks.

Can an adult develop a food allergy from out of nowhere?

Thanks,
Kelly
I am 39 and just found out I am allergic to a variety of things I was never allergic to before - and one of them is chocolate! I had all the 'testing' done by an allergist as well as had BioMeridian testing done which confirmed everthing (and more!) They do say that when your Immune system runs low you can become more allergic to items...As you may read on some threads here - mine started with a severe allergic reaction to Blood Pressure meds...now, foods and household cleaners...it's almost mind-boggling to me! I hope you start to feel better.  Everyone reacts differently when allergic to foods etc...I get an all over body itch! ((I think I'd prefer a headache!))
Hi, I found out I had Melanoma skin cancer when I was 26 and shortly after found out that i am now VERY allergic to all dairy, tomatos, soy, and wine/grapes.  I am now 28 and I keep adding food to my allergy list.  I can not find an explanation to why this is happening to me.  It seams to be all of a sudden.  I have been tested for Crohn's disease, Addisons, and a huge amount of other disorders and illnesses.  My doctors guessed I had IBS and Fibromyalgia.  I have since tried a variety of medications for Fibro and am now off everything and I am having no pain, but me food allergies keep getting worse, no matter how many pills I take or acupunctures I get.  Does anyone know about studies done about sudden adult onset of allergies?  I have litterally lost 20 lbs in 6 months because I am having trouble finding things that don't make me sick!  At 104 lbs, I can't afford to lose any more! Please help!

Shelly
i have much in common with you -i'm 61 years old and have no real health isssues otherwise-i started acidolpylus(sp) and it reversed the weight loss for now--also take alpha lipoic acid (ala) and can't honestly say that it makes a difference-i have expiereinced burning mouth syndrome and depression which i believe is assosiated with chronic pain dr is puzzeled and i don't know what to do next

hope you get better
I suggest you might google candida as it can cause a variety of symptoms (IBS, burning mouth, depression) and even create food allergies as your absorbtion of food is messed up by the fungal overgrowth; basically causes leaky gut.  Also might look into Celiacs Disease, which is basically an allergy to gluten.  This allergy alot of times doesn't develop or at least doesn't show symptoms until adulthood.  And it can create allergies or intollerances to other foods basically by leaky gut again.

Either of these could be a possibility, but just something for you to look into.
i am currently undergoing allergy testing for sudden onset of allergy symptoms with every food but some veggies and nuts. i feel like i am going crazy and my dr. has threatened a feeding tube and suspects an eating disorder. i have lost 10 lbs already and am struggling to get through each day feeling hungry, weak and exhausted. i am afraid to eat food alone for fear the allergy attack will be severe. i am playing the waiting game right now hoping i am not hospitalized before the tests/answers come back. i, too, suspect candida could be the original cause, but my dr. is not exploring that possibility at all. i am very fearful of losing more weight, although at 132 i have a little more wiggle room than you. i am praying for a quick answer so that i can expand  my food choices beyond veggies...i am so hungry!
Hey all, I am having the same issues. i got really sick back in Nov 2006 and I still feel sick. I learned recently that im allergic to almost everything now. Food allergies run in my family but i never had them prior to my illness. I am very allergic (IGE) to wheat and milk, and soy and now sunflower seeds also. I had a high IGG (delayed reaction) to several other foods as well. Im miserable, Its not the food...but i have been free of all of these foods for 1 month now and im still feeling very ill. Swelling in hands, and nausia and fatugie and fullness in my throat. I also get a burning sensation on my ribs occassionally...like the skin hurts to touch. Im not sure what happened but i just want to feel 28 years old and be like everyone else again.  I also found out that i have borderline osetoperosis through a Dexa scan. If anyone has any ideas I would appriciate your help. P.S. I am also now doing allergy shots for the environmental allergies 3 times a week.
Hi!  When I was 25 I developed a severe allergy to soy and was hospitalized for the asthma that it gave me.  This came upon after I realized my chronic sinusitis was linked to cow's milk - so I switched all my dairy to soy products.  While I did research to completely re-define my diet, I started with a meal replacement shake that I found, that was entirely natural, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and soo healthy.. (PureTrim: www.feelgreat.awarenesslife.com).  I figured why not lose some of the 60 extra pounds I was carrying in the meantime.  as I became more aware of my body and health, I realized that my digestion, pms, exzema (eczema) and fatigue were also completely related to my diet.  I found out that I did have candida (mentioned above) and had to bite the bullet and finally become healthy.  My sweet tooth and habit of eating starches and enjoying moderate alchohol with my friends had to go.  Now, I find that a cookie here or there, or a drink every now and again are finally tolerable to my system.  I figured out what my limits are and am happy to have a healthy system.  I lost all 60lbs and am naturally inclined to use my body more during the day. I still have a PureTrim shake for breakfast a few times during the week because they refresh me so much and help moderate all the natural bacteria.  What I found out through all my research/health revolution, was that these allergies develop because there is usually a backlog of toxins in your gut that just make these substances eventually intolerable.  There are some products on the market for candida but I've found it really doesn't moderate until you change your diet anyway.  You can be stuck taking expensive powders or drugs forever and still have an outbreak of candida once you try to stop.  Hope something of all this helps some of you, thanks for your ear!!  ~b
Can you eat turkey, lamb, chicken, fish, veggies, potatoes--my saving grace-- just microwave a potato (sweet or plain) whenever I'm at the point of starving: I too, suffer from myriad food allergies, amongst other things. I have devised ways to work around the allergies; but don't eat the same things every day, or you will develop intolerances to the few items you are still able to tolerate: A grated cucumber salad with garlic and oil and sea salt for dressing; sometimes I add grated red peppers; I used quinoa for a while--both as a cereal and as flour for muffins--which I made myself; if you post a new comment letting me know what you can eat (veggies, proteins, coconut milk, etc. and if there are any flours that you can tolerate, I may be able to put together a few quickie recipes for you: In the past 10 years I have lost nearly 30 lbs from adult onsset allergies. I nearly went nuts from hunger and near fainting spells and paranoia.
My apologies: did not notice that you said all foods except for some veggies and nuts. That makes it a lot harder to work around. Your doctor should really try harder to find out if Candida is a factor. I went through the same sceanario almost as bad and some time later developed thrush which I keep at bay by not eating any sugars plus a whole lot of fruit and acids and alcohol: to this day my doctor still has not investigated the cause; he just keeps sending me to the same allergist, who does the same tests over and over, and tells me to just stay away from the foods that I am allergic to--which is almost everything. Good for me that I pray a lot or I'd be a total nutcase. I just keep trying everything from acidophilus to caprilic acid--the whole gamut. I'm still hoping it--this situation--will go away, the same way it  popped up out of nowhere.
You can develop allergies at any point in life without having had a prior history.
In your case the head ache could be due to migraine triggered off by chocolate.
Phenylethylamine, theobromine and caffeine are chemical triggers present in chocolate. They may cause a headache by altering the cerebral blood flow.
Also it could be due to an allergic re-action to caffeine in the chocolate.
Question: My adult daughter -- who has never had allergies has begun developing severe anaphylaxis type food allergies. Each week or so her list grows. I am wondering if a hormone change, caused by the birth of her daughter nine months ago, and breast feeding could trigger this. She had a scratch test done, but the doc said her skin was so sensitive that he wanted to do the blood test. She is allergic to: tomato, garlic, rosemary, beef, pork, shellfish, soy, peanuts, onion and probably a few things I am forgetting. Twice in the last six weeks she has ended up in the ER with some newly disovered food allergy. Any guidance?

Thanks for any help.
Deborah

There are so many women out there who have experienced illness after childbirth.

If you would like, I can send you some information on things that I have found to be helpful for me. (I have immune dysfunction and as a result... numerous allergies) Let me know and I can zip the info to your inbox ASAP.

Best,

PlateletGal
I am 24 years old and have developed many food allergies all at once (onion, garlic, wheat, soy, shrimp, salmon, peppers, I can't eat anything from a can because of the nickel content and I can't eat anything related to onion such as asparagus, leeks, etc.)  I have been eating very little since I was diagnosed in April, and I haven't lost any weight, I've gained weight!  I'm really worried, I'm only eating about 1200 calories a day, and I weigh 260 lbs.  My neck and head hurt all the time, I'm swollen like a balloon, my vision has changed, my anxiety levels are through the roof, my environmental allergies have become so severe.  I'm trying to take allergy shots for the environmental allergies, but even when they diluted the first bottle of serum, I still had a reaction to the first dose.  I've seen an endocrinologist, my primary care doctor, my allergist, and none of them have any answers.  They keep taking blood, and all of the results come back normal.  The endocrinologist told me to cut back on bread, and I just wanted to scream at him I CAN'T EAT BREAD!!  I am desperate for an answer.  Does anyone know of anything that could be causing this?
I noticed that your daughter is allergic to soy, onion, and garlic like I am.  I'm not sure what triggered her allergies, but I have learned the hard way that there are some other things that she needs to avoid with these allergies.  Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin E (in most skin care products), and anything in a cosmetic product marked "Vegetable ..." is more than likely derived from soy.  She'll want to check her shampoo, conditioner, makeup, deodorant, etc.  I know that I had a horrible time until discovered this.  If her reaction to onion and garlic is also severe she'll probably want to avoid things that are related to it.  Such as asparagus, leeks, shallots, chives, aloe, lilies, etc.  I also have found that when someone eats onion and garlic and they sweat it out of their skin, if they touch me or I touch something they have touched, I have a reaction.  This includes things like ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, etc. Have they tried an elimination diet for her?  She should talk to her allergist about it.  If she needs a list of safe cosmetic or food products, I'd be happy to send you a list of what I have found that I can use.  I hope they figure her allergies out soon.
I have been diagnosed with allergies to 92 common foods including pineapple, grapefruit, rice & corn. When you know you have a gluten & dairy intolerance as well that causes IBS it really doesnt leave me much to chew on, does it.?
However we now buy quinoa in bulk because its a life saver for me as I`m not keen on buckwheat.
  I was getting away with a couple of beers before dinner, a glass of red wine, & sometimes dark chocolate to replace dessert, but now I get a terrible legs & body itch about 2 hours after that I always need to scratch. The end result is usually blood running down my lower legs !  Tonight I had neither wine or chocolate & the symptoms have not occurred.
Now I have to find out the culprit & pray its not both!!

Wow, what similar symptoms! All that's missing from me is Seizures, but some of yours give a rememberance of my symptoms of simple partial seizures in the early stages, such as vision changes, irritablity, brain fog. I eventually went into a full grand mal seizure after 3 yearsa of dealing with "dizzy spell" seizures (simple partial)

reactive EBV, Elev LFTs, seizures, hair, weight loss, thyroid nodules, light stool

I have all of the above symptoms plus a strange hive like rash that comes and goes. I took dairy and wheat out of my diet and have seen marked improvement in seizure activity, stool color, uirine color and rash, and a complete turn around in weight loss and noticed hair regrowth. Not really any symptoms of CFS, but sometimes just need to take a 2 hour nap, especailly after physical activity.

History:
8 years ago - Extreme fatigue with RS pain during first pregnancy
5 years ago - "dizzy spells" later found out to be simple partial (petit mal) seizures Elev LFTs found
3 years ago - second child born more "dizzy spells," notice soy increases incidence of "dizzy spells" cut out soy
2 years ago - third child born "dizzy spells (seizures)," 125 lb. weight loss starts and goes over next 11 months, hair starts falling out
7 months ago - First grand mal seizure, "dizzy spells" finally diagnosed as petit mal (simple partial) seizures, reactivated EBV infection found, low Vit D found, small thyriod nodules found (too small to biopsy), liver biopsy negative, all other scans (CT, MRI, chest Xray) negaitve
5 months ago - Cut wheat, dairy and corn
2 months ago - reintoduced corn, no ill effects
1 month ago - reintroduced dairy (cheese, ice cream), tastes bad, stomach ache and "dizzy" feeling (seizure?) cut dairy immediatly

What do I have? Can anyone tell me? I've been to 2 GPs, 2 gastro doctors, one allergy, one endocrine, one hemotologist, and a dermatologist and no one can tell me anything, that is except that I need a phsyc consult.
I though I was going crazy with all by new allergies.  I am allergic to eggs, pork, yeast, lemon cucumbers, bananas, avacado, all nuts, tuna all shell fish, and the list goes on including latex, and rubber.  I am having a really hard time beacause my stress from this is causing me to have panic attacks.  My family thinks im crazy, my husband does try to help but I think its way to overwhelming to him. I did notice that I have more allergic reactions when I have hayfever. I was told that whn the histamines are in m y body already it reacts faster and more severe because of the added histamines. I had an allergic reaction today from ibuprofin or tomatoes, not sure what. There is a great bakery called cherrybrook kitchen they serve only allergin free mixes they also sale the boxes at raleys and they are great.  I think the Leaky gut has something to do with it thats what im going to try and figure out.  In my younger days I (im oly 40 now) i took alot of ibuprofin.  I have lost 59 lbs and am trying hard to eat very health.  I eat alot of protein, like cheese, steak, chicken, and am going all organic.  I am sorry for everybody problems I do know its stressful.
i am 30 years old and never had any allargies. Last night I ate pomegranate and immediately my whole body (from head to toe) was covered with hives, terrible itch and my throat tightened. I went to ER and doctors diagnosed anaphylactic shock. Now I am in a different kind of shock. How is this possible? I eat pomegranate all my life (even last month!). And come on ...pomegranate! I can't even find many articles on it...Did anyone have similar experience? Will it stop at this allergy? I'll go for test after I finish with therapy.
I am new to this, as I've just started having allergic reactions in the last few months.  I haven't been able to determine exactly what causes them yet, probably milk and rice to start.  I've almost passed out a few times after eating, and it has been getting difficult to get doctors to believe me because my throat doesn't swell, and I don't get very much in the way of hives or rashes usually.  I get faint, then the diarhea (diarrhea), nausea and headaches as well as fatigue for several days afterward.  I am finally getting referred to an allergist.  Hopefully they can pinpoint what it is, and it won't be as bad as some of your cases.  I understand the paranoia, the hunger, and the frustration.  Hang in there you guys!
RESEARCH LEAKY GUT. IT WILL PROVIDE THE MUCH NEEDED ANSWERS! ALSO A GOOD WEBSITE TO TRY IS WALT STOLLS.
I suffered for years, including chemical sensitivities as well. I am about 80 % better,  and have added most things back to my diet over time. When I was well enough, I then had a Rast / Elisa allergy test done.
You will have to rebuild your gut lining with l-glutmaine, and up your probiotic intake daily.  You should also look into taking a natural antifungal like olive leaf or GSE. I had to stay away from a ll gluten, as well as yeasts and mushrooms, and vinegars. This is also a candida related allergy. It was brought on by years on antibiotics. Antibiotics killed all of my gut flora, good and bad. But because I did not take the probiotics, the harmful bacteria is what grew, and started forming large colonies, that attach and bore holes in the walls of your intestines. When you eat something, the undigested protein slips into the bloodstream via these holes, and depending on what it is, your body decides it is a foreign invader, and you end up with the allergic reactions.

Good Luck to you on your journey. Get plenty of rest, and plenty of exercise.
Wow, this sounds like me.  It sounds like you have MCS, too.  Not fun! :(  It's miserable not being able to do certain things, like going to the movies, or going certain places, simply because most people simply do NOT understand how badly their perfumes, fragrances and smelly personal care products affect people with such environmental allergies.  On top of the usual MCS symptoms, I have asthma, which is adversely affected by all the things that usually affect people with MCS.  It's hardest when friends and/or family just don't understand at all.  I have to ride public transportation, and I've noticed that there are certain routes that are most likely to have smelly people (women in particular) wearing enough perfume for a hundred years and is more likely at certain times of the day.  I try very hard to avoid having to ride these routes at the times most likely to have the smelly people.

It sounds like your food allergies list is very similar to mine.  From what I'm reading in your list of allergies that you've already mentioned, I can see that you have a sulfite allergy.  I have a friend with a similar list of food allergies.  It looks like you are already aware of cross reactions.  Have you had allergy tests for common environmental allergens, like tree pollens?  You probably have.  From your list of food allergies, I can assume that you are allergic to birch and maple pollens.  I wouldn't be surprised if you are allergic to latex either.  This means being allergic to all the best summer fruits, the ones with pits or stones (cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches, etcetera) and avacados, bananas and potatoes.  

I am allergic to EVERYTHING  that one is to avoid on the basic elimination diet.  The basic elimination diet has people avoid wheat, but I can't have any gluten either.  I know what you're talking about with not being able to eat bread, because there just aren't many bread options.  If you're not allergic to rice, there are breads and pastas made from rice sold at Trader Joe's.  The only bread I've actually found is brown rice tortillas.  It has few ingredients and NO PRESERVATIVES.  I'm also allergic to the things you already mentioned that you're allergic to.  I'm also allergic to all nuts, crustaceans, all nightshade produce, carrots, celery and apples.

Something that I have found that helps, since most of us also have GERD/IBS, and Celiac, is the use of flaxseed meal and flaxseed oil.  The writer who wrote about Leaky Gut beat me to the punch.  This is one reason for finding the food sensitivities and allergies through the elimination diet that you've already mentioned.  This is also why it's important to use probiotics, but not just any probiotics.  It's important to see a naturopath for proper guidance with allergies, GERD/IBS, Leaky Gut, and Celiac.  I am fortunate that I have a conventional doctor who is willing to work with me and my naturopath and that I have a naturopath who is willing to integrate.  Most people aren't so fortunate.  Most conventional doctors are closed-minded to natural medicine.  It is important that they work together, rather than using the "all or none" approach to medicine.  Why does it always have to be only conventional medicine or only natural medicine?  What's the harm in balancing the two approaches to medicine in the best interests of the patient?

I'm already using all these approaches myself.  I haven't gotten rid of all the symptoms, but I've improved my overall condition.  I don't know if I've given you any kind of suggestions that will actually help with the food issues.  But, trust me, flaxseed meal really does help, because of the Leaky Gut Syndrome.

I would love to have a list of safe and natural cosmetics and personal care products myself.

Oh, one thing that I have found that is very helpful with the environmental allergies.  I saw someone wearing this mask one day when I was in the supplement store.  I knew what it was for, so I just wanted to know where she got it.  So, she told me that the name of the website, which is icanbreathe.com.  I asked the woman who owns the website which one would be the best one if I can only afford to get one mask.  She said the honeycomb filtration mask.  When I got it, it said that one can double the filters.  Ah hah!  Of course, I tried that!  Now, I only use it with the double filter.  It helps immensely on public transportation and walking near the busy highway and those other public situations that are difficult for us.  Oh, and it really helped me a lot during the spring pollen season!  Talk about the one kind of thing that helps that doesn't involve ingesting something that we might be allergic to.  This product is made by a woman who knows from experience with having MCS herself.  I like the fact that it is also a low-maintenance product, which is really great.
Which tests did you have done to confirm your food allergies?  I am interested, because I've done the skin scratch tests, which didn't show the things that I know very well that I'm allergic to.  I figured out most of my sensitivities and allergies with the food elimination test.  I'm allergic to everything that we're supposed to avoid that is on the basic elimination test.  I have read enough information to know that these skin scratch tests really aren't completely reliable.  It did show the birch pollen allergy and the dust allergy.  When you consider all the cross reactions, then you understand why the things I already know I'm allergic to are problems for me.  Even the allergist told me that there is a similar protein in the pollens of birch and maple, for example.  He was surprised that I knew the term cross reaction.  

Incidentally, there is a long list of cross reactions with birch alone.  From reading this forum, I found out about mugwort, as I am definitely allergic to celery.  This is a cross reaction.  And, as aforementioned, there is quite a list for anyone who knows they are allergic to latex.

The more I learn, the more I realize that allergies are quite complex.  Leaky Gut syndrome is a big thing, but cross reactions must be taken into consideration, too.

If you find out that the wine is the culprit, check out sulfite allergies.  Everything in the onion and garlic family is in the natural sulfite family, not just grapes.
Please keep me informed.  Some of what you're describing is stuff I've experienced with no answers, too.
I just googled food onset allergy and found this site.  I have been having allergic rash with hives, itching, burning, inside and out.  I have no known allergies.  This started a week ago on Thanksgiving.  So I was thinking it was something someone brought to our house but no clue.  I am taking Benedryl with some ease of symptoms, but still hiving especially when I eat.  I am eating all normal things I always eat, and have no idea what is causing this.  I haven't changed any degergents, chemicals, etc. ANY insight would be great!  I really don't have the $$ right now to address allergy testing or docs visits.  Thanks you guys...
OMG!!.. I have had a sudden onset of allergies.
I find it  difficult to eat anything anymore... cuz im not sure if i will be allergic to that next.  I just had a cough drop just the other night.
I ended up having to go to the ER for an allergic reaction.  My lips were swelling.  i also started having the pinchy itchy feeling going down my throat.. as it did my lips right before they started to swell.

My allergies started off when i was pregnant with my now 5 year old. Up until that point, i was only allergic to pennicillin (penicillin) family.
Then when i was 5 months pregnant, I started having problems with onions.  Then it was tuna fish.  
Now it seems like everytime i turn around something is making me itchy, and pinchy itchy.  
I am hypoglycemic... and its rough when im not s ure what to eat anymore. I basically eat bacon, noodles (which is really not allowed with hypoglycemia)vegetables... and cheese
I even had it when my husband kissed with after eating shrimp and i broke out on my face.
These are driving me crazy.
right now im on predisone and benadryl...
I am soo afraid to eat anything anymore. :(
So i guess I will be another female adding my name to the list. I have had perfect health my whole life. Last year at 25 yrs old I starting getting extremely sick. I gain 30 Lbs in 3 weeks, swollen joints, hives,swollen face, chest pains, breathing problems, throat closing up, hair loss, rashes and spots, I was so fatigued I was in bed for 5 months with only about 4 days a month where I could be okay. I was misdiagnosed with lupus, anorexia, chrohn's, lyme disease, R.A ... did months of blood work...nothing worked. I kicked all the meds the doctors gave me since they did NOT work and started realizing when i ate certain things I got worse.
       My list is now so long I dont think I could name everything I cant have. Basically its ALL nightshades ( if you dont know what they are LOOK IT UP) so no tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, beans, peas, chick peas/hummus, peanuts, soy or tobacco. Now i cant have aspirin, tylenol or IBprofin. I took an alka seltzer 3 weeks ago not knowing there was aspirin in it and almost died.

I still dont know whats going on and would LOVE some help...if anyone has any advice, and possible diagnosis or cause....please let me know!!!!
From your short description of  symptoms and timing it looks like you are allergic to genetically modified foods and derivatives(corn syrup,soy sauce,diet sodas....),Your  first symptoms  probably started in middle of July as a result of sensitivity to GMO corn pollen and eventually to all foods containing inserted genes.You can self test and eliminate allergies by following  procedures described in www.emofree.com,known as Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT) developed by Gary Craig.These allergies can not be detected by standard tests.Also read works by Dr.Jeffrey Smith on www.genetiroulette.com
well... I seem to suddenly have many of the allergic reactions and frustrations as many of you. I am awaiting blood results.. the scratch tests proved positive for rye, tuna, lamb, nuts, peaches, squash, almonds,lamb, MOLDS, and various pollen allergies. For several years now it was clear that I had a mold allergy. I could small mold when others couldn't  which certainly has made vacationing difficult. I also suspected various pollen allergies because of seasonal allergy symptoms... I now know from a simple scratch test that  I am allergic to Pine, unfortunately I live in a 5 1/2 acre pine forest :-0 ), Beech and Sycamore...  each year theses symptoms became worse....more uncomfortable  respiratory symptoms with occassional wheezing but this fall... I had the itching all over for 3 months along with terrible swelling in my face, angioderma, with welts in my cheeks. It was awful and lip swelling and tingling.nothing worked except for prednisone and I don't want to be on that all the time.  I live in New England so the sudden changes in temperature in September and October made the symptoms worse. I  have environmental allergies to perfumes, many laundry and cleaning products. I am thoroughly overwhelmed at the moment and am eagerly awaiting the blood work results so I can educate myself on exactly EVERYTHING I am allergic to.  Going shopping is a daunting task to say the least and cooking for myself and my family is just as hard! I suspect that having been on many antibiotics have done a number on my gut flora. I am a teacher and have succumbed to all the viruses the little ones have brought into my classroom... unintentionally of course! I did go on a cleansing diet in the fall.. using a product from Metagenics called UltraClear. It is a rice smoothie base that isn't too bad, I actually got used to it and added a few frozen blueberries.... It helped some but I was in such an allergic state.... and an emotional state. these symptoms wreak havoc and it becomes such a vicious cycle!  I also know about the muscle aches and pains but  had never thought about it being allergy related! For years, I went weekly for a massage and for myofacial ( triggerpoint) therapy which was great in the moment... and for a day or two...but low and behold....very short lived. I now know why!  If any of you folks are interested in the smoothie ... go to www.metagenics.com. They are specifically made for allergic folks like us. I also have a great nutritionist  in New Hampshire....if anyone wants his name. They also do EFT in their office. This is certainly a challenge...good luck to all...
I actually started up in December of 07, I completely know what I am allergic too. Preservatives but GMOs I am not bad with. I tend not to eat those ever anyways though-- cloned food doesnt sound like anything i have ever wanted to eat.

But i have my whole list of what I am allergic too, but thanks.

i really am trying to figure out the root cause.

I also tend to have worse reactions when I go up in my weight. I am 5'11 and generally 155. right now (for the last two weeks) I have been about 5-8 Lbs heavier and I am having heavy hive issues. When I go down I have way less issues.

i am really interested in finding out what is going on and why this started though

if anyone has ANY ideas of root causes that info would be appreciated :)
i dont know where to begin on this... i am 27, and was diagnosed almost 6 years ago with celiac disease.  i am well aware of the things i can and cant eat by now, and am 100% strict with it.  the past 2 weeks however, i have been having a reaction to something.  i have been waking up nauseous and light headed... that is followed by excessive, and might i add, "manly" belches, which for me is a sign that i am going to vomit, which i do... and do and do... i have had only diarrhea along with it, and even to the point where nothing of color is coming out from either end, because i cant eat/dont want to eat.  if i do eat, i cant keep anything in... basically, i am empty inside.  i do not have insurance, so i went to our local CVS min. clinic after 6 days+ of this problem, only to have her tell me she "thinks" im just getting over the flu and gave me some nausea meds, Promethazine.  its intention is to shut down the part of the brain that tells me im nauseous, and it did.... but that didnt last.  i felt better yesterday, all day, even jinxing myself by boasting about how great i finally felt.... and then lastnight it started all over again.  the only common line i can draw in what i am eating is chicken... chicken i cook, as well as tv dinner style chicken/precooked chicken.  chicken... i love chicken.... can someone please tell me this could be anything else and not chicken doing this to me??  i am nibbling at my favorite corn pasta and alfredo sauce at the moment excluding the chicken i normally put in it to try and break this theory, so... i guess we will see.  but if anyone has any other ideas or thoughts on this, i am open to everything.

thanks so much in advance.
I get like that with chicken , chicken is very pro-flammatory, another thing might be if you are using butter to cook the chicken. Butter, yogurt and cheese JUST started doing that to me. I can eat milk/ice cream fine though.

in general, flares of allergies and hives are brought on by eating fatty foods. I noticed when I do not eat anything out of a can,box or package and just eat basic fresh veggies and fruit I do WAY better
i finally broke down and went to the immediate care in town and found that i have a bacterial infection in the tummy/intestinal area.  they gave me pills that work and i am feeling better.

to: sfnative82, before i went i tried self diagnosing by eliminating chicken and then cheese and dairy and neither changed my stomach issues, which led me to the above^.
I'm 55yrs. old and have been skin tested positive for chicken, wheat peanuts celery peaches chocolate oats . I am overwhelmed!  my symptoms are mod. to severe tingling in the tongue and lips. Overall body tingling thats tolerable, but does anyone experience a fume-like feeling coming from the back of the throat and into the mouth area?
My allergist told  me to just take benedryl for my symptoms ,that i could eat those foods because my reaction were not life-threating .  I've eliminated most of them but having a very hard time with wheat and chicken.  Please anyone with fume like sensations? Although I get that feeling also when I'm stressed.
I read a book by Dr.Bok that changed my life.  It explained that
many people are missing an enzyme (DP4) that breaks down casein
and gluten.  When I went off all gluten (wheat, rye, oats etc) and dairy
products my joint pain, acid reflux went away. I retook my allergy tests
after a year and showed no allergies.  Prior to that I was allergic to
everything.  I have been off of wheat /dairy for almost 2 years and my
scalp condition is lessening.  dermatologists diagnosed me with atopic dermatitis but I was always in pain and I never improved.  I don't think
many U.S. doctors have a handle on this yet.  They seem to get it it
in Great Britain where many people have this missing enzyme.
Painfree888
I went to a NAET Practitioner and she cleared up my allergies to dairy.  
Other friends of mine had severe gluten, egg and peanut allergies (kids) and they all cleared up.  I am not  mystical or new age type person but it worked.  Apparently it can relieve most meical conditions that docs don't now how to.  Like most of what all of you are talking about : http://www.naet.com/.  Hope this helps (IT IS WELL WORTH IT)
I have become allergic to tomatoes, chocolate, pomegranate, which are foods that I really like and enjoy.  My nose  and part of my face becomes extremely red, I develope itchy rash and pimples -one always at the tip of my nose that makes me look like "Rudolph".  

I also have an allergic reaction to some food seasoning or ingredient that I have not been able to pin point yet, where I get blisters inside my lower lip (inside of my mouth), this one has happened several times, one of them after eating a washed peach, or eating certain brand of protein bars; other foods give me blisters on the side of my tongue, usually when I eat foods from Thailand and such (not Chinese and not Japanese), and when I've eaten food seasoned with certain latinamerican "Sazon" but don't know which ingredient is the culprit.
Had Shrimp Alfredo at Chili's one evening -- 1 hr later, had hives & bumps all over my face, body which did not clear up until the next morning.  Have always eaten shrimp, checked ingredients of the Alfredo sauce with the manager, but there was no apparent reason why this happened! Cautious of eating shrimp ever since....  Heard that food allergies can develop anytime, but I've always been in excellent health with no medications required.  Has anyone have this kind of experience?
My husband has been sick now for the last 4 months he started out with having a bad reaction to a medication and said he was allergic to sulfur. He was put on very high doses of steroids and antibiotics the pustulosis finally healed up.Then like two weeks later he got a severe infection under  his arm pit and had to have it lanced open and drained they did this ever day for  awhile till it healed and he was put back on the steroids and antibiotics for that and then he got c-diff from the antibiotics  so had to be put on a different antibiotics to cure the c-diff finally get all this stuff cured. We go eat dinner one day at a Chinese buffet like we do all the time. We left and within 5 minutes he was swollen, red and covered in hives and having problems breathing I bought allergy meds and he took it on the spot and I made him stay calm but he was like this for 3 days off and on. Then I made a pork roast the other night and used a honey marinated and he broke out again so now he is back on the steroids and a bunch of other stuff. any info would be great thanks.
I've been dealing with allergies developed after 35 for about 10 years.  I tried everything and finally found a treatment at a Chiropractor called NAET.  I still suffer from pollens and molds, but for the most part I can now eat foods that caused reactions before.  Also, I now go in for treatment anytime I start having an allergic reaction and will feel better in a matter of hours.  I've gone from being sick, in bed and a size 16 to working everyday and feeling pretty good most of the time.  I am now down to a size 10 and working on loosing more.  I excercise and diet and go to work!  This would have been imposible last year!  I feel I am finally able to enjoy life.  BTW, the shrimp at Chili's is deadly!  I swelled up for about 4 days before I went to my Chiropractor.  He thinks they use a food additive on the shrimp.  
My girlfriend has recently developed many new allergies.  Tracing it back it started the day she had a CT scan and went into anaphylactic shock due to the iodine.  Since then we have discovered she is allergic to many thing that she was not before.  She had to stab herself with a epi-pen frequently that month until some trial and error along with a few trips to the allergist lead to a list of foods to stay away from.  It was very scary and  likely to be lifelong.  Lifestyle changes have been made as eating processed food or eating out is not worth the risk and with being a vegetarian prior to this nuts had been a dominant source of protein in her diet.
I'm 28 I was a smoker, occasional drinker, loved fast food meat potatoe type diet. I never exercised and I drank about two energy drinks per day plus several mt. dews. Two months after, I had quit smoking, drinking, joined a gym and finally gave up caffeine,I got severely sick thought it was the intestinal flu that doesn't go away. Felt better for two days and got sick again for another few weeks. Finally after three months of being sick I went to the doctor. He did several tests and came back empty. I'm dropping weight at a steady four to five lbs per week but my abdomen is so bloated it doesn't change much. I saw the specialist GI and found problems with my gall bladder which was then removed, and diagnosed as IBS. Five months later still sick, I thought it was problems with my IUD, saw the OB and no. She thought I was having a hormonal imbalance due to so much weight I lost (100 lbs.). I noticed an improvement with my mood right away, the acne on my face which had been worse than it was during my teens, cleared up. I also found if I cut out all chocolate and milk I have less diarreaha. Also no pop, tomatoes, brocolli, and latex. I still get sick two or three times per week even if I behave and avoid my lover chocolate. I noticed that my symptoms are always worse after intercourse, has anyone else noticed this? well not about to give up that just wondering...
I see so many females posted and I wish I could help. Just know that you aren't crazy it is something and obviously most of the medical community is in denial of it being such a wide problem. It's my hope that we make them listen.
i m a doctor & i have recently came across 3 cases like u
i wish to study the clinical cases of yours and help u out & even my patients
only u have to do is mail me ur case history & ur investigation findings
to me at

***@****

i will compile ur data draw out the findings to help treat u out

currently only one case {probably} is known to been cured;i currently dont have much data regards that, but will cunsult u in that case within few days

i suspect it to be stress related probably, but it needs further evaluation & also ur co-operation
waiting for ur replys
Nearly all of my allergies have come on as an adult. As a child i was only allergic to sheep (lanolin, lamb, wool etc), Penn. and Mold. now im allergic to all the nightshades as well (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, tobacco, and my beloved hot peppers *sob*)  it seems every few years a new allergy rears its ugly head. Last summer i was told I had a panic attack ( i thought i was having a reaction), but the emts dismissed it and made me feel like an idiot. My anxiety is preventing me from enjoying anything, and im starting to get to the point im afraid to eat at all. Worse im projecting my fears on my kids and am afraid to feed them half the time as well. (both my girls have tomato allergies and one has intolerance to potatoes too.) Im a wreck, i used to have a cast iron stomic and no anxiety issues at all. i used to live in the now, but im afraid of my food. this is insane and its taking me there with it.
I think the post by romanticsnet on Nov 30, 2008 pointed me in the right direction as to what I have.  I've got a homeopathic doctors appointment later this week to verify, but the explanation of leaky gut syndrome fits my case to a T.  I had a double dosage of antibiotics 2 years ago to treat a bacterial infection about 2 years ago.  It was 6 to 8 months later that I first started experiencing the first of my food sensitivities.  It started out that beers that were strong in hops gave me a really bad headache after about 20 minutes of my first sip.  About 6 months ago wheat got added to my list and then it started coming like an avalanche since then.  I'm now sensitive to wheat, dairy, soy, tomato and caffeine (that I know of).  I've already started the 1-glutamine, olive leaf, and probiotics.

My biggest food sensitivity symptom is random muscular twitching.  It started about 6 months ago (most likely when the wheat sensitivity started) and I went to several doctors before I figured out it was a food sensitivity.  I was worried I had the early onset of Parkinsons, MS or ALS.  All testing came back negative and they just told me it was stress.  I was twitching all the time, because wheat was in so much of the processed foods I ate.  It was a homeopathic doctor that suggested I avoid wheat to see if that's what it was and sure enough I started to feel better.  It wasn't long before I started twitching for dairy so i replaced it with soy.  Then I began to twitch for soy (and got the headaches again for some reason).  Tomato also came in around this time.

Leaky gut explains all of this.  I'm now researching a rotational diet to avoid becoming sensitive to any other foods.  It looks like healing the intestine takes a few months, so I'll be on this diet for a while.  Apparently once you eat a food, you need to wait 4 days before you eat it again.  If your body produces antibodies for any particular food, it takes 72 hours for them to clear up.  This way your body never learns to target a new food.  Anyway, hopefully this is an explanation of what more of you are experiencing.  I'll try to post back if I have success with this.
I've read all the posts with great interest and dismay! I too have in the last year had an onset of allergies. It became more obvious not long after taking soy lecithin as a supplement as I was feeling quite woolly headed, and lecithin was supposed to improve brain function. I started getting raised lumps that would appear on my skin for half an hour and then disappear again, then I started getting a raised rash around my bottom and thighs which again would later disappear.

I cut out the soya, then orange juice. However, I started getting tinnitus in my right ear, and was feeling dizzy. They found I had an abnormal EEG in my temporal lobe, but all the other tests - CAT and MRI were fine. My doctor refused to send me for an allergy test, and gave me a tablet to take - which contained milk - so no use there!

I gave up milk and all dairy - the tinnitus and the raised rash and dizziness have all disappeared. However, I am still left with eczema which is very painful as it's on my hands.

I had a hair allergy test - which I later found out was not supposed to be very reliable, but it did give me an idea of the things that I could try cutting out. But sadly, like a lot of people have mentioned - the list of foods is growing. I've restricted myself to bread, meat, vegetables. No dairy, no sugar, nuts, or fish. I'm also trying chinese herbal medicine. The eczema is improving but I do feel that the problem still isn't quite going away.

Another problem is in the last year that I had to take three courses of antibiotics, and had severe thrush as a result. So I'm wondering if this has now compounded the already existing problem, and was very interested in what people had to say on candida, and leaky gut.
For those of you who don't know what to eat now:

I've been following the elimination outlined in the book, "Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook" by Alissa Segersten.  We're talking lifesaver. It has all gluten free recipes.  Their website "The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen" has even more recipes.

Lifesaver!
Hi All,  I'm 40 years old and was diagnosed with a food allergies about 5 years ago after a lot of stress happened in my life (death in family).  It has now gotten so bad that I can't have any egg, dairy, hazelnut, walnut, ALL FRUIT most veges (some veges if I cook them to mush I can eat) and just recently I cannot eat any corn byproducts at all.  I can't even find a toothpaste that does not contain corn product.  I'm thinking I can't eat anything with canola or vegetable oil either now.

I get severe bowel/stomach pains, vomiting, diarrhea, hives, sweating, feeling like I'm going to pass out, itchy throat, etc, etc.  Some of it happens within an hour after eating a food and some happens within 12 hours.  It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to eat anything.  When I do eat something it feels like it sits like a lump in my stomach.  I can't eat past 6 p.m. at night or I feel sick all night too.  I never had any allergies at all as a child.

'm at my wits end.  I've lost 37 lbs so far and can only afford to lose about 15 more.  I saw my allergist a month ago and had a skin test and it showed I wasn't allergic to anything (even the stuff I've been allergic to for years).  He said that it was probably because I haven't eaten the stuff in 3 years that it showed negative.

I went to a Wellness Clinic to a Nautropath Allergist and she did a different method of testing and found a lot of allergies with me, including most types of sugars which surprised me but made sense to me too.  She is doing "clearings" for me and said my body will need time to remove all the toxins and to drink lots of water.

It's getting to the point that I don't have many food choices left and I just dread mealtimes. :(
I had many of your symtoms (symptoms) that steadily increased as I got older to the point that I couldn't stay healthy and caught every virus going around.  Finally, in my forties, we figured out that I am intolerant to wheat & gluten, but also to all of the other grains to a lesser extent.  I am so profoundly intolerant that it is a shock to my doctor that I tested in the "low" range of being reactive. The tests are only about 70% accurate--elimination is the best test.  The gluten cause me to react to enviromental things but also so other foods.  The bloating and anxiety, depression go with it.  Gluten is in practically every processed food or drink, so you have to stay away that.
I think the Food and Drug Administration is not doing their job. I cannot and will not believe that "suddenly" I have become allergic to apples, peaches, cherries, grapes, natural almonds... any fresh fruit, organic or non-organic, I take a small bite into any of them and my throat/inner ear starts itching that If I could, I would put a Q-tip in one ear and pull it out from the other ear, to scratch the itch... I can eat them if they are cooked, but not fresh.

Last year I ended up in the Emergency Room after drinking a home-made summer drink made with tiger-nuts which are not nuts at all but tiny tubers dried up and then churned and mixed with water and sugar for a refreshing afternoon drink in the Summer, etc.

A few years back, I found I could not eat anything with tomatoes because my face would break up in rash, little pimples would appear, my face would itch and get all red.  Well, how come if I eat tomatoes from a garden where all they've used to prevent insects attacks have been Savin, then my "allergies" do not manifest as such, and I can eat them????  

What ADDITIVES, INSECTICIDES, PRESERVATIVES and the like is the Food and Drug Administration allowing these fruit and vegetable growers to use???  Big "allergy" business but these allergies are AVOIDABLE.  These people are killing us!!!!
My allergies began a few years back.  After careful review of my own allergies, I think the Food and Drug Administration is not doing their job. I cannot and will not believe that "suddenly" I have become allergic to apples, peaches, cherries, grapes, natural almonds... any fresh fruit, organic or non-organic, I take a small bite into any of them and my throat/inner ear starts itching that If I could, I would put a Q-tip in one ear and pull it out from the other ear, to scratch the itch... I can eat them if they are cooked, but not fresh.

This morning I have some allergic reaction inside my mouth. Last night, I cooked some shrimp. I have never, ever been allergic to shrimp. Low and behold, I have a friend who just developed the same "allergy" about a month ago, after having eaten shrimp all her life. Again, what kind of preservatives are our food marketers using and the Food and Drug Administration and letting them get away with it????

i am sillilar to you and cant get help or support
I am an Adult who found out at 45, I am Allergic to almost every Fruit, All Nuts and probably more things as well.  I have had many attacks and was just in the Hospital the other day for Anaphylaxis Shock.  It seems as though nothing is safe for me to eat.  I am going for my 3rd round of Blood Tests.  Can anyone offer any advise?  Desperate in Henderson NV.
Are any of you taking hormonal birth control containing estrogen? Or consuming large amounts of soy- phytoestrogen? I ask because I was severely ill for 8 months while taking ortho-tri-cyclen after >6 years of tollerance. I became increasingly intollerant of foods and resumed health upon cessation of the pill and once my estrogen levels returned to normal. It is worth consideration, whether you consume estrogen or not, what your hormonal ballance (or imballance) is. Hth! I honestly thought I was dieing and I too was tested for chron's, celiac, etc...
I have recently been to an environmental doctor (MD) who determined that I am allergic to many foods such as fruit sugar, wheat, shrimp, serotonin, and many other allergens. This explains why I am itchy 24 hours a day. They are still performing testing but the doctor explained that this is likely due to an excess amount of toxins in the body resulting from power lines near myhome and chemicals in the food and home. These allergies were never identified by the 25 doctors ( incl psychiatrist) I complained to over the past 5 years. I am thankful this doctor was able to identify my allergies, and will begin a rotation diet soon.
We all have one thing in common.  Our bodies have become toxic to the point that it is failing (or degenerating).  The toxicity comes from everywhere these days and I could make you a huge list but I wont get wordy.  So straight to the point.  How to heal?  I healed by following a "light" version of the ****** Therapy.  Why would I do this when ******'s approach is illegal in the USA and a "doctor" would never recommend it you might ask?  Because his approach simply makes sense and it works.  And there are ****** Healing Centers current opening all around the world - just not here...  To bad our wonderful US GOV makes healing choices illegal and yet allows non-labeling of GM foods.  So in this country we get poisoned and can't get healed.  NICE.

Anyway, this is not a political discussion and I digress.

My own adult sudden onset troubles became far too much for me to deal with.  After 2 weeks I'm happy to report that all symptoms are gone and I'm feeling like a nervous newborn taking my first steps in the world.  Everything is so scary now that I have educated myself on all materials available regarding nutrition.  The grocery store is so small now where it used to be just loaded with a huge variety of options.

Oh, one last thing.  I was very allergic to nightshades.  Since they are critical to healing I got around the problem by taking benadryl 20 minutes before drinking my juices.  This suppressed the Anaphylactic reaction so I could get the good stuff in.  It's a strange new way of eating and cleansing and a little uncomfortable taking the journey (especially alone) but it does work and evidently we all need something different as the "legal solutions" certainly are not working...

Happy Healing!
Mat
oh my goodness!  even in this "med help" forum you can't say what works for healing?  how utterly ridiculous.  I have just been censored and I bet they delete my post and even kick me off the site for doing this.  But the therapy that works is "Gers0n".  If that one get censored - "G3rs0n".  Or one last try - it is "Ger" and "Son".  HA!  Lord have mercy!  We know not what we do.  I'm starting up my own website so I can say what needs to be said... And I'll be noting this censorship...
Hi i am 36 years old i begin having allergic symptoms about 2.5 years ago. My doc put me on zyrtec D. i was always having runny nose itchy throat runny eyes and sometimes depending on what i would eat i'd itch all over and my body would begin flushing itself so i was constantly urinating and had diaarhea after each reaction i'd lose weight. In all ive lost 50lbs w/o trying. Ive had swollen lymph nodes. Swollen knees. Went to allergist year or so ago and had ***** test done and only shellfish shows as being an issue for me. Zyrtec was really strong so i switched to claritan D. I would finally like to say no more claritan. Not sure if any of you have looked into or heard of The ALCAT Test. Its a blood test they run a test with your blood on 200-400 differnt foods and chemicals. I cant eat wheat chicken,pork,black pepper, strawberries cashews, the list goes on nd on. This is the best test i could have ever taken. Was taking claitan d daily. After getting ALCAT results back. i no longer take claritan and my weight loss has stopped unless i slip up and eat something with wheat chicken pork,etc.What i want to know is what is causing this with people all of a sudden?
hi I'm not sure how old this thread is and I have never responded on one of these before I was wondering if you could send me your list of safe cosmetics? I have just started to react to all foods and have just realized it could be my cosmetics etc  as well. Would love your list!!!!!! Thankyou
hi I'm not sure how old this thread is and I have never responded on one of these before I was wondering if you could send me your list of safe cosmetics? I hope this goes through. It is like my body has turned on me and everything I eat makes my throat and mouth burn. Am going to see a specialist to start an ellimination diet. Sure hope I get results soon as I am starving lol It just occured to me that it could be my personal hygien products. Thankyou in advance!!!!
Am 45 and in the last two years have 'become'? allergic to dairy, peanuts and now chocolate!!!??? What the heck?!  Very frustrating!  Before discovering the dairy allergy, I had been to 3 drs for vertigo, ringing in ears and itchy ears---after research for something else, I experimented with cutting dairy out of diet & after 4 days my symptoms were gone!  I tested the result after a couple of months by eating dairy for 2 days and wahla!  Vertigo came back!   Is there a benifit to an official allergy test if I can conclude it on my own? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
You should try a light detox, and adding probiotics and eating a high-raw, macrobiotic diet. Sauerkraut, kombucha, coconut kefir, those are all great for healing your gut. A raw diet low in fruits and high in vegetables is all you should eat for a while. Heal your body from the inside with healthy, organic foods. You can also start juicing. Check out raw, juicing, detox books from the library. Try "Juicing for Life" by Cherie Calbom.
HI Shelley - I just read your post on medhelp and was wonder if you found a solution to this problem.  I have started having this problem as well.  I have problems with all types of food, medication, and vitamins.  I have been trying accupunture but now I am starting to have headaches when eating food that does not agree with me.  Any insight would be greatley appreciated.

Thank you,
Shelley
Try the Environmental Working Group for a list of safer cosmetics, personal products and cleaning products.  I had the same thing and had to go without makeup for a year and switched to all no fragrance and safter products for laundry and cleaning.  I have a fragrance free home, got rid of plastic items or anything with poly in it including clothing and went organic with my food.  It's a long road but worth it.  Good luck.
I've read a couple of your posts and wonder if you have ever been checked for Hashimoto?  It is a common thyroid disorder...and can sometimes be the cause of anxiety along with a myriad of non-specific complaints.  I realize it's been some time before the posting, but I am just researching some things for myself.  Hashimoto runs in my family, and I was tested for thyroid problems but now found out it is a different test possibly because it involves the parathyroid?  I will keep reading this post to see if you have any updates, but it is quite lengthy right now.
Hi My name is Laura, just read your post.  Can i ask how you  are doing with the treatment for "Leaky Gut" and rotation diet?
Hi my name is Laura, just read your post.  I would like to know how your treatment for "leaky gut" and rotation diet has been working for you.
Hi I sent a resquest to Allergy girl also, not sure how old the post is.  If you did get a list from her can you pass it on to me and many thanks if you can!
Shelly, I see your post was way back in 2008. If you get this, I'd love to know how you're doing. I was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 years ago and have been developing allergies and sensitivities to what feels like everything I eat. Most vegetables, caffeine, green tea, resveratrol, all the healthy stuff! I used to be able to eat anything. It's as if my immune system has gone haywire, and I'm guessing the cancer has played a big role in throwing it off.
I've read nearly all of the posts here because I've had some strange symptoms the last few months.  I've also experienced severe stress and anxiety, which I and my dr. feel are contributing to my symptoms.

The more I research into all of this, the more I am beginning to think that major things in our life contribute to our bodies becoming "off balance" and causing haywire symptoms we've never had before.

For instance, my dr. told me that peanut allergies are very rare in adults and are mostly something that first appears in children.  He told me I could do the food panel blood test, but many times you get false positives and I don't have the typical symptoms for food allergies that would warrant these tests (I wanted to do the test to reassure myself it was my anxiety and not a food allergy).  

I've mainly just had eye symptoms and twice ate peanut butter earlier in the day, but didn't have anything appear until 6-12 hours later and even then it was once a partially puffy eyelid and another time a bag under the other eye.  The first time was preceded by itchy eyes and my eyes at the time were very dry (due to seasonal allergies and stress).  However, I've had peanut butter in between those 2 episodes with nothing happening and have also had some eye puffiness at other times when I've not consumed peanuts.  The doc thinks it's just seasonal allergies and stress and I mostly do as well, but my anxiety makes me afraid of eating and trying the possibly offending foods in fear of a severe reaction (though I've never had one).  When I had the eye symptoms, I felt fine otherwise (so again, not consistent with food allergies).

However, reading about the leaky gut syndrome makes a lot of sense because when you are under severe stress, it also affects your intestinal flora, so this might be a case with me.  I know that anxiety can cause you to begin experiencing allergy symptoms you've never had before.  I like the idea of starting a probiotic again.  I was on a good one a few years back and felt fantastic.

I'm wondering if bringing our bodies back into balance isn't the answer.  Which also brings me to another wonder.  Some of you here are also in your 40's, as am I, and for me, I think the stress along with hormonal imbalances and changes might be causing these issues.  I think whenever your body is out of balance, it causes changes in the immune system and that causes all kinds of symptoms we wouldn't normally get.
I am 41 yrs old, and just diagnosed as allergic to everything except turkey, rice and potatoes.  I love food, and cooking - so I am hungry, and very frustrated.  It is hard for me to believe I can have so much trouble with foods I have enjoyed my whole life. Did I mention I love food and cooking?  Like many of you, I am a bit upset and suspicious of the USDA and other government agencies who must be allowing some new and bad stuff into the food. Now I am reading all this information about food and nutrition, and as some of you have noted, it makes you afraid of the grocery store. It is really difficult and also expensive to buy everything organic, but I am certainly trying, and much more aware. It is worse for me, since I have a spouse who also does not understand how this is all happening, and sometimes makes me feel like I am being a purposeful drama queen!  I am trying chinese medicine now, and everyone and everything I read indicates clean out the toxics.  Chinese herbalist said I could eat pork, so I ran to the store to buy some pork chops for dinner. (they were delicious!). No problem the next morning....but  about 15 hours after the meal, have a case of itchy hives developing! Taking probiotics, and some herbs for candida too..(chiropractor/healer told me I needed this, plus after a month of staph infections as a result of the hives....I have taken enough antibiotics to kill all the bacteria in my body for several lifetimes I suspect)I am soooo frustrated and sick of turkey! Want to be regular and be able to eat again!! Read a book that recommended exotic game, things I have never eaten and have no intolerance to. I have not yet taken the step of ordering rattlesnake, turtle and ostrich....but it just may come to that soon.  Has anyone out there developed all these allergies all at ounce as adults and then gotten better? Most things I read say when you get this as an adult, it tends to stick around. I am looking into the Ger son clinic therapy, but bet it is not cheap, and certainly not covered by insurance.  Making juice every hour and giving myself several coffee enamas a day dose not sound like something I can realistically adhere to either....  I dream of the day I can enjoy a surf and turf dinner again, without breaking into weepy dripping hives all over my face! Glad to have found this forum, where at least I can vent a bit with folks who understand what I am going through.
So sorry to read your post ... my daughter was similar to you when she was a toddler and outgrew it all but I realize you are an adult so that isn't too helpful other than I can relate .... All she could eat for a year was chicken and parsnips.  Being the outbreak is 15hrs after ingestion, has your allergist suggested that it's a delayed reaction? Is there a way to prevent it from happening if it's not necessarily IgE mediated .. or maybe it is .. I don't know.  Just a thought.

Do you carry an Epi Pen?

Is it possible you are allergic to milk? Caseine can be found in many meats and is used as sodium caseinate as a preservative in foods .

Perhaps your Dr will allow you a trial off all milk and soy, too.  Drinkig something like Rice Dream milk if you are allowed.  Give it a few weeks and see if anything improves.

Do you have GERD too?

Allergic Eosinophillic Esophagitis comes to mind with so many allergies ..

One other thought .. will your Dr allow low-dose of predinsone ??  Maybe ask about that to help keep things at bay to calm down so your body has a chance at reintroductions if your doctor will allow if deemed severely intolerant and not life threatenigly allergic which only your doctor can determine.

C~
a couple things . Adrenal Fatigue is completely overlooked. Doctors dont even know about it really, they just do a cortisol test, which is crap instead of a 24hr cortisol test. Adrenals run so much of your body and other glands like the hypothalamus, pituitary etc hormones galore. WHen they are fatigued, the adrenals, sleep goes bye bye, and all other symptons you stated happen as well. Dark under eyes , lack of sleep. There are some home testing you can do to see if your adrenals are fatigues. I can post them up here. Saw them on another forum on here. Look for NAET allergy treatment. THey treat the cause not the symptom and are very successful. Read about it. HOpefully there is a practitioner near you. They fully have helped me. http://www.naet.com/ Some bs western med pushers tried to bash it or a quack site but all the comments responding to the articles werer people who NAET had help and saved.
Doctors seem to be so knee jerk in treating symptoms with pharmaceuticals that the causes are never found. I could be a doctor without a degree! Environmental toxins, pharmaceutical side effects and the processed foods we eat are never acknowledged or identified by doctors. Doctors, today, are part of the problem, not part of the solution!  
OMG, I am in the same boat.  I am a complete foodie who reads cookbooks for fun.  Want to open a small restaurant someday.....I love to dine out and I love to cook.  I love food more than my husband.  I am 39yrs old
I have not been the same since I had MRSA 2x last year.  I don't know if it is connected with anything that has been happening to me.
I finally went to the dr and told him I have not been right.  Severe exhaustion like never before, major memory lapses (scary), severe leg/ankle joint pain, severe gastro problems, psoriasis out of control on scalp, poor color, bloating, dark circles under eyes, and nauseas and sick ALL the time.
GP said oh, maybe you have diabetes, maybe you have low b12, or maybe you're just depressed. He tested me, and no diabetes, b12 was low end of normal, and hell ya, who wouldn't be depressed.
Went to an OB/GYN/WomensHealth/Homeopath.  She diagnosed Adrenal Fatigue, and Leaky Gut...Took me off Gluten and Dairy, put me on Spirutein Soy smoothies, probiotics, and fish oil.  Tested me for Lyme (neg).....ran blood....everything came back low....cortisol, b12, d, hormones etc.
After a month of Gluten, and dairy (to a point, snuck some cheese) I never felt better in my life.  Face was not bloated, color was better, pains gone! A miracle....untill it wasn't I thought I was being contaminated everywhere I went.  I was getting sick again.  She ran the igG test on me, and it came back a 419, and allergic to 35 different foods.  All of a sudden, things I have felt my whole life and dismissed as something else, like the beginning feeling of a cold sore....NO, it was an allergic reaction.....Getting rid of gluten was like stepping on a hornets nest....now everything was highlighted and it was getting worse.  I ate a jello cup....my lips swelled, I got a rash under them, I got hives, my hands swelled, throat and nose itched like crazy.  I was scared.
I am afraid to eat...b/c I am reacting to things NOT ON THE LIST as well
I don't want to put food in my mouth....I wait to react.  I can't live like this.  The spirutein....that has pea protein...I'm allergic to pea.....
The killers....Chicken, Dairy (casein/whey), gluten, bakers and brewers yeasts, strawberries, rasberries, watermelon, pineapple, peaches, plums, onions, parsley, cilantro, vanilla, lemon, oats, bay leaves, cinamon, nutmeg, clams, oysters, POTATO, ICEBERG LETTUCE....WHAT IN THE WORLD....that's just to name a few....
What is happening to me?  WHY!!!!!????????
This all sounds to familiar. What i think took me down was "stress" hard stress over prolonged period of time. I probably was slightly intolerant of certain foods looking back now but nothing major. Without going into detail, this past year finally took me down. Losing millions, being a caretaker, getting out of shape first time in my life didnt help. I look back and see certain sensitivities (not knowing what they were but how i felt and how my stomach would blowup up) compared to always having my six pack.

Im a very emotional person in the sense that i "care" .. i care to much sometimes. Im a fixer, i find the problem and fix it and ive done that my whole life. When i finally saw the buildup of stress happening it was to late. From a breakup, to the loss of millions in my company, trying to take care and moving back in with parents to help my dad, i 'crashed". My friend wanted to take me out but i had no interest. i felt ugly, overweight and all i could think was how could i be going out when i need to get back on track , get into shape, take care of parents etc etc.. I DWELLLL. ITs the worst thing for anyone to do and my thoughts kept compounding.

THen it happened. Tried to have a drink or two and instead of say the next day being tired or little headache, barely after drinking 2 small alcohol drinks i had a headache and my gut was killing me. That was just the start. Now imagine, im already stressed, i have anger at many things, i have guilt, frustration, fearrrrrrr (is the big one) .. i go from having it all and taking care of things to what in the hell is going on. My "emotional" state and my CNS had had enough. I got sick. I rarely get sick but i got cold going around in January. After that things werent the same. I couldnt eat anythinggggggggggg wthout a reaction. I was scared to eat like many of you. i was popping benadryl like crazy but i need to differenciate allergic to tolerance. Mine or mostly mine werent immediate, they were delayed. Hours later or hour ..etc

I had standard blood tests and got tired of the telling me it was my "anxiety" which ive had my whole life, beat it the last 15 years but it came back a little with what has happened. I weighed 208, mind you, that is heavy for me , way to heavy for my in shape weight is 180. I wasnt eating and or "absorbing" nutrients. Its the worst feeling in the world. i felt out of touch, off balance, insecure, anxious, certain spots on my head would hurt , base of my skull like something was taking over. My weight went down to about 187 in a short period of time. I started to say i need to do somethign for now. Went to the local juicer guy and was doing juicers to stablize me while i tried to figure it out and deal with the inept doctors nowadays that have no lateral thinking except , find the symptom and give you meds to treat the symptom.

I was a healthy person most all my life. I want to know WHY, not the symptom but WHY and WHAT is happening. I said," dont give me that age thing" this hasnt happened before like this. Go look at forum dates. Its happening to many of us in our 30 and 40's. Hmmm why doesnt my parents have these issues. Sure my dad with all his ailments takes meds and i know by his stomach he is probably sensitive to some foods but they are both fine .

I watched to videos, they made all the sense in the world. We dont eat off the land anymore. We get shoved down our throats media and advertising all the foods and hmmm how good they are. How much msg, fake sugars, fillers, they add addictive ingredients (see why you like cheese so much) and the cycle keeps going and going. We were brought up when this took off and happened. Now, mix in the younger ones that are in their late 20's. They were born into this world of fake foods, additives, plastics, all the radio frequencies, computers, plasmas, phones etc.. add that to your system. Then add in the stress we all have and many ladies here have a load on them besides taking care of their husband but also have kids. Money issues..etc..

i had to search outside the box. Sure, ill get my blood test from my MD and say thank you and walk away. He isnt going to treat the problem , he doesnt know. You need to find a "functional medicine" practitioner. Many of these are MD's that believe in alternative ways and look for the problem to fix not the symptom. Diet is key. The "GUT" is where it all starts . The gut is so critical to everything . It makes the serotonin in the brain. Yep.. it works with all those glads, the pituitary, hypothalamus, thyroid and adrenals.. all of them.

We need to do a deep cleanze. Clear out the bowels through doing colon hydro therapy. Detox the liver , spleen, pancreas etc... so many "CHRONIC" illnesses can be cleaned up and even cured. So much has been suppressed on this its amazing because the pharma companies dont make money healing you , they make money when your doctor gives you a prescription. Sure, western med is needed, but the basics are the basics.

Needless to say, i got to the point where i had a nervous breakdown.I tried to control my thoughts but i kept dwelling and there was no positive to think about. I would shake, under nourished, major depression  andallt he signs. Bowel movements totally changed, my incredible horny sex drive completely downthe tubes (just speaking straight here) my skin waslooking horrible, sensitive to the sun andi never was before etc i thought ihad MS and symptoms of every damn disease.

a naturalist got me a little back on track with some basic food i could eat and whole food supplements and minerals. That saved me. Now, working on my mind is the biggest element. That can throw your rythums off so bad in your body its amazing. The cheap IGG and IGE test from the doctors officeshowed , get ready for this, i wasnt allergic to any food...WHATTTTTT.. i did haver a few enviromental sensitivities like cats and certain trees.

You need to get , on your own, the in depth IGG and IGE test. Were talking for food intolerance where they test over 150 foods. I found a couple places for inexpensive that do it without a doctors approval. Once i have that , and though im being treated by my NAET (you should look into that) she immediately looked at me the first time i went to her and said " emotional "... my emotions were playing on my organs.. no harmony. my cns took a crap. i told her i barely made it there. She didnt even treat me for food allergies andsaid it would take some time. Treated me for emotional allergies and then acupuncture. I felt much better leaving.

SO i will continueing to go to her and once i get that test back i will giveit to her. Now i had to find an "open minded" MD that practiced functional medicine. http://www.functionalmedicine.org/ click on functional medicine resources and find a practitioner near you. Make sure you look at what their specialty is. Some are dentist some are nutritionist but look for the MD's and Internal medicine doctors andif they have a website go to it. As an example, i was lucky and found dr. McCann http://www.drkellymccann.com/welcome.html . Read what she is and what she does and how thourgh she is. Look up dr. Hyman http://drhyman.com/ who is the director of IFM. Look at hispage and all the chronic , incurable diseases he has successfully treated. Watch the videos. Look up Dr. ****** on youtube. that is a big one...

....continued.. ran out of room.....
Point is that our bodies were made to heal themselves period. If we give our bodies the tools to get correct and heal, it can knock out cancers and immune system problems but you wont hear muchabout it because the ama and other governing bodies block it. One lady had the worst cancer of all. Went tothe mayo clinic and they said you have six months to live, get your finances in order etc..(personally how they did that to her i would haver hit them, no compassiona) She instead went to dr. ******'s therapy treatment. In short, she is alive and well today, went back to the doctor at mayo clinic and asked him to sign something stating that she was fully recovered and it wasnt with his treatment. He went to do it , the hospital called the police and police treated her like a terrorist. That doctor was so amazed at her recover and appauled by the hosptial he quit and wanted to help people that needed it without the restrictions.

Sorry this is long, but reading these boards i feel your pain. IT hastotally changed my life now and im on theway back. I finally will see my functional medicine doctor , get checked out right, work with my functional dentist ( very important you dont have bad tooth or teeth, major cause of illness) make sure i get mecury tested etc.. cleanout my body and soul, shed my skinas they say, and rebuild myself wth a from the earth type of eating which is what we were made to do not all this crap they shove down our throats.

I will keep you all updated but look around at some of those sites and what they are doing.Look  at the little girl dr. hyman helped... its amazing..

JP
All I can say to all the pain and confusion that everyone here is expressing is "I understand".  I never had allergies until 2 years ago (age 48) when I got lupus like flares and happen to find out they were triggered by gluten, alcohol and dairy, all of which I ate with impunity before.

My sister (who lives in another state) and I developed similar symptoms after a long emotionally stressful family event we came together to help with. My flares have gone away with behavioral changes but hers have progressed to include neurological implications.  

We have both had loads of tests from IM's, Rheumatologists, Gastroenterologists etc. Ruled out Celiacs, Crones, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, candida.  Both our sedimentation rates and body inflammation markers are high. I think what I am doing is making the difference between my symptoms becoming more like hers but of course I can not be sure.  It is extreme but it might help someone if I describe what I've found to be important so here goes:

I'm eating a mostly organic, vegan diet and slowly losing the extra weight I've been carrying. I do have 2-4 small servings of lean organic meat on the weekends but make sure I get 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of beans every day.  I've stopped eating sugar, saturated fats, white and any other processed foods, chocolate (I sometimes have carob when I'm desperate). I no longer drink any alcohol, nor eat any wheat, barley or oats as they trigger the lupus like episodes in me. I even only eat whole grains (quinoa, teff, millet) sparingly trying to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. No dairy or soy though I do drink unsweetened almond milk regularly as it doesn't cause me any problems. (just as much calcium). Mostly I eat vegetables and fruits.  I rarely eat out, make my own lunches and big batches of soup, or one pot meals to put in the freezer to reheat for lunches and dinners.  I try to have at least one big green vegi salad each day (with balsamic, wine, or cider vinegar and pepper for dressings). I try to eat half my vegetables raw and half cooked every day.

I also have rid my life of as many environmental toxins as possible.  I've changed all my personal care products, cleaners or anything that might contain any toxins over to the least toxic versions.  I don't wear perfume, use vinegar and castile soap to make and use unscented products anywhere I absolutely have to buy something.  We don't eat canned goods, I have learned to can my own soups, stews, beans etc. It's taken me a couple of years to make all the changes and I am still coming across things I need to find replacements for but it has all been worth it.

I know all of this sounds extreme but it does seem to be helping me and my sedimentation rate has dropped from 50 to 40 (30 and below are normal). The upside is not only have I not had a return of the lupus like episodes which were really painful and lasted several weeks but it really helps in losing weight.

I don't know if this will help anyone out there but I hope it will encourage you all to keep trying.  Go back to eating and living more like your great grand parents and it may help.  If they could do it we can too. And if it makes us healthier and happier isn't that really the goal?
Good luck to all of you.
Wow, I've just read all of these comments and I truly understand and sympathize with everyone here.  I am a type I diabetic since I was a child (sudden onset  2 days after my first dental filling!) Toxicity and metals will alter your central nervous system and immune function!! Our entire food/water supply is contaminated and the air you breathe is also contaminated with various chemicals that your immune system reacts and adapts to on a daily basis. You all have inflammation and every cell of your bodies has receptors for cytokines/histamines/hormones etc.  You have UP-regulated those receptor sites and you're all SUPER duper sensitive and reacting to everything. It seems like a runaway process...
Let me tell you something your doctor will never tell you EVER.  Ready for this??   If you drink your morning urine it can DOWN REGULATE all these receptors that are making you overreactive.
read about this...they did this 100 year ago to kids with autoimmunities and asthma, etc. It calms your immune system. It's a way of inducing self-tolerance.   I want all of you to research this. If you tell your doctors you are doing it you will be straight up laughed at, -I was!...until my bloodwork came back and my glycohemoglobin went from a 7.6 to a 6.5 in 3 months! (In the past 2 years it's never been below 7.2 and a normal non-diabetic reading is between 4-6!)  Remember, I'm not a fat Type 2 diabetic, I'm an athletic, healthy, 130 lb, straight up autoimmune, longstanding Type I).
I know it sounds gross, but if it helps, and if you get better do you care?  Hold your nose and drink it, first thing in the morning. Wait 30 mins before eating any food.
...if little old guys in china who are 120 and look like they're 50 can do it, I figured I could too.  I have the same problems as all of you.  Incredibly allergic to wheat and dairy, nuts, chocolate, bananas, alcohol.  Major hypersensitivities, couldn't eat a damn thing. And now that I"ve  eliminated everything that was causing reactions, whenever I DO get exposed to something I can immediately feel it. Inflammation, raised blood sugars, cramps, bloating..the works.  I eat a much simpler diet now and take massive amounts of food grade vitamin C (not the ascorbic acid crap...take raw camu camu powder) ...start detoxing yourselves.  
Humans are not supposed to eat grains and dairy milk. Do you want to be fat like a cow???? No, eat meats and veggies.  Your body can heal itself and your urine is a living/structured food that is perfectly tailored to you. It's a way of self vaccination.  No one else is going to heal you.  Pay attention to your body...it's telling you something. the FDA is not paid to heal or protect you, nor is the medical industry.
Good luck and be strong everybody!
Antibiotics kill our stomachs system

Simply get a poo transplant .. Yes honest there is a guy here in the UK gives you a poo transplant from a normal healthy person and all goes back to normal.

Don't take antibiotics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy
see your doctor, you may be experiencing a thyroid problem....problably low thyroid.     People do not realize how much is affected in the body when the thyroid is not functioning properly.  I have had this issue and it does take time to get regulated again.  My recommendation is to see an endocronologist who's specialty is the endoctrine system.  The sooner you do this the better.
I have to ask you guys a question. I am 46 years old and had only a mild allergic reaction to peach when i was a child(hives).
This year i had a flu shot at CVS  two week ago and half an hour after i felt warm , kind of hot flashes  then my throat started to feel  tight. I had a rapid heart rate not too bad but rapid. I started to panic. I was  at Target so I went  to the bathroom to check myself if i have any rash , hives, or swelling and No I didn't hqve any of those ,  no itchy feeling at all. The only symptom i had was tight throat but I was  able to  breath  normal no breathing problems, i drank water i swallowed well.
I went to the  pharmacist and told her what happened and asked  her to check my throat if it is closing? She looked and said she didn't see  anything abnormal my ways were open. I then thought may be this is anxiety, i took
0. 25 mg of Xanax and my throat stabilized and went back to normal slowly in half an hour. Same night i had chills but that was it. Inwas feeling normal. 8 days after i felt like a thumb is pushing to my throat continiusly my mouth was watery saliva  all the time. I was breathing normal and swallowing normal. When i ate and drank water choking feeling went away and came back with in ten minutes again Two days i felt like that. It was a weekend somI could nit go to my doctor butbsent him a text.I finally heard from the doctor  He said that it could be reflux and told me to try Pepcid Control and also added that it could be from my anxiety panic disorder so told me to take Xanax too  I took a very little amount of PepcidControl and i felt way better. I took in the afternoon  again and it reversed Same night i took Xanax and went to sleep. Next day i woke  up without any symptoms. My doctor does not think that this is an allergic reaction but he also put in hisnrcirds that i had thisnreaction after the flu vaccine.  But since then I am terrified to eat  anything. Could throat tightenng without any other symptoms be anapylaxis shock? Or is it really reflux or my panic disorder made  me feel  like this. my doctor didn't think that i could be allergies but h said he put a note to my rcirds that i had this throat tightening b an allergic reaction! I also think that i had coffee after the flu vaccine and when i felt i was choking a week after. Could throat tightening without any other symptoms be an allergic reaction to coffee?  Should i make an appointment to a specialist? Please help me I have panic disorder. I haven't ate much over the last two weeks. Scearred.
These are all things that when we read them, we think, no, no NO!  I don't want to be allergic to anything.  First it was shrimp (anaphylactic) , then wheat (sinus), and most recently, almonds after eating them my whole life.  I stayed nauseated almost continually for 2 months, had tests run, doctor visits, no clues until I stumbled onto a site similar to this.  On just a hunch (actually I prayed for wisdom to discern what was causing the problem), I gave up almonds and almond milk and was completely symptom free within a day and a half.  Now a month later, the nausea is back with a vengeance and I'm back to process-of-elimination.  On one hand, we want to know the truth so that we can fix it, but on the other, it's scary because you don't want to be told you're allergic to one of your very favorite foods.  They say there's no cure for a food allergy, but I wish there were...people weren't always like this years ago.  I read some of your horror stories about suddenly becoming allergic to EVERYTHING.  I don't want that to happen to me!  Was up nauseated most of last night and itching all over...and I eat healthy foods, so whatever I have to eliminate will be something full of vitamins, minerals, fiber.  :(
i feel the same way, from the 6 panels that i have done i am only not allergic to eggplant, corn, chicken, and pork.
i have not found a protein shake that i can have that doesnt have milk soy whey rice in it, have you found anything?
i can not have wheat or pretty much any grain i am on 25 and i am sooo beyond frustrated and depressed,
I had that problem too. I started when I was on steriods and everything I ate was making me sick. I was having atypical migraines with visual disturbances and finally realized some of the migraines were due to eating preservatives and certain foods I was sensitive too. If you stay away and build up your immune system, that will help.  Also, check into the intrinsic factor, that was what I think causes my food allergies.
I just recently experienced the food allergies and they get worse by the day! I have always been in tune with my body and remember my naturopath telling me I had a inflamed gut which I thought we treated but due to stress, caffeine, alcohol and etc I believe it has flared up again! It is called leaky gut syndrome aka a lot of symptoms can tie in to this! Google it, here is one website that just briefly goes over it.
http://www.treatleakygut.net/leaky-gut-syndrome-symptoms/
and look up ways to treat leaky gut syndrome. I am in the process of the nutritional aspects of it and plan on using massage therapy and chiropractor and possibly acupuncture to help cool down the immune system and gut! Good luck everybody!
have u been tested for lyme disease? sounds like all symptoms are related
you need an MD trained in "functional/integrative medicine. They go for the cause not the symptom. Doctors treat symtpoms not the problem, because they arent trained that way.

Dr. Hyman .. go to his website. CLick on the disease and look what he has cured, fixed and or made much much better. YOu will be educated on so may things. He is part of the board of the institute of functional medicine. Go to that site.. at the top is a navigation bar. Click on until you can find the  ' Find a functional medicine doctor in your area" . Then, make sure when looking for someone they are MD, Internal Medicine , Family Practice and have an MD next to their name. Then find one that has a webpage. It will be there. IF they dont, go to the next one. They changed my life.
I too have had sudden onset of food and environmental allergies. I have been to see gp after gp allergist and so on I'm fed up. I too am ending up in the er and having to have shots of adrenalin I can't find the common denominator. With me the severe migraines started after having my first child then after having my second child and half my thyroid removed the allergic reactions started only then they kept telling me they were anxiety attacks that was 5 years ago and every day has been a constant battle. Only 1 year ago I found out they were allergies. I too am now too scared to step outside and live and don't know what else to try my doctor is starting to make me feel like an idiot because I'm demanding to see another specialist but he has no idea to send me to. The scratch and allergy test determined that I had a lot of allergies but in my mindset I'm seeing that a lot of these comments are from women and after giving birth with that and my other symptoms i strongly feel that it hormonal or something is causing these symptom and I can't shake the feeling that there is an underlying cause I'm not expecting a miracle cure but not knowing what's wrong with me is literally driving me crazy to the point of suicide. I feel like I'm in this on my own and the people around don't understand the severity of all this. I live in a small town and my funds are running low I need any suggestions I can get I'm disparate plz help me.
I've had similar problems, and I have yet to really pinpoint the cause. However, it turns out that I'm HEAVILY deficient in Vitamin D (5 ng/ml).

I just started supplementing my vitamin D. In order to enhance it, I was told to take Magnesium too (200 or 200x2 daily).

As it turns out, whenever I take the magnesium, my strange allergies

** This might not be your problem ** but anyone who posted here and who has done all the other tests should look into Vitamin D deficiency and/or magnesium deficiency.

Also, B12 deficiency could indicate intrinsic factor issues with your stomach (my B12 is fine though).
Oops!

I meant to write:

As it turns out, whenever I take the magnesium, my strange allergies become much milder.

I'm still wondering if it's connected to the vitamin D deficiency. I've only started supplementing 5 days ago, and it supposedly takes months to get better.

I'll try and remember to come back here and post after a few months!
I agree with you....I am allergic to almost everything.  It has been a nightmare on one hand but a relief on the other....for years they said I had Lupus or an Auto-Immune disorder....the Allergist told me not to come back that I was allergic to everything he tested me for....food mostly. I am celiac, allergic to peanuts, all root vegetables like carrots and potatoes, melons, except watermelon, bananas, soy, lemons and oranges, etc....I ate all of these things growing up and I wasn't allergic to anything. I can eat meat, most milk products, rice, berries, green beans, but no peas or beans...which means no humus...it is a living nightmare on some levels.  I believe it is the GMO's and the deliberate manipulation of food from changing DNA to Pesticides to adding more gluten to flour.  Everyday I must take benadryl just to be out in the world.  I can't go to restaurants and I only eat organic free of peanuts, wheat, soy....etc....Supplementation is the way to go...magnesium, Vit D, all B vitamins, coconut oil, etc.....I ate peanut butter all my life and now if I smell it it can kill me!  Epi Pens everywhere!!!!
i'm in similar boat. i'm around 32 as well and recently got hit with mild gi issues and food allergy.  i also feel strong suspicion on gmos.  i feel better with organic soy, beef,etc . i strictly stick with organics as i had some unpleasant discomfort with non-organics and use caution for trying new foods.

but i also developed allergy to some food regardless organic or not such as egg, brocolli, apple just to name a few, which is weird considering i never had problems with these before.

gmo makers secretly putting them in our food supply is very evil. i earnestly hope those evil bastards get what they deserve for such injustice.

in the meantime, i'm investigating cure with my family doctor and specialists.

Its going to be difficult unless you have a functional medicine MD. They know the extensive test beyond standard MD's . Standard MD's aren't taught these things and don't have specialties in many other areas. Their IGG IGA IGM tests pale in comparison to outside labs they don't even know about. You can order "certain" labs yourself and pay online and the results sent to your doctor but not sure they will know what to do. Find a functional medicine doctor, an MD or internal medicine at the functional medicine website . There is a drop down to choose from. I agree with you on the crap being put into our foods. Soy isn't as great as some may think. There are many other reason why this has happened, trust me I know. Tests like Neuro Science test , Geno test to name a couple make all the difference in the world. Food now compared to 10 20 etc years ago just isn't the same.
Hi everyone,  Here's something different to think about : Electro-pollution can cause a lot of symptoms.  Try unplugging all appliances in the bedroom, try turning off wifi (at the router too!), turn off the cordless phone - or even better replace it with a corded phone, even try turning off as much of the household power circuits as you can overnight at least.  Make sure you don't live close to a cell phone tower.
Electric fields, magnetic fields, dirty electricity and high frequency microwave radiation can cause a lot of unwellness.
I am finding that I can no longer eat chocolate (and I love chocolate!), smoked salmon, Thai food and some other things - still working it out - I get pain in my head and sinuses and feel nauseaus.  I do notice that having a good 'environment' in the house is helpful to me.
this sounds a bit extreme. i don't know if this is meant to be helpful or a mockery or others with health problem.

no tv, no computers, no sex too eh?  asking a little too much aren't we?
mockery? She wasn't, she was stating facts. I grew up with no technology, advent of the internet , pagers and then cell phones. People don't understand what WIFI and EMF frequencies do to people. There are people that have become so sensitive that they have moved out of certain areas.

I'm not allergic but iam sensitive. Your router or modem/router combo, which is common, puts out a ton of EMF and WIFI. Here is a site that talks about dirty electricity and situations that are happening. You can always click to the main page, this is going directly to the research page.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Its not about getting rid of all of it, but we didn't or technology tolerance isn't in our genes, any of us. Thousands of years none of it existed, like there were no refrigerators or food cabinets but now were stock up with them. Its balance. Limit the amount of LCD's, plasmas, xbox, ps2, cell phones, routers, modems, notebooks, etc , in a single room. In one room, I had a plasma, notebook, cell phone, computer and the router until I moved the router. I would leave everything off unless I used it and it did make a difference.

JP

Hey all. I started getting tummy troubles about 10 years ago n found out I was gluten intolerant so I did a gluten free diet which helped.  But then I started getting sick all the time which caused anxiety and depression. I went through psychologists and medication which I didn't like so I tried a natropath. Anyway I ended up googling (not the best idea but I was desperate) found the candida diet n ssymptoms of which I had 90% of them.  This diet is very strict and you need strobg probiotics but after a few weeks I began ferling normal then a majority of my symptoms went including my anxiety. I have strayed a bit as hard to stick to but I have changed my diet alot. You will lose weight though and feel yucky during the detox. But the only thing is now im getting face rashes that burn and itch so no doubt im allergic to something else. Good luck to everyone :)