Allergy Community
Sudden bruising on all my fingers/fingertips?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden bruising on all my fingers/fingertips?

I recently returned home from dining out and noticed that when I came home I suddenly had a sharp frontal headache, stomach discomfort with a severe diarrhea episode. Upon leaving the bathroom, I noticed that ALL of the fingers on only my right hand had begun to immediately bruise in spots on both the front and back and had swelled up quite a bit.

I really don't feel any pain on my fingers, and I don't recall any sort of sudden trauma to my hand recently, but I've never experienced anything like this before. I tried doing some research to see if bruising could be related to food allergies and found no connection.

I'm putting a cold compress on my fingers and I took a benadryl to hopefully help with the swelling, but I don't know if I should seek immediate medical attention or just play it by ear. Anyone know what would cause something so suddenly?