Allergy Community
Suffering from allergies for 3 years

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Suffering from allergies for 3 years

First time on this forum.  For the last three years I have developed a progressively worsening allergy to many allergens (I just started w an ENT who also treats allergies and I was severely allergic to everything but oak trees and food).  This started as a little sniffling here and there and has progressed to polyps in my sinuses, recurrent sinus infections (every few weeks), debilitating asthma.  I am on Singulair, Advair, Albuterol, Xyzol, Nasonex and even the absolutely horrendous Prednisone (anywhere from 40 to 10mgs depending on how bad I am).  This asthma has SHUT ME DOWN.  I used to exercise a lot, 5-6 times a day, but now it's a struggle.  I'm constantly wheezing.  I've been on allergy shots for about 8 weeks and don't feel anything yet.  I've also recently taken an Immunoglubulin E (igE) test, in the hope of starting on Xolair, which I'm HOPING will help w the asthma.  Wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar, and wondering if anyone has seen any improvement w Xolair. Thanks very much.
I have had allergies for Ten years, and after five years of using a lot of over the counter medicines that do not work, I finally seen a ENT specialist who gave me a kenalog shot that worked within the first five minutes.
He also prescribed Allegra D to me and that drug works a little, not as well as the shot though. I have been told not to use the shot so often as it can make your bones brittle and also make you go blind over time.

I know that when I use nose sprays it makes my breathing even more difficult. My major symptons are mainly my nose gets stuffed so bad that I get clicking in my nose and I have no air coming in or out, I just can't breathe.

The doctor told me that the clicking in my nose is from the sinues being swollen. Some years are worse then others for me, as now I am getting burning itching red swollen eyes along with the clogged nose, none of symptons are in my chest only in my head.

Do you have any of these symptons or does anyone out have these symptons? I am trying to find other alternatives so that I don't have to get the Kenalog shot every year. I belive I may be allergic to some thing that blooms around August and September.