Allergy Community
Sun Allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Sun Allergy

Im all new to the thinking in I have a sun allergy. it was when my freind touch me to get nails done and I got a rash for the uv nails drys in less then 5 mins.I all was got sun bruns verry fast but in the last few years it getting worse.is it nomal for your eyes to get bruned and get tan lines on them?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sun allergy can be hereditary or triggered by exposure to certain substances like fragrances or disinfectants or cosmetics. This can worsen with time and can affect the skin around the eyes, as this area is more sensitive. Wearing protective clothing, sun glasses and liberal application of sunscreen will help prevent sun burns. This is usually treated with topical steroids and photo therapy may help. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.