Allergy Community
Swelling of fingers while walking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swelling of fingers while walking

Why do my hands/fingers swell when i am doing my 2 mile walk?  I walk and jog throughout the 2 miles and I noticed that my fingers are swelling.

Swelling of hands and fingers while walking is not normal.It can be due to dehydration,imbalance of electrolytes in the body, hormonal imbalances, the possibility of a connective tissue disease, heart and kidney disease.

It is best to consult a physician and get yourself thoroughly investigated for all the possibilities which I have listed above.Also try to sip fluids in between when you go for walk the next time.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.