Allergy Community
Swelling on Tongue, Hands, Feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swelling on Tongue, Hands, Feet

I had a severe case of tongue and throat swelling (Constriction) yesterday night. At one point I thought I was going to choke to death. I have never been allergic to anything as far as I can remember. I started having these swellings after having sleep apnea surgery about two years ago.

At first I thought I was going crazy but after seeing the posts on this website I realize I'm not the only one who suffers these swellings.

I would appreciate any information or help that might help me get to the bottom of this issue or at least mitigate the risks it brings about.

Many thanks in advance.

It would be very difficult to say anything without a proper clinical evaluation and detailed clinical history.

You need to consult your doctor and talk to him/her in detail about your symptoms.

You should call up your doctor immediately next time if you have similar symptoms or even go to the ER if required.

Talk  to your doctor whether you need to keep antihistamine or antiallergic medications at hand.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and also keep us posted about how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.