Allergy Community
Swelling under eyes..Could it be from allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I have had constant swelling under my eyes for two months.  I completed the allergy testing and do have seasonal allergies.  I am taking Zyrtec-D and a nasal spray prescribed by my ENT.  Still no reduction in swelling.  The swelling is worse when I wake up.. I have tried all techniques to reduce and nothing.  Have been to opthamologist, ENT, primary dr, dermatologist and allergist.  No one can say for sure what is going on.
I once had an allergy to aspirin that caused swelling around my eyes. Eventually, for some reason, I ceased to be allergic to it.

If what you have is an allergy, it is possible that Zyrtec will not affect it. I have much better luck with the old-fashioned Benadryl. Give that a try and see if the swelling goes away.