Swollen Eyelids
I've used the same type of make-up and face-wash for three years. I went on a vacation to south america, and while i was there, I got sick. I continued wearing make-up and face-wash while I was sick, and ever since, my eyelids get swollen a lot. They swell whenever I use face-wash, make-up, shampoo, conditioners, or any lotions, even if not on the affected area! Even the "for sensitive skin" and hypoallergic products make my face swell. Even surrounding pollen and animals make them swell! They swell near the lashes, mostly on the upper eyelids. That is the only symptom. They are not red, itchy, scaly, flakey, or dry. Just swollen.

I went to a derm, who said that my body probably associated the virus I had with the chemicals in all the products above, so when I use them my body reacts. Same with the animals and pollen. She told me to avoid all for 6 weeks, and then my immune system would "forget" to react to all of the above. However, it has been impossible to avoid animals and pollen (as it's spring and I have a dog and a cat) so my eyes have been swollen for a majority of the last 6 weeks.

Antihistimanes don't really work all that effectively, only solving the problem for an hour or two, and ive tried zyrtec, benadryl, XYZAL (oral solution), and cloderm (1% cream).

Could my derm be right? Could that cause this? Is there a name for that? What else could be the problem and what could fix it? This has been going on for over 3 months and Im desperate for an answer! They are not terribly swollen, not enought to be noticable but enough to be very uncomfortable and give me headaches!
Hi, welcome to the forum, swollen eyelid can be secondary to allergy. Which is due to hypersensitivity reaction (type 1). We cannot rule out the allergen, we can just guide to rule out the probable allergen. Drugs like amoxicillin, pets, certain garments, environmental allergen and certain food (fish, mushroom, peanuts, soy etc) can cause such reaction.

Also swollen eyelids or face are sign of kidney disorder. The renal disease (kidney) like nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, and renal failure can cause such symptoms. You need to undergo urine analysis, renal function tests and radio imaging of the kidneys to rule out the cause and should be treated promptly to prevent further complications.  

Allergic conjunctivitis needs antihistamines and also corticosteroids in severe cases.  

I suggest you to consult ophthalmologist/physician for further evaluation without delay. Take care and regards.