Allergy Community
Swollen eyelids, hives

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swollen eyelids, hives

I have swollen eyelids that come and go, almost like hives, but rarely itch.  Can be one or several.  On omnicef for sinus infection, but doctor doesn't think this is causing it.  Before omincef had a sulfer type med that caused swelling in joints, sick stomach, rash, fever.  Have been on Omicef 5 days.  Started having strange raised bumps for three days that come and go.  Will say that two weeks ago had actual hives around eyes and think it was caused from eye cream.  Any ideas as to what is going on?  Today, had to leave work.  Eyes burned and itched and lids swelled.  I know that I had just put contact eye drops in.  Other times can just wake up with them or have them appear at any time.
Tags: swollen, hives
      Hives are red bumps that can appear anywhere on the body suddenly with or without itching and disappear on their own or with use of antihistamines. In certain patient’s there has been relation between use of certain medicines or allergies, environmental factors employed in the occurrence of hives. I think eye cream or omnicef could be the cause for developing hives in your case. I would recommend that you consult a allergist for further work up and confirmation of the cause for this. Best.