Allergy Community
Swollen face and lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swollen face and lips

I keep getting really bad swollen lips and face, sometimes it can be just one side of my face, it does be painful when swollen, and i also cannot feel down that side of my face, before the bad swelling i would get like a tingle sensation but most of the time it is at its worst when i just wake in the morning and the swelling can last for two days at times. i have ended up in the hospital on a ventilater because my tongue swell up and i couldnt breathe
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Facial swelling or  the build-up of fluid in the tissues of the face may be caused by a variety of conditions such as allergic reaction, angioedema, drug reactions, injury or trauma to the face, salivary gland disorders, sinusitis and even tooth abscess. If you experienced difficulty of breathing in the past, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. If it is an allergic reaction, identification of the trigger and antihistamine medications may help. An allergy test may also help identify cause. Take care and do keep us posted.