Allergy Community
Swollen throat for an entire year and a half after over doing it with s...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Swollen throat for an entire year and a half after over doing it with singing

I'm 16 and I'm a metal vocalist. I do "growling," a technique using the false cords. When I started growling, I did it in a way that didn't hurt at all. Then one day I tried to push it really hard and after this, my it felt like there was a huge lump in my throat. I have felt like this ever since. Now, when I try to growl/scream, do any technique involving my false cords, or even yell, my throat hurts and swells up even more.

Now right after the incident, I just did it anyways for 2 months and developed nodules from it. I did speech therapy and go rid of them but the swelling stayed. I went to the ENT and he said it was allergies, and that my throat as swollen from post nasal drip. I doing allergy drops and have been for 8 months and it hasn't stopped. I also live in Austin, Texas.

I'm normally pretty healthy.

I have never heard of anyone having this and curing it. Is there any way out?

This is driving me insane. Is there anything I can do to stop this? What do you people recommend?