Swollen throat for an entire year and a half after over doing it with singing
I'm 16 and I'm a metal vocalist. I do "growling," a technique using the false cords. When I started growling, I did it in a way that didn't hurt at all. Then one day I tried to push it really hard and after this, my it felt like there was a huge lump in my throat. I have felt like this ever since. Now, when I try to growl/scream, do any technique involving my false cords, or even yell, my throat hurts and swells up even more.

Now right after the incident, I just did it anyways for 2 months and developed nodules from it. I did speech therapy and go rid of them but the swelling stayed. I went to the ENT and he said it was allergies, and that my throat as swollen from post nasal drip. I doing allergy drops and have been for 8 months and it hasn't stopped. I also live in Austin, Texas.

I'm normally pretty healthy.

I have never heard of anyone having this and curing it. Is there any way out?

This is driving me insane. Is there anything I can do to stop this? What do you people recommend?