Allergy Community
Systematic allergy likely?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Systematic allergy likely?

I’m a 24 year-old female who works in a restaurant. About 2 weeks ago I had a blister on the rim of my bottom lip. I immediately thought it was a cold sore but had never had one before and haven’t changed my sexual partner in over a year so was skeptical. It came on like a mosquito bite; a slight itch and burning but only lasted about two hours. Also, it was not a cluster but one single welt. After the two hours in its place was a slight discoloration maybe a bruise. Two days later I had another one on the rim of my upper lip. A day after that the same thing happened on my left eye; it went away quickly. A day or two later my right eye had a hive/blister/welt; whatever it is. After all that dissipated several sores appeared on my tongue and on the gums around my teeth. All this time my legs have been itchy periodically, but have just now turned rash-like around the knees however still not long lasting (only an hour). The mouth sores were followed by a cold with swollen lymph nodes and low-grade fever. Now that that is resolving I have had yet another strange bout of the same hives one on each hand a day apart and one on my forearm a day later all resulting in a bruise. In the last few months I have moved to a new apartment, changed my make-up powder, and birth control medication. I know I have gotten rashes from Tide laundry detergent and penicillin but otherwise I have no other known allergies. My mother has allergic reactions to Tide, most shampoos and fragranced lotions. I want to know if this is an allergic reaction and if it is serious enough to take to a doctor. Please help me figure out my strange physical problems. Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash could be due to herpes simplex infection, more so as it was accompanied by fever and swollen lymph nodes. The other causes could be due to a fungal infection, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis and scabies. Usually there is itching and some amount of inflammation with these conditions. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.