Tagament for allergies
Has anyone ever heard of adding Tagament in order to combat allergies? My 3 year old is already taking allegra, flovent and now tagament twice a day. Along with battling what some have said are hives.She has scratched herself till she has scabs on many parts of her body.  She has a special lotion, hypo allergenic shampoo, free and clear everything else that I can find.
I am almost ready to pull out my hair because it seems that no one can give me a straight answer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Tagament (cimetidine) is in a class of heartburn medications called H2 receptor blockers.  These are a special type of antihistamine which are more effective in the stomach, but they do have some effect on systemic allergic reactions.

I have heard of using ranitidine for this purpose more frequently.  

You may want to talk to her doctor about supplementing the Allegra with benadryl when she starts itching.  Liquid benadryl takes effect very quickly and greatly reduces my itching when I have it.

It may be time for an allergist if she isn't already seeing one, or a second opinion allergist if you are.  Check out the physician look up page of www.aaaai.org for a board certified allergist in your area.  My experience has been that in general the higher they appear on the search list from them, the better their reputation.

It seems like you are already doing most of what can be done.  

Good luck.
Hi, welcome to the forum, your child symptoms are suggestive of atopic or allergic dermatitis, secondary to exposure to allergen and mediated by IgE antibodies. Her/his body is known to hypersensitive to certain things.  

Tagamet is advised in Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcers. Pathological hypersecretory conditions etc. But has some effect otherwise other drugs like Leukotriene Receptor Antagonist (may be added if not controlled by antihistamines) will help to relieve the symptoms.  

Stinging insects, Aeroallergens (uncommon), Foods and additives like Milk, egg, peanuts, nuts, soy, and wheat are the most common agents to cause such dermatitis and allergies in children.

This triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided.
Treatment includes anti histaminic and glucocorticoids against prescription.

I suggest you to consult pediatrician for further investigations. Take care and regards.
Take her off the ALLERGIA as that can cause bad hives. I got horrible leg pains and hives down both my legs that by the time I knew what caused it I had to use antibiotics to heal it. Try children's ZYRTEC and one Tagament a day. Watch for an hr to see if she gets a allergic reaction to what ever she uses or eats if earache, coughing,itching start remove what ever she is using or eating for one week. Good luck