Allergy Community
Trouble breathing/ heart palpitations while eating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Trouble breathing/ heart palpitations while eating

Currently, I am 8 weeks pregnant and over the past 2-3 weeks I have started having trouble breathing while eating. It's almost instant when I take a bite that I'll have a heart palpitation and a rapid heart beat for a few seconds that will cause me to cough a time or two. Generally, I'll only have one fit like that per meal/snack but sometimes I'll get a second heart increase a few minutes in. I ate over an hour ago now and I'm still having trouble breathing- similiar to a panic attack or asthma attack. I've tried to monitor what I eat to see if there's any connection between the food but I can't seem to find any. I can eat a huge plate of gooey lasgna or a small salad and still feel the same.

One more thing- I added that I'm pregnant but this isn't the first time I've had this type of thing happen. About 6 months ago I had a week period where the same exact symptoms appeared for about a week then went away. I don't think I was pregnant then, and I never had a sign of a miscarriage so, I kind of think this isn't related to my pregnancy.
Related Discussions
Hi,
How are you? Do you have history of GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease? This conditions occurs when the stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus which  causes heartburn and other symptoms. Although this can happen anytime, this can be brought on or worsened by pregnancy.Other symptoms that can be observed include burning pain in the chest which can be increased by bending, stooping, lying down, or eating; nausea, cough or wheezing, difficulty swallowing, hiccups, hoarseness or change in voice, and even sore throat. This usually resolve after the first trimester. However, try to avoid caffeine, carbonated beverages, chocolate, citrus fruits and juices, spicy or fatty foods. Regular prenatal consult is highly recommended. Take care and best regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank