Allergy Community
VICTORIA SECRET, SECRET EMBRACE BRAS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

VICTORIA SECRET, SECRET EMBRACE BRAS

FOR ALL YOU LADIES WHO'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE VICTORIA SECRET BRAS, RASHES AND ITCHING, LESIONS, ETC....THERE'S A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST VICTORIA SECRET FOR THIS DUE TO THE FACT THAT VICTORIA SECRET BRAS USED TO BE MANUFACTURED IN INDIA AND ARE NOW MANUFACTURED IN CHINA AND IT WAS FOUND THAT FORMALEDHYDE, A CHEMICAL USED AS A PRESERVATIVE IN FABRICS TO HELP RETAIN THEIR SHAPES WE'RE PROBABLY MANUFACTURED IN THESE BRAS....CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IS OUT OF OHIO....DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR MORE INFORMATION....
OOOps, forgot to tell you ladies with the Victoria Secret Bra problems.... DO NOT SEND THE BRAS BACK TO VICTORIA SECRET....YOU'RE TAKING AWAY YOUR EVIDENCE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU.....IT'S LIKE YOUR WORD AGAINST THEIRS WITHOUT YOUR BRAS.....YOU NEED TO SAVE THEM IN THE EVENT YOU NEED THEM FOR A POTENTIAL LAWSUIT IN THE FUTURE....
I have also had allergic reactions that were unexplainable. I thought it was the soap, the lotion, the facial products I was using.......The doctor could not explain why I was breaking out in hives so badless.  I have been wearing VS bras for the past 10 plus years.  I usually purchase four bras every two years and wear them until they lose their form, then I am back purchasing them again for more than 40.00 each.  When I do the math, that would be close to 1000.00 spent in the past ten years just to find that my breast have been exposed to a chemical that could increase the chances of breast cancer.  I have family members who have had similar experiences with VS bras....Don't hesitate to report your experience.  
i have a horrible rash in the middle of my breasts though it was from laundry soap, but i have been using the same soap for years...i bought the victoria secret bio fit...loved the bra but hate this rash...any one have same reaction with this bra?
Hi, I'm glad I saw this, it could explain why I have painful lumps where my bra hits under my arms.  It started this past summer when I got my new Secrets Embrace bra off the VS Web site. I’ve been using he same bra for years, so I thought it was from my deodorant.   I’m now going home and taking off this bra and will look more into it.  
I am having the exact same problem with these red round zit looking things in the middle of my chest. But my bras aren't from VS...VS Bras don't fit right and they rarely make them in my size 32B..they're xilaration that I bought at Kohls.  I started getting them back in April of this year before I had my tubal ligation. I saw a dermatologist and she wasn't any help and just told me to use benzoil peroxide and cortizone cream. That did nothing and one got infected.  I was then put on an antibiotic cream called benzamycin, which caused red blotches all over my face. I am very upset and frustrated that they wont' go away. I can't wear any chest showing shirts because they're bright red. At one point I had about 6 of them. If anyone knows how to make them go away, please let me know.
I too just saw this information.  I have been suffering from a rash under my breasts along the braline.  I went to a dematologist who gave me 2 creams to use.  It will clear up briefly and then come back.  I have not changed my soaps, deodorant and could not understand this reaction.  Now I know why.
That explains it!!!  I also had the same reaction with the Bio Fit bra, I also experienced it with one of the panties I purchased. It was really weird that the rash only appeared in certain areas. I thought is was my body wash, but was confused because I used the body wash all over my body not in thoses areas only.With the price I payed I would have never guessed the bra and panty would cause such discomfort.
I just remembered that I did wear a VS Pink bra at that time, but I only wore it a few times because it was very tight and too uncomfortable. I just checked and it was made in the Phllipeans...I noticed that ALL of their products are made in all diff countries, maybe that is their problem. They don't know what's being put into their products. I will definitely check into the class action lawsuit.
I am in awwwwe.... i have had the same rash under my breast and thought the same thing that i wasn't washing hard enough under my breast. I have a permanent marking from it and i even had the little blisters/pimples by it...OMG...i am so surprised and still in awed that such an expensive bra can cause this...
Wow I also thought it was something els never in my wildest dreams would i have thought it was  the VS bra!!  thats all i wear !!! I have very bad dark scarring from the rash that it caused. I now hate wearing a bra at all due to the pain.  I found going for days 3-4 at a time helped out alot!!!  

Would like any info on lawsuit !!! please let me know how to file .My chest will never be the same again !!
I have had this unexplanable rash underneath my breasts, (basically where the underwire goes). It spread to apprx. 3 to 4 inches up and down my chest. It lasted about 3 months, and is finally going away. I wondered if it was the VS bra, because it started right after I bought it. The welts were large, extremely itchy and sometimes would become blistery. Very very itchy, and kept me up at night, and unbearble during the work day. I tried everything, including not wearing a bra, but it still took several months to dissapate. I still have flaking an scarring. I would like to be kept informed of ANY class action lawsuit Please! Thank you!
I too have a a very bad reaction to these bras evidently. I happened to see a news report on this problem tonight and felt such a sense of relief because I could not afford to go to the Dr. and my sister is fighting a rare form of breast cancer that started similar to this and I have been scared to death of another outbreak before I could get some ins. and go to have it checked out. My breasts had red whelts and were extremely hot and the itching was unbearable, I too thought maybe soap or lotions but was really scared of breast cancer and spent weeks  scared and crying. I tried all kinds of itch relief cremes thinking I had gotten into some kind of vine or plant I was allergic to or at least hoping. LDM
I seem to be one of many joining the chorus!  I just went out and bought 3 more VS bras thinking  I needed new ones since the rash under by breast would be helped!  I spend more time braless trying to clear it up and it comes back as soon as I wear my bras for a few hours.  I have over $200 worth of dangerous bras in my drawer- what do I do with them?  Any suggestions on which brands to buy, I need to go shopping tomorrow.
I too would appreciate knowing what I should do next
Let me start by saying how much I love Victoria Secret and that I've been buying products from VS since I was probably 16 years old. With that said, I have to express my disappointment in all the new bras i've purchased in the past year.  I too have acquired a contact rash on the upper half of my body from the material. At first, I couldn't believe it was from the bra but after seeking treatment from a dermatologist EVERY time I wear the bra, the rash flairs up again. Just yesterday someone called me from VS organization to offer $100 gift card. I'd like to know if I should accept and how to find out more info regarding the class action lawsuit
oh my god..me too..i have one lil red blister right up under my arm where i thought it was the wire rubbing but it never would scrap off..im afraid. someone please let me know what to do?
Some users here are incredibly insensitive.  Everybody is entitled to their opinions. Although I do agree that some of these posts here are ridiculously. ( wires, etc) I too was a Victoria secret lover. I loved vs bras. Until I found out what the culprit of my deformed, blistered covered breast.

Two years ago, I had a red bump under my left breast. I thought it could have been something cancerous, so I went to the doctors only to find out it wasn’t. He couldn’t figure out what it was, so he prescribed me medication and cream that made me sick.
I figured it’s no big deal, until the blisters bopped, and literally had an open hole on my breast. It bleeds for several days. And is scared for good now.  2 years later, my left breast is completely covered with many blisters, and mind you, the blisters are only on ONE side of the breast, right underneath. It is only in that area, and no where else in my body.

I was scared to tell my family and friends. I thought it was a personal issue, and wondered what I’ve done wrong, not only has it been lowering my self esteem, it caused me stressed..

What made me angry was to find that VS didn’t bother warning their consumers knowing what had happened. They disregard it to make a quick buck, although people’s lives might have been on the line.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the blisters and welts? What type of medication did you use? Any otc medication? Please help.
I live in Cambridge, UK.  I recently purchased three bras from the Triumph store in Cambridge.  I noticed that I started developing red marks under my arms where the bra touched and thought I was allergic to my deodorant, so change deodorant.  However, the rash continued to develop under my arm and up towards my shoulder along the line of the bra.  Also a really, really, itchy rash under the chest strap developed which nearly drove me mad with the itching.  It was bright red and a wheal came up along the length of the front band and I just had to go bra less when I got home from work it was so bad.  I did a Google search and found this website and the information about Victoria Secret bras but am now wondering whether this problem also affects other manufacturers?  I have taken photographs of the rash and intend to write to Triumph to see what their response is.  It's hard to believe that so many women have been affected by this, what's going on!!!
I've had the same reaction to a very expensive WACOAL bra. Any other people having trouble with these?
At the end of December I purchased a Body by Victoria Demi bra and a Biofit bra.  I have been experiencing the rash that has been described.  I also am having a problem with the underwear that I purchased in November.  I had horrible itching and could not figure out what it was from.  I changed soaps, detergents, fabric softners, dryer sheets, and nothing helped.  It has gotten worse and now I have a red outline where my bra sits.  It is starting to get painful as well.  I never thought that this problem was from my VS bras until when I went to the doctor and he asked if I had VS bras.  I didn't know why he asked that, so I did some research and found this website.  I want my money back!!!
How dumb am I, I've dealt with skin conditions, I have always itched from my VS (Sexy) bras, I thought it was just me....well, I have had more outbreaks and finally went to an allergist...I'm allergic to formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin.  I recently bought couches and figured they were culprit (still think they are also), so have been online for weeks.  Then....the article with VS and Formaldehyde on ABC came online.  I've been wearing VS forever, just thinking it was my sensitivity, never formaldehyde...I've also noticed by my C-section incision that I've been dying of rash too, why can't it be the underwear as well?  Anybody in my shoes, give a feed back...sooooo pissed off!!!  Really, Formaldehyde???
Have had same rash problems vs still selling these bras who is handing the class action?
Tonight I decided to Google and see if other women were having any problems with the Biofit bras from Victoria's Secret.  The past 6 months I have undergone several doctor's visits and dermatologist allergy tests.  Come to find out, I am highly allergic to the Biofit bra!!  I started with a very mild rash which progressed to blistering and oozing around my nipples.  My breasts and nipples swelled to about 3X their normal size and my breasts turned very dark.  The dermatologist told me that this was called "post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation."  The darkness and rash have been slowly healing.  Hopefully in time for my wedding, which is in 8 weeks.  What an ordeal!  I plan to call the company to let them know what happened.
I went to my doctor with open raw burning sores, along my bra line after switching to $40 VS bras, my doctor said it looked like an allergic reaction and referred me to a dermatologist, I joked and said it's Victoria's Secret, this is no joke!!!! I cannot get into the derma until the 16th of this month but OMG I have it bad, open red sores, that itch no creams help, I had to quit wearing bras of any sort in hopes it will clear up, appears to have left scars the burns were so deep.  Damn!   It really is the VS bras!!!! Searching online tonight for help with the sores......came across this forum thank you I thought I had some fatal disease.
I bought two Body by Victoria bras a couple months ago, started wearing them immediately, and within a couple days my breasts were covered with hives!  I thought maybe hand-washing wasn't getting fabric finish or sizing out of them, so machine washed them with no result--still had hives, and also my breasts seemed to be lumpier.  Sometimes the itching was so bad I couldn't sleep.  Went back to my old bras from Gap, & hives are starting to subside.  Am keeping VS bras as evidence, and would like to be involved in any lawsuit.  My life has been miserable for the past couple months, and now I fear long-lasting side effects....
OMG...I just googled rash from bra and came up with the website. My rash is under my breasts right where the band sits.  I also thought it was from the laundry detergent.  Tried many other kind, handwashing, using baby detergent and still the rash.  I use the VS cotton bras.