Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Very High Level of IgE
At January 2011, my IgE was 1923 U/mL. At December 2011, it is 1590 U/mL. How vulnerable I am now? What is going to be happened to me?

My doctor says, I have been suffering from Rhino-Sinusitis. Is he right? I am not sure about my fate! Is there any way to cure?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normally, during the course of evolution from a baby to an adult, we develop a mechanism by which we desensitize ourselves to all the materials we are exposed to. But sometimes, the desensitization may not be perfect and we develop allergic reactions to those few substances. This is what happened in your case. On exposure to the allergen, an Immunologic (IgE) or a non-immunologic reaction is set in process, which ultimately releases histamine, which acts at the peripheral receptors, resulting in allergic reactions and rashes.

So, the IgE levels will come down once the allergic reaction subsides.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Avatar universal
Thanks Paderla Anitha for your comment.

I want to give you a little more information- I was not allergic from my childhood. Now I am 33 and have been suffering this strong allergic reactions just for last 03 years.

But, can you tell me more about how my body's allergic reaction will subside and my IgE level will come down? May I have to continue taking medicines year after years i.e. just dependent on medicines? Or one day I will be able to run without medicine? And when that day will come? After one year, two year, three year...?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources