Very high SGOT & SGPT with Mononucleosis
My daughter (12 years old) was diagnosed with mono today (EBV IgG 11.10) and (EBV IgM 5.73).  We did two blood tests, 24 hours apart. The first one showed SGOT at 263 and SGPT at 269.  The next day the SGOT was 298 and the SGPT was 279.  Not sure what this is but the y-GT is 102.  The doctor does not know if such high levels are serious and was reluctant to admit us into the hospital. She left the decision up to me but I have no idea.  They look dangerously high to me but perhaps this is common with the Epstein Barr virus?  Please help.  My daughter has had a fever of 102 during the day and 104 at night for 10 days.  VERY sore throat for 4-5 days, stuffy nose and sometimes watery, red eyes.  She is completely exhausted all the time but at night does not rest as she is restless and sweating.  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. It could be the infection which has caused the elevation of liver enzymes. Also, sometimes the medications used could cause elevated levels. As the infection subsides, the levels should come down. So, please don't worry and keep monitoring the levels at regular intervals.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.