Allergy Community
Wbc differential

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Wbc differential

I have been suffering from cold and sneezing for more than 2 weeks so I did a blood test The report says that I have
neutrophils 49%
lymphocytes 45%
eosinophil 06%
basophils 0%
monocytes 0%
esr, edta 25mm/1hr
absolute eosinophil count 474 cells/cumm
can anyone tell me if I have some kind of allergy?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The eosinophil counts are raised, both absolute and differential. This indicates that there is an allergic activity. But it is difficult to specify the allergens with this result. An allergy specialist can help identify the allergens and may help to desensitize you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I consulted the doctor and he told me that I am having eosinophilia
can u tell me what is the normal count of absolute and differential.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

For the differential count 1% to 4% of the white blood cells are eosinophils. For absolute eosinophil count, a count of more than 500 eosinophils per microliter of blood is generally considered eosinophilia in adults. A count of more than 1,500 eosinophils per microliter of blood that lasts for several months is called hypereosinophilic syndrome.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
My sneezing problem started again and my doctor told me that you have to take Montec Lc for 90 days.I want to know whether it is a course for 90 days .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Montec Lc is montelukast 10 mg and levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg. Montelukast belongs to the class of leukotriene receptor antagonists. It is used to prevent allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the action of substances that cause inflammation, fluid retention and mucous secretion. So, it is prescribed long term as preventive measure, so you can take it for 90 days.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.