Allergy Community
Welts/hives associated with glands?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Welts/hives associated with glands?

Had a semi severe reaction last night with no identifiable cause. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced welting that was not associated with anywhere an allergen could touch? My partner calls them my "Frankensteins" because anytime I get a severe hive reaction, I get large welts on my neck, just under my ears. Just two big ones. Last night also got them on my cheeks, on each side. Also on my femoral glands (crook of thigh) and under my arms. I did get some on other parts, but the neck and cheek ones recur no matter where an allergen touches. And today they feel bruised and sore, though no visible signs.

Any ideas? I have been skin tested and am allergic to "all things living" basically. No food or drug allergies, or chemicals. Also had trouble breathing last night. Took 4 Benedryl to calm things down finally.

Advice or even knowing I am not a medical freak would be super. Thanks.