Allergy Community
What is my cough?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

What is my cough?

I've had this cough for over 2weeks now, first it started off chesty and now it's when I inhale smoke perfume ect. I do have Asthma if that's how you spell it, and I did smoke heavily when I was drunk. But I normally do when drinking and this has never happened. I do bring up mucus but its clear.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Asthma. Are you on inhalers? Besides this it could also be due to bronchitis or COPD. You will need to consult your doctor who may need to do a sputum culture and sensitivity to determine what antibiotic the organism is susceptible to.  He may even ask for blood tests and an X ray. Lung function tests could further help in evaluation. In the meantime take OTC acetaminophen if there is temperature, try to take warm oral fluids and do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.