Allergy Community
Why am I getting hives and swollen eyes?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why am I getting hives and swollen eyes?

Last July, I visited my boyfriend and the first day I'm there I am fine.  Then the next day I start getting itchy hives on my chest and upper back.  Sometimes, it starts itching around my eyes.  Then I wake up the next morning and my eyelids are puffy/swollen.  Now, I've been visiting my boyfriend since the summer of 2008 and I have never had any problems until July of 2010.  Now everytime I go there, I end up with hives and the swollen eyelids. I visit my boyfriend 1 weekend a month.  I go there on a Friday and I come home on a Sunday.  Once I get home, it usually takes several days for all this to calm down and go away.  Last time, instead of staying at his house, we stayed in a hotel.  My eyes didn't swell.  I did break out in hives, but they weren't as bad as usual.  Since July, I have seen allergy doctors and regular doctors.  I've had allergy testing and blood testing.  I've started allergy shots, because I'm apparently allergic to several things.  The only thing the blood testing showed is that I may have Benign Cyclic Neutropenia, but that's about all the doctor told me.  Now, when my boyfriend comes to visit me at my house, I don't have any problems.  No hives.  No swelling.  I'm beginning to think it's something at his house, but we can't figure out what.  He does have a beagle that he lets lick him and lay in his bed.  But I have a dog and I used to work at a vets office and never had problems. But I dread going to visit him now.  Does anybody have any ideas about this?  Any advice would be appreciated. It's making me crazy.  

Thanks!
Holly