Allergy Community
Why are my hands always itching and breaking out?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

The palms of my hands Itch deep inside and when scratched, they break out very bad and nothing I do helps. like lotions, creams, medicated creams, soaking. I have had savear exima all my life, 48 years. Do you know why this is happing?
It is every day, all day.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Eczema is one condition where the hands get cracked. In this disorder contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents causes symptoms. Sometimes sweat, changes in temperature and psychological stress are known to trigger these episodes. For therapy the best way is to prevent attacks by identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. So, Allergy testing would be worth looking into. And treatment is with cortisone based creams, which need to be very potent and of increased strength to heal the cracks.  Always wear gloves for  washing and while going outside, as cold increases drying. Don't wash your hands anymore than necessary and use very mild soaps. Apply constantly plenty of good moisturizing creams and alternate with steroid creams. Use a humidifier in the rooms to avoid dryness.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.