Why hair only makes face itch?
I have always had allergies, even took shots as a teenager. I remember, in particular, my nose always itching before I began taking shots. Got better.

Skip to adulthood, not taking shots, but I have begun to take notice (been happening for years but didn't really wonder about it) of the fact that my hair, if it touches my face at all, makes my face itch tremendously. Especially around my eyes, cheeks, and nose area it does. My hair doesn't bother shoulders or arms, just face.

When I was a teenager and wore bangs I would get sores on the top of my eyelids from where the bangs would touch. As soon as I let bangs grow out it seemed to get better, but all these years later I am wondering why it still does.
It could be several things.
#1 The cut of the hair.  This causes the hair to poke into the skin. Freshly cut hair is "sharper ".
#2 The shampoo/conditioner.
#3 Hairspray.
#4 An allergy/sensitivity to your own hair.