Why is my throat swelling up?
As of late, about every night for a week or two, it feels like my throat swells up. I do not think it is allergies because it happens at night and whenever I'm around pollen or dust it doesn't happen. Anyway, all day today it feels more swollen than before, and it's been happening all day. There is also excess mucus in my throat. What should I do? I took my allergy medicine (over the counter stuff) this morning, but it only helped for about an hour or two. What's wrong?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The throat swelling could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. Sinus infections can cause stuffiness of the nose with nasal blockage, which can make breathing through the nose difficult. It can also cause post nasal drip and lead to an irritation in the throat. This is more pronounced when the person lies down. This is affected by the side to which the person turns also. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

Another thought to cosider is acid reflux or any of the forms of GERD.  The symptoms you describe are consistant with severe types of GERD.

You should see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.

God bless.