Allergy Community
aaa7777

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

aaa7777

I have liver cirhossis. For the last 24 years i had been consuming alcohol. My situation was serious and After treatment and after one year i have again started taking alcohol daily.

My bilirubin is now 2.0 (Direct 0.6 and indirect 1.4). SGPT 30 and SGOT 58. Is this normal ? and what are the danger levels for SGPT and SGOT for liver cirhossis patients
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normal values for SGOT is 0-35, SGPT is 4-36, ALP is 30-120, Bilirubin is 0.3-1.0, Gamma Glutamyl Ttansferase (GGT) is 8-38. LDH is 45 - 90 U/L. Your liver enzymes seem to be elevated. Cirrhosis of liver can cause liver failure. The liver which is compromised cannot metabolize the waste products hence there is an elevation of blood ammonia levels resulting in encephalopathy. There could be back flow and portal hypertension. Also, increased levels of ammonia may also be seen with gastrointestinal bleeding, where the  blood cells are hemolyzed in the intestines, releasing protein. This can affect the vital organs.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.