Allergy Community
abdominal sores on infants/toddlers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

abdominal sores on infants/toddlers

my baby girl (1.6yrs) has developed rash around the abdominal section up until to the thighs. during the day shes fine but she starts crying at night because she's itchy and she doesn't want any nappy on. what could be the problem and the cause?
Hi, welcome to the forum, her symptoms are suggestive of diaper rash a type of irritant dermatitis. It seems secondary to the garments or diaper she is wearing and sweating will worsen the condition. If it is left untreated for more than 3 days then it can lead to Candida (fungal) infection.

The symptoms can be managed by use of
- White petrolatum, Zinc oxide cream or Sucralfate can be used which acts as protective barrier.
- Use of powders such as cornstarch or talcum powder is also helpful.
- Low potency topical glucocorticoids cream can be helpful.

I suggest you to consult pediatrician. Take care and regards.
thnks a lot i really appreciate it.
can safyr bleu cure iritis?