abt SGOT and SGPT
i'm mitran, 18 now . actually i was suffered frm jaundice last december. nd now almost two mothns got over.two days before i took blood test and checked for the Billurubin level , it actually decreased from 8 to 0.9 . . but SGOT and SGPT level is not normal and its higher than the normal.. i'm much afraid of tis , whether how to reduce the SGOT nd SGPT levels to normal..  wat shall i do to reduce tis.. pls give some tips.. anyone ! . help mee plsssss . .
Thanks for writing to the forum!
SGOT and SGPT levels remain high as long as the liver function has not come back to normal. What is important is to compare the values with the previous report. Like bilirubin, if these values too have come down but are still high then do not panic. In due course of time they will improve to normal values. However if they are higher than the previous values, then do consult your doctor. However if your bilirubin has come down to normal, so will your SGOT and SGPT. Follow the diet restriction prescribed for jaundice-low fat and high vegetable and fruit diet.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
this is very serous problem  abot SGPT &BILLIRUBIN levels...i had hgh levels (56-117) frm April 2010 it keeps on moving up &down .... i had consulted many doctors (gastro specalist) i had gone thru many tests lyk all the hepatitis .... they all are negative...  still my LFT are not becoming normal..... i had a test of liver & that also was normal........i dont know wt to do i visit the doctor & he told me to take the tablets like HEPAMERZ & LIV52 DS for around 3-4 months & to be n a normal diet(not the outside food frm hotels) ......i had stopped drinking alochol frm last october 2010 ...plz help me ..wt to do.... i dont have any symptomps of  jaundice ....my urine color is clear no yellowish color ...no pain in stomach .... i dont knw wt s happning to me.... plzz is it normal that SGPT levels go up& down......wt diet should i take now ....can i have nonveg stuff &all..