Allergy Community
alergies to the epipen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

alergies to the epipen

what could be the worse outcome if someone was alergic (allergic) to the epipen, and was injected? Could they die from this??

This discussion is related to Risks of using EpiPen Autoinjector.
Avatar n tn
I am someone who is very allergic to epi-pens, and I have been told not to use them by my doctor.  I have specific epi pens made for me that do not contain chlorides (the chemical in the epi pens that I am allergic to) that I reorder every three months from a compounding company.  However, if my reaction was severe, and I did not have my epi pens on my for whatever reason, a doctor may try an epi pen on me in the hope that the medication would over come the reaction long enough to save me.