Allergy Community
allergic to pain killers like microcid,lyser-d saridon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Last week I had a tooth removed ,to recover from which I was prescribed lyser-d , after taking it for 3 days ,I developed severe urticaria and had to rush to the nearby hospital who prescribed me certain medicines ( omenacartel-20 mg ) & proxyvon etc.  Now I am fine. But  two yrs back i had met with an accident , then also i was given microcid for which also i developed a similar reaction ,saridon  also gives the same reaction  Now I am worried as to how and which pain killer is causing this allergy & what I should do if I am in pain. kindly help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Indeed, allergic reaction may occur with certain medications. To determine the specific triggers of  the allergy, allergy test may need to be done. To avoid any future reaction, it is best that you inform your health care provider the medications you are allergic to. Desensitization or immunotherapy may be done to help manage the allergy. Take care and do keep us posted.