allergies/chapped lips

I have a 5yo son who has asthma/allergies.  We have seen an allergist and no allergens have been found to be positive.   His asthma seems to flair up in the winter.  He also gets extreme chapped lips and I am wondering if the three coincide? When he takes singulair and his asthma is well-controlled it seems like his lips get better.  We have also noticed that whenever he goes to school his lips look terrible when he comes home. Could he be allergic to something at school?  Thank you.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well, both asthma and chapped lips may be related, in the sense both can be due to exposure to cold. They can also be due to decreased moisture as in Sjogren’s syndrome.

There is a possibility that the two are not related. In this case chapped lips could be due to contact dermatitis due to the lips coming in contact with something. A vitamin B and vitamin C deficiency too can cause chapped lips.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Can singulair cause dry, chapped lips?