allergy in one Eye?
Can you have an allergy in one eye that causes swelling of the upper eyelid throughout the day? My eyelid swells (upper lid only) throughout the day (less swelling when I first wake up) and feels heavy. Grittiness in the swollen eye (actually both eyes at times) - but no swelling on the other eye. Please help with your thoughts! Thanks.

Just an off the wall thought -- might you be allergic to something in or on your pillowcase?  LIke the fabric softener or the laundry detergent used and maybe you only sleep on that one side at night and the remnant causes the swelling to continue during the day?

Maybe try washing your eye with water in the AM and see if this helps, along with during the day .. rinsing it with water.  I'm not a Dr so this isn't medical advice -- you may want to ask your Dr, just a thought I had while reading your post.

When I wear contacts my one eye develops an allergic conjuntivitis while the other eye is A-OK ... we never could figure that one out at all and it's happened every time I've tried to wear them!  

C~
Thank you for your response. It is possible that my pillowcase/laundry detergent could be an issue. I'll definitely consider that when I do my was. I have switched detergents so perhaps that is the case!  Thanks! And thanks for sharing your issue of having an allergic reaction in one eye - while I am sorry to hear that you have had similiar issues as I have, I am also slightly relieved that I am not the only one with one eye allergy.