Allergy Community
allergy or what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

allergy or what?

hello.
this year (mostly when weather became colder) i have constant sneezing episodes and i'm having stuffy nose for most of time.
years ago i had bad cough for some time and i was diagnosed allergy from newspapers.
since that i think i've got ridden of that but now i'm not sure whether i still have some type of allergy or not.
my nose usually itch and makes me sneeze which is annoying.
some time ago i read about allergy to cold air and been wondering if that could be the problem.
also when i wake up in mornings i have fulness feeling in my nose and i have to blow my nose (which i do pretty hard).
two years ago i had conjunctivitis and doc said it's allergy but didn't explain from what. i stopped using make-up and haven't rubbed my eyes anymore. but recently i've noticed something like small flakes on my eyelashes my mom thinks it could be allergy  but since it's not bothering me and not getting worse i haven't planned an appointment.
only i'm thinking could it be from blowing my nose too hard? two years ago i was sick and blew my nose very hard which made me dizzy and my ear plugged and just after that i noticed conjunctivitis.
since that time nearly everytime i blow my nose i have dizziness.
but that sneezing is just something i really can't explain, it's pretty frequent and annoying.
please if someone has any ideas what that would be or at least which direction i should look...
thanks.
Hi, welcome to the forum, you are having allergic response to some unknown allergen. The allergens or triggering factors like dust, fog, pollens etc. can cause the precipitation of these symptoms. These symptoms are exaggerated esp. in winter or cold environment.

Sneezing is a protective reflex which occurs secondary to exposure to the irritant or allergen, which helps to blow out the irritant. In some individuals there will be Airway hyperresponsiveness due which there can be either allergic rhinitis (mild to severe form) or asthma.

There is particular neuronal mechanism exists. When ever you are exposed to allergen there will be release of histamine, this is responsible for sneezing first and then followed by further release of histamine in the skin leading to itching. The order may differ from individuals to individuals.

You need to identify such allergen and prevent further exposure. This measure is sufficient as you have milder form of allergy. I suggest you to consult allergy specialist. Take care and regards.
Thanks for information.
I will see doctor some day but right now I don't have any insurrance nor money so while symptoms aren't worsened I'll just try to avoid dust (though quite impossible since I literally live in dust pile) and newspapers and be more outside, I found that fresh air helps itchy nose.