Allergy Community
allergy to estrogen/progesterone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

allergy to estrogen/progesterone?

I believe I have an allergy to estrogen and/or progesterone. I used to take the depo-provera shot. After I had my son, I got back on the shot and I began getting terrible canker sores in my mouth. I researched and found that it was either some kind of cancer, intestinal diseases, or a vitamin deficiency. I went to the doc, he had no idea what it was and gave me asteriod cream to help the paid. He said if they come often then its probably the intestinal disease which is weird since it usually happens in older people. I'm 25 now. So I started taking the vitamins that I was supposedly lacking. Didn't help. And I realized the reports I was reading (webmd...) said that they are heightened in women when they get their period due to the higher levels of hormones. I got off the birth control and haven't had a problem since. This is why I assume that I am allergic to them. Now to almost confirm that idea, I think I'm pregnant and suprise... they're back...