Allergy Community
allergy to lipstick

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

allergy to lipstick

i have used ester lauder lipstick for years and the last 6 months my husband has suffered from swollen lips, we have tried to discover a common denominator, i.e. shawing cream, after shave, glasses washed in a different brand of washing up liquid and seem to have come to the conclusion that it always happens when we are out socially and he is greeting friends with kisses.  We tried it out and when he kissed me with lipstick on,  his mouth became very swollen and  tingled for at least twenty four hours.  I wondered if ester lauder had put some new ingrediants into their lipsticks but it happens with other makes as well. Is there any lip balm he could use to prevent it happening as a barrier cream if not, what else can he take to react quicker than periton.