allergy to mederma
I am using mederma on my scar on my big toe and my foot swell, swelling is not a side effect for mederma, only itching is. anybody out there had the same?

Itching and swelling after using mederma are clear cut indications of an allergic reaction.Avoid using mederma and if there is any itching then pls take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.You can apply a mild steroid cream on the swelling till it subsides.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.

my 12 yr old daughter was applying mederma for a very light scar above her lip from having impetiego recently.  She has been using mederma for the past 2 weeks and her scar looks thicker and is actually darker.  It clearly says it will fade them, not neccessarily make them dissappear, and that it will thin the scar.  It has done the complete adverse and I am now wondering if this has happened to anyone else.